3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   NSV - running (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/185223-nsv-running.html)

Idealmuse 10-28-2009 01:14 AM

NSV - running

Hi Everyone.

I just wanted to share my NSV! This obese girl just ran 9 miles yesterday! It took me 2 hours, but WOW! I have a 15k race this Sunday and I think it will go well. 15k is about 9.3 miles and I'm aiming for under 2 hours. I'm not speedy, but I'm getting the job done. :)

Posting this here and not in the exercise forum, because I know a lot of you are doing couch25k type program, and I feel like running when your heavy is *THAT* much harder when you're starting out. But If you keep at it long enough you'll be a runner too soon enough!

Rock on Heavy runners!

thistoo 10-28-2009 06:39 AM

Wow, that's fantastic! You are officially my inspiration. Somehow I let someone talk me into training for a half-marathon this week. Considering at the moment I can run 3 miles in a row, maybe 3.5, I'm not sure how I will pull off 13 six months from now. But you came pretty close just yesterday, so I will keep that in mind as I train :)

Thanks for the inspiration, and congratulations. :)

kasmin 10-28-2009 06:46 AM

Nice! It just shows you that the only limitation we have is what we "think" we can accomplish!

Onederchic 10-28-2009 09:09 AM

YAY!!!! :woohoo:

ubergirl 10-28-2009 10:38 AM

Wow! Thanks for posting this!!! You are an UBER inspiration.

You guys have inspired me to incorporate running VERY SLOWLY.

waquilter 10-28-2009 10:47 AM

You're inspiring me to try the couch25k program.

FitGirlyGirl 10-28-2009 12:38 PM

Wow, that is totally awesome! I am in week 4 of C25K (though week 4 is being more than 1 week for me). I can't wait until I can do things like run 9 miles. You should be so proud of yourself. I hope the race goes well, I'm sure it will.

Waquilter - You should totally try C25K. It is definitely hard, but it is great. It's not just helping me burn calories and lose weight, it is also helping my confidence level. There is a lot of info online about the program, but if you have an mp3 player then I think the best mp3s for it are at http://gonicoleyourself.blogspot.com/ Most of the others are really bad techno.

Thighs Be Gone 10-28-2009 12:56 PM

OMG--I am not sure I in your league..the most I run is 5 or 6!

WAY TO GO! Isn't running great? Yesterday was absolutely GoYgEoUs! I could have run fahevvah!

Good luck on the 15K. Don't think twice about your timings. If your are gettin' her dun', then you are gettin' her dun'! :)

KaCee J 10-28-2009 01:55 PM

OMG! You are awesome! I am soooo glad you posted this, I have been contemplating running and I just keep saying, I am way too big for that, there's no use in trying, but you know what, I AM going to run! Way to go and good luck in your race!!

So happy for you!!
:running: :woohoo:

Idealmuse 10-28-2009 02:34 PM

Thistoo - 6 months is plenty of time just make sure you don't add miles in too quickly, (I think they say 10 additional percent a week is OK) but also make sure your running frequently enough - When I bumped up to doing every other day runs I saw pretty quick progress. I'm going to be doing a half Mary in the spring as well, but I'm not sure which one yet.

I didn't do C25k, BTW but it's a great program I followed something w/ similar intervals from the 13 week learn to run program. Great job for those of you doing it now or thinking about it! Go for it!

I'm actually doing a Marathon at the end of my Ironman next fall, but I don't think I'll end up running all of that! Yikes.

lambchop 10-28-2009 03:36 PM

What a great feeling! 9 miles is awesome...good luck this weekend too!

I am doing the c25k and appreciate your comment...just stick with it...just keep going...

EveLHaelf 10-28-2009 04:58 PM

You are ama-za-ZING! :carrot:

You are so inspiring to me! Way to go on 9 miles! You can totally do 13 keep up the great work. :hug:

Aclai4067 10-28-2009 06:22 PM

idealmuse- congrats that's so awesome!

Quote:

Originally Posted by thistoo (Post 2990128)
Wow, that's fantastic! You are officially my inspiration. Somehow I let someone talk me into training for a half-marathon this week. Considering at the moment I can run 3 miles in a row, maybe 3.5, I'm not sure how I will pull off 13 six months from now. But you came pretty close just yesterday, so I will keep that in mind as I train :)

Thanks for the inspiration, and congratulations. :)

No worries. You'll make it. That's about the level my sister was at when she started training and she trained for 6 months as well. She not only completed her half-marathon, she did it in unseasonably hot weather and beat all of her friends.

thistoo 10-29-2009 10:55 AM

Thanks for the pep talk, you guys. I am pretty excited to join the ranks of all you 'real runners'. :D

JustBeckyV 10-29-2009 11:01 AM

Dang - that is incredible! When I grow up I want to be just like you lol Seriously though -- I can walk/jog and I do about 2.5 outside but I can't jog that long -- 1 minute dang near kills me. I am working my way up though and thanks for inspiring me!