Old 10-20-2009, 09:29 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 288/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Default the problem with *not* overeating...

The problem with not overeating - and boy, those are words I never thought I'd write - is that when everyone else around you is overeating you end up totally out of sync with their meal times!

This weekend I went to a Sunday brunch buffet with about a dozen other people. We started eating at 10:30ish. I ate well, and enjoyed what I ate, but I didn't eat until I was stuffed. (These days, I hate that feeling.) Most of my choices were on the healthier end of the food options.

After brunch, we went to Downtown Disney and walked around for hours. Around 2:00 I started to get hungry, and I figured everyone else would want to get food soon. By 3:00, I was pretty hungry, and someone else was saying, "I would totally want to go into the Ghirardelli store if I wasn't still so stuffed."

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not going to start overeating just to keep up, but I did feel weirdly out of sync with the rest of the group. Then again, I didn't say anything about being hungry, so maybe the other hungry people were also keeping quiet.

It's so amazing how much my life has changed. If I had been at the same brunch two years ago, I would have stuffed myself with muffins and scones and banana bread. This week I looked at that stuff at said, "okay, that's the caloric and nutritional equivalent of cake. Cake is not breakfast food."

Last edited by LisaF; 10-20-2009 at 09:33 AM.
LisaF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:39 AM   #2  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Muffins, scones and banana breads make me hungry an hour later! On the other hand, I ate 6 egg whites on Sunday with a huge tomato at 11 in the morning. Believe it or not, I wasn't hungry until about 5 that afternoon.

You could always put some small baggies of raw almonds in your purse. I am constantly amazed how long they satisfy me. I am talking like 12-15 of them.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:50 AM   #3  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Gosh, even when I ate like a pig, I would be hungry within a few hours of eating way more than I should have.

I agree, keep some kind of a healthy snack in your purse for times like that.
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:52 AM   #4  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

I agree with keeping healthy snacks in your purse! They come in handy
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

I totally know this feeling! My brother only eats 1-2 times a day, but I like to eat 5-6 smaller meals a day. One day we were out and he wasn't hungry, but I was starving!! I thought I was going to be sick, so at the one place my brother would stop the dbf got me a chocolate bar. And this is why I always pack some almonds, or pretzels in my purse.

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:04 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I totally get that. We had a buffet lunch Sunday. Probably I ate lighter than I would have, because I didn't much care for the food. But even if I did, I try very hard not to overeat. We went home to have homemade birthday walnut chiffon cake that I was really looking forward to - and no one wanted to have a piece with me! They were so stuffed. Of course, they all had 3 or 4 kinds of dessert at the restaurant, even though they knew what (really good homemade cake!) was at home. It was kind of depressing.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:34 PM   #7  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I definitely understand- when I eat now- I eat till satisfied- that stuffed feeling just bothers me a lot.

My husband will eat two huge meals in a day while I'll eat a bunch of smaller ones- like today my breakfast was a HUGE apple with peanut butter- so yummy! But I know in about 2-3 hours I'll be eating a good sized lunch as well. I usually eat like 4-5 times a day.

When we go to places like theme parks I do bring snacks cuz I know that I'll be hungry before everyone else. Usually fruit, nuts, cheese, beef jerky, water, quick stuff like that
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote