3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   And lo, the motivation aboundeth! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/184455-lo-motivation-aboundeth.html)

salsa chip 10-18-2009 08:52 AM

And lo, the motivation aboundeth!

Sorry all, it seems that Sundays bring out older verb endings in me ;)

I was bored just now and so decided to "schedule" my weight loss, just for fun. That is, I have this neat target of 50lbs down for the VV challenge, which if all goes well means I'll be at 183lbs around Valentine's Day next year.

So, I wondered, when would I be "on schedule" to reach my current goal weight of 153lbs?

Now I'm a nerd, so forgive the following. Skip it if you like:

Caveat: I know that weight loss isn't linear, and that "pressurizing" myself into a time-bound goal is a dodgy business for me.

Assumption: average weekly weight loss of 2lbs per week.

Which would have me at around 153 in the week of my birthday next year!! (I'm a June baby :D)

What an awesome birthday present that would be to myself! Even if I'm not bang on 153 then...I know that I'll be in so much better shape for that b'day than I was in June this year. Not just in terms of my weight, but also my general health, my self-confidence, my academic and professional achievements...WOW.

I'm completely stoked now. Will you all help me get there? :spin: :hyper:

paris81 10-18-2009 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salsa chip (Post 2975399)

What an awesome birthday present that would be to myself! Even if I'm not bang on 153 then...I know that I'll be in so much better shape for that b'day than I was in June this year. Not just in terms of my weight, but also my general health, my self-confidence, my academic and professional achievements...WOW.

Great! I think that this part that I'm quoting is the most important. Even if you don't lose 2lbs a week every week, if you stick to it, you'll lose something, consistantly, and you'll be all the things you described by your birthday! You're right, it would be a great b-day present. A gift that keeps on giving! :carrot:

lambchop 10-18-2009 09:28 AM

I was playing with numbers too this weekend! I'm a June baby too, and was thinking - imagine that...If I dropped a pound or two each week - look where I'd be! What a nice birthday treat that would be....to be smaller, along with healthier

ubergirl 10-18-2009 11:58 AM

Go June Babies, go!

I started my journey in 2009 and if my fitday projections are right, I can hit goal by my birthday if I manage to average 2 lbs a week...

In any case, I'm positive I'll be back to the prepregnancy weight of my first baby-- which was the beginning of the end of my life as a normal weight person.

Institches21 10-18-2009 12:05 PM

Quote:

I was bored just now and so decided to "schedule" my weight loss, just for fun. That is, I have this neat target of 50lbs down for the VV challenge, which if all goes well means I'll be at 183lbs around Valentine's Day next year.

So, I wondered, when would I be "on schedule" to reach my current goal weight of 153lbs?

Now I'm a nerd, so forgive the following. Skip it if you like:

Caveat: I know that weight loss isn't linear, and that "pressurizing" myself into a time-bound goal is a dodgy business for me.

Assumption: average weekly weight loss of 2lbs per week.

Which would have me at around 153 in the week of my birthday next year!! (I'm a June baby :D)

I'm completely stoked now. Will you all help me get there? :spin: :hyper:

Sounds like a Great Plan, and you are going to have an Awesome Year, so excited for you

LitChick 10-18-2009 06:53 PM

Quote:

I was just thinking that your posts make me laugh, and this was no exception.

I think that would be a great birthday present to yourself, and yes, you can! :carrot:

Elladorine 10-18-2009 07:27 PM

Keep on rockin!' :carrot:

I think it's an awesome idea to set up such goals as it really gives you a healthier version of yourself to look forward to. :D

JustBeckyV 10-18-2009 08:00 PM

Sounds like a great present to me!! My birthday is in July -- I am hoping to fit in a swimsuit this summer. First time in -- umm probably 20+ years!

salsa chip 10-19-2009 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paris81 (Post 2975412)
Even if you don't lose 2lbs a week every week, if you stick to it, you'll lose something, consistantly, and you'll be all the things you described by your birthday!

Thanks and YUP! I'm looking forward to it, but I'm also doing it, which is an interesting cognitive situation :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by lambchop (Post 2975440)
I was playing with numbers too this weekend! I'm a June baby too, and was thinking - imagine that...If I dropped a pound or two each week - look where I'd be! What a nice birthday treat that would be....to be smaller, along with healthier

YES! Can you imagine what it'd be like on our birthdays in late Spring next year, with us simply GLOWING from being so much healthier and happier?

(I have to be careful with this as I have a tendency to daydream about the future and never get round to actually realising it. But a little bit can be good, I think)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ubergirl (Post 2975619)
Go June Babies, go!

I started my journey in 2009 and if my fitday projections are right, I can hit goal by my birthday if I manage to average 2 lbs a week...

In any case, I'm positive I'll be back to the prepregnancy weight of my first baby-- which was the beginning of the end of my life as a normal weight person.

June girls of the world unite! Hee hee!

When I figured this out it was like my eyes popped out of my head! I'm so looking forward to it and you must be too :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Institches21 (Post 2975626)
Sounds like a Great Plan, and you are going to have an Awesome Year, so excited for you

Thank you - I'm excited too! Not just at the thought of having a great year to look forward to, but also the knowledge that it's going to be fantastic because I made it happen. That's extraordinary.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LitChick (Post 2976183)
I was just thinking that your posts make me laugh, and this was no exception.

I think that would be a great birthday present to yourself, and yes, you can! :carrot:

Oh my, thank you! Never thought myself a comedienne :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirenity (Post 2976233)
Keep on rockin!' :carrot:

I think it's an awesome idea to set up such goals as it really gives you a healthier version of yourself to look forward to. :D

Rockin' Salsa :carrot: I should make it into some kind of brand name.

I was/am a bit nervous about seeing it this way, lest I start obsessing about it. But generally I agree with you - having an event in time attached to it makes it all the more concrete.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustBeckyV (Post 2976271)
Sounds like a great present to me!! My birthday is in July -- I am hoping to fit in a swimsuit this summer. First time in -- umm probably 20+ years!

Oooooo, a swimsuit. I daren't even go there...yet :devil:

paris81 10-19-2009 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salsa chip (Post 2976751)
Thanks and YUP! I'm looking forward to it, but I'm also doing it, which is an interesting cognitive situation :D

Interesting cognitive situation! :rofl: I love it! :carrot:

findingfawn 10-19-2009 10:04 AM

I love to play with numbers too.. and have done what you have done many many times.

Good luck Salsa, you are doing great!!