3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   wowzers... closet NSV (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/184881-wowzers-closet-nsv.html)

ubergirl 10-23-2009 01:43 PM

wowzers... closet NSV

I've been getting the feeling that I'm really not any smaller because it seems like most of my old clothes still fit even after 50+ pounds. I think it's because a lot of the shirts were really too small but they were stretchy, and now they hang and fit loose.

But today, I tried on the absolute smallest thing in my closet, an old linen dress that I wore to my best friend's wedding back in 1991 or 92... It's a size 20, form-fitted with no give. I tried it on back in June and remember thinking it would NEVER fit again. Today it fit!!!!!

Then, I pulled out some of my winter pants from the closet-- wool slacks that I haven't worn since last year. I remembered all of them as being kinda tight so I figured they'd fit now. They were HUGE.... just hanging on me... the crotches practically came down to my knees....

Afterwards, I picked up the pair of 18s that I bought recently that fit me nicely. But when I picked them up, they looked tiny. I had a moment's panic and thought "these are tiny, I can't wear these, I wonder if these are my daughter's jeans..." When I looked at the tag, they were the 18s. I slipped them on and they fit just fine...

It's weird how the mind plays tricks. Back when I was heavier, I used to avoid the scale like the plague, but I could almost instinctively guess when a certain pair of pants was going to be too tight just by holding them up to put them on...

That's what happened today, only it wasn't true. I really AM that small!!!!!

Nada 10-23-2009 02:15 PM

Yay. I remember once when I put a pair of my jeans in my daughter's drawer because they looked too small to be mine. Of course she figured out quickly they were too big to be hers!!

ubergirl 10-23-2009 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nada (Post 2984034)
Yay. I remember once when I put a pair of my jeans in my daughter's drawer because they looked too small to be mine. Of course she figured out quickly they were too big to be hers!!

That's awesome. I told my daughter recently that my goal is to fit into her jeans.

She looked HORRIFIED. :D

EveLHaelf 10-23-2009 02:18 PM

Congrats! I can't wait til I'm outta the 20's sized pants!

ubergirl 10-23-2009 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EveLHaelf (Post 2984041)
Congrats! I can't wait til I'm outta the 20's sized pants!

I think it depends on the brand... Mine are 18Ws...I think I would still wear 20s in some brands, but at least the stinking 24s are too big now. :carrot:

bcort 10-23-2009 03:22 PM

Congratulations!

beerab 10-23-2009 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ubergirl (Post 2984040)
That's awesome. I told my daughter recently that my goal is to fit into her jeans.

She looked HORRIFIED. :D

LOL! I love that!

I've pulled out a lot of pairs of dress pants and slacks out lately and have found they fit! I actually have pulled out some size 14s that didn't fit and now they can go on but won't zip up so I'm almost there! This weekend I'm cleaning out my WHOLE closet and donating all the large clothes :D

ubergirl 10-23-2009 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beerab (Post 2984202)
LOL! I love that!

I've pulled out a lot of pairs of dress pants and slacks out lately and have found they fit! I actually have pulled out some size 14s that didn't fit and now they can go on but won't zip up so I'm almost there! This weekend I'm cleaning out my WHOLE closet and donating all the large clothes :D

That's so awesome!!!!

I KNOW that I should get rid of them... but I'm scared. I can remember times in the past when I lost a little weight, bought new smaller clothes and chucked the old ones and then quickly gained the weight back and had no money and nothing to wear.

Granted, I've never lost this much weight before, but the idea still scares me.

Tai 10-23-2009 05:52 PM

Congratulations Ubergirl!

starfishkitty 10-23-2009 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ubergirl (Post 2983986)
I've been getting the feeling that I'm really not any smaller because it seems like most of my old clothes still fit even after 50+ pounds. I think it's because a lot of the shirts were really too small but they were stretchy, and now they hang and fit loose.

I'm going through the same thing! All my clothes still fits me for the most part, though a few are getting to the "little TOO big stage", like my jeans... because the majority of it must have been skin tight when I did wear it!! I love going through my closet now... it's like shopping all over again! :)

Onederchic 10-23-2009 06:04 PM

Congrats!! :carrot:

lottie63 10-23-2009 09:47 PM

Congrats. :D Great news.