3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Yogurt (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/184788-yogurt.html)

Beverlyjoy 10-22-2009 06:47 AM

Yogurt

Lately, I've been buying the plastic cups of yogurt and putting them in the freezer. Voila! It's like eating ice cream. It's already in the right portion, too. Just microwave it about 10 seconds. It makes eating it last for a long time.

I could eat ice cream every day (love it) - it's one of my favorites. I don't keep ice cream around - it's just too tempting. Freezing the yogurt has really scratched that itch

What took me so long to think of this. Had to share. :)

rockinrobin 10-22-2009 07:15 AM

I've been doing this since day one of my journey began over three years ago. I haven't missed one day of it. And gosh I couldv'e sworn I've mentioned it dozens and dozens and dozens of times.

I put it in the freezer for about an hour and a quarter. That seems to get it to the right consistency for me. And if I'm on the go, I'll freeze it solid and when I'm ready for it, it's thawed a bit and edible.

I also like to add in 1/4 cup of Fiber Once cereal. It gives it a little crunch (kinda granola-ish), some more nutrition and filling power. I eat it 2 - 3 times a day. :)

Beverlyjoy 10-22-2009 07:22 AM

Robin - SO glad you've mentioned it. I missed that post. (or forgot) It's a wonderful yummy food - I agree.

Tai 10-22-2009 08:59 AM

Beverlyjoy, I'm so glad you've discovered this. Enjoy your healthy new treat!

JustBeckyV 10-22-2009 10:43 AM

It definitely is a great treat!

Shannon in ATL 10-22-2009 10:59 AM

I started doing that recently, too. I froze some lowfat french vanilla yogurt, mixed in a few crumbled chocolate & chocolate chip organic graham bunnies, a little fat free redi whip and voila! Low cal icreamish snack!

rockinrobin 10-22-2009 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beverlyjoy (Post 2981915)
Robin - SO glad you've mentioned it. I missed that post. (or forgot) It's a wonderful yummy food - I agree.

Good! I'm glad you actually missed it! I sometimes wonder if I repeat myself too much. Well I KNOW I repeat myself too much ;).

Anyway, isn't it the greatest when you discover a new food find???? Enjoy!

VernDern 10-22-2009 11:46 AM

Mmm yummy! If it was good for me and wouldnt make me gain weight I would eat a tub of ice cream a day.

Can you put ANY yogurt in the freezer? I know they have recently started advertising the "whip its" or something rather thats made so you can freeze it but I wasnt too sure if I could throw my Yoplait fat free yogurts in??

Shannon in ATL 10-22-2009 12:11 PM

I just froze a regular low fat yogurt. I've had the whips, I bet they would freeze well... Hmm...

I did notice that I had a little icy edge on my yogurt when it froze, I think where I didn't stir it well before I tossed it in the freezer so the water wasn't totally blended back in... so, I recommend stirring it well first. :)

rockinrobin 10-22-2009 12:32 PM

I use the no fat yogurts (Danon light and fit in particular) and have no "water issues". And I never stir.

One other GREAT thing about freezing the yogurt - it takes longer to eat. Which is a very good thing for me as well.

VernDern 10-22-2009 07:45 PM

Hmm, Im def going to try it out! Sounds like a yummy treat!

duqserb 10-22-2009 07:52 PM

You guys have NO idea excited I am that I just read this!!!! I've just recently been having neopolitan icecream cravings haha But what I think I'm going to do is buy those yoplait delights (so yummy!) again and freeze those. My favorite is the raspberry/chocolate and it's only 100 calories!!! omg I'm so excited to try this lol

~D~

cfmama 10-22-2009 11:39 PM

I use full fat yogurt cups (PC creamy) and do this ALL THE TIME. I especially love the banana or the vanilla ones ;)

HeyHeyGabby 10-23-2009 12:57 AM

i could live off of 0% milk fat Trader Joe's Greek Style honey flavored yogurt: the idea of adding things to it and freezing is, no joke, making me excited.

hmmm.... i like the cereal idea, crunch is something i crave a lot! thanks for the idea rockinrobin :).

Starrynight 10-23-2009 01:36 AM

Does this work well with the plain yogurts as well? I like to add extracts (like vanilla or orange extract) to my plain yogurts and mix it up with splenda, so I'm wondering if this could be a mock-vanilla ice cream.. hmm.. *salivating at the thought*