20 Lb Box of Tide

• So yesterday, I came home from the store with a big box of Tide detergent. I was carrying it down to the laundry room, and I was like, this box is heavy, wonder how much it weighs. So I looked - 20 lbs.

Then I realized, I used to walk around all day every day carrying the equivalent of **SEVEN** 20 lb boxes of Tide on my person. Seven! There's no way I could pick up and carry seven of them dang boxes all at once today!

Jeez, no wonder I was sick and tired and worn out and in pain all the time. Seven big, heavy boxes of Tide.

Only three more boxes of Tide to go!
  • LOL.I think of this every holiday when I cook a turkey!!12 lbs feels....really...heavy...!!
  • Wow, DC, you really are an inspiration. You really are amazing. You're totally kicking butt!

I was just thinking that I couldn't even lift the amount of weight that you've lost. I have a 73lbs Labrador - I've tried lifting her from the floor & can barely do that. So not only did you lose my Lab but you lost my other dog, too (54lbs) plus one of the pumpkins I bought over the weekend (10lbs) !
    I wish I had a picture of them all lined up!
  • That would be awesome, line em up and take that pic! I love labs almost as much as hounds...one of my favorite dogs of all time was the world's sweetest yellow lab.

I can lift the amount I've lost, but only in human form. I was joking around with my BFF's husband...who is small and scrawny...a few weeks ago. He is under 150. So my BFF asked if I thought I could pick him up, so I did! I just lifted him a few inches off the ground...enough to make her ROTFLHAO (and to make him pretty peeved! LOL).

As far as actually picking stuff up, the heaviest I can really manage is a 77 lb sack of dog food. I can lift those to my shoulder and carry in a fireman's carry. It ain't easy but I can do it. I sling 55 lb dogs around all day every day though.
  • Mission set: I will take that pic tonight & send it to you. I added a pic of my 2 maniacs (she is a yellow lab!) to my profile so you can see that much at least for now! I have a few of them in the pudgy pets section, too.

And I cannot believe you lifted your BFF's husband! That is hilarious!

Seriously, though, you have come amazingly far. Congrats, lady. You really are kick@$$!
  • Oh how CUTE! I love labs because they always look so HAPPY. Hounds, OTOH, always look like they just lost their BFF...LOL.

Yep, he was not happy about it. At all. She and I were rolling on the floor though. Simple minds, simple pleasures I guess.

And thanks. It's hard, but it's worth it.
  • Amazing!!! Congrats that is incredible!
  • I keep counting my weight loss in those huge waterbottles that go in coolers I think they are 35lbs. I've lost THREE of those... or 5.5 boxes of detergent. Hehe... Only 2.5 boxes to go! WOOT!

Congrats on the 2 boxes worth of success!
  • I like this way of looking at it! Congrats on all of your success so far, girl!