Old 10-16-2009, 04:28 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 257/233.2/145

Height: 5'4

well I just looked and I think I would like to trade you bodies. you look awesome I can't even see my belly button in my case its a belly canyon and now days it just stares at the floor.
you have done a great job you look healthy and athletic. will you be my roll model.
whip1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 04:31 PM   #17  
In the Home Stretch!

S/C/G: See Tracker

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onederchic View Post
Daniela, I think you look fantastic. Thanks for sharing
Thanks Onederchic

So am I crazy is the belly skin not that bad? Anyone with similar stats (start weight/current weight) have loose skin that looks the same? better? worse? FYI - I haven't had kids but I do have stretch marks on my lower belly area but I can cover that up with underwear.
daniela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 04:40 PM   #18  
In the Home Stretch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whip1 View Post
well I just looked and I think I would like to trade you bodies. you look awesome I can't even see my belly button in my case its a belly canyon and now days it just stares at the floor.
you have done a great job you look healthy and athletic. will you be my roll model.
LOL aaah Whip1 the belly canyon is cracking me up. I wish I took naked or bikini before pics, trust me I had the belly canyon too!

I'm trying to find the worse pic I can...this is a good one.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mauzygi...7601482742863/

Thanks whip1 Aren't we alway our worst critics?!?!

Last edited by daniela; 10-16-2009 at 05:04 PM.
Old 10-16-2009, 04:51 PM   #19  
Gonna be a marathoner!

S/C/G: 268/258.6/134

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniela View Post
LOL aaah Whip1 the belly canyon is cracking me up. I wish I took naked or bikini before pics, trust me I had the belly canyon too!

I'm trying to find the worse pic I can...this is a good one.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mauzygi...7601482742863/

Thanks whip1 Aren't we alway our worst critics?!?!
It says that picture is private? And I don't think your skin looks bad at all!
Tibouchina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 04:55 PM   #20  
In the Home Stretch!

Thanks Tibouchina...I also fixed the link. Trying to find a big stomach before pic is hard because I think I cropped it out of all my pics back then HAHAHA
Old 10-16-2009, 04:56 PM   #21  

I couldn't see it either. trust me I was lookin.
oh can I ask how do you get up the courage to take before pictures of yourself? I have not allowed my picture taken in over 3 years and I know when I reach my goal I will be mad at myself for not doumenting all my hard work.
also who do you have take them?
Old 10-16-2009, 05:01 PM   #22  
Gonna be a marathoner!

S/C/G: 268/258.6/134

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
oh can I ask how do you get up the courage to take before pictures of yourself? I have not allowed my picture taken in over 3 years and I know when I reach my goal I will be mad at myself for not doumenting all my hard work.
Just do it! Make a private album online if you like, just keep them on your computer, etc. But do keep track. It will help you recognize that you are actually losing weight and looking more fab!
Tibouchina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 05:01 PM   #23  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Daniela, I think you look fantastic and if that little pinch of skin is all you've got, well, I think you could bikini model if you really wanted to. Seriously!
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 05:08 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibouchina View Post
Just do it! Make a private album online if you like, just keep them on your computer, etc. But do keep track. It will help you recognize that you are actually losing weight and looking more fab!
Thanks thats what I was thinking I will have my DH take pic's this weekend fully clothed of course he hasn't even seen me naked in several years and to think we used to shower together.(not anymore) poor guy still says but but it will save water yeah sure. I say so go shower with Al gore then
Old 10-16-2009, 05:16 PM   #25  
In the Home Stretch!

Quote:
Okay I think I finally fixed the link...sorry about that. The album is set to private because it's from a going away party with a bunch of my friends getting drunk...didn't want that available for the world to see

I understand the whole not wanting to be in pics. I never thought I looked that big but it was all to real when I would see pics of myself. I started taking pics in workout clothes or underwear randomly back in January when I got under 200lbs. My husband would take them or I would take pics of myself in the mirror. Now that I've come this far I SO WISH I took starting pics and measurements (didn't do measurements until I was under 200 too). The progress pics are a HUGE motivator for me, seeing my progress, or seeing others that post on here. GO FOR IT and take some pics even if they are crappy cell phone pics that you take of yourself. Shoot I would have been happy if I just took some starting pics fully clothed but ones of me standing up, a direct front shot & side shot. Sometimes you don't think you've changed even if you lost 50lbs and see a new pic but when you can put that pic next to an old one...that's when it hits you and you are like WOW it's working!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCHound View Post
Daniela, I think you look fantastic and if that little pinch of skin is all you've got, well, I think you could bikini model if you really wanted to. Seriously!
DC Thank you much Overall I'm super happy don't get me wrong. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed now that it will tighten up in time. I just feel like I got this far and it would be so amazing to have NO ROLLS when I sit down for the first time ever in my life. I guess time will tell.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:26 PM   #26  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

OK you both are BRAVE. I have a swim class that starts tomorrow and I'm wearing a bathing suit in front of a co-ed class. I'm not so worried about what rolls are left, but the loose skin on my thighs (inner especially) have me feeling really uncomfortable, but I'm sucking it up and doing it.
Idealmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 05:31 PM   #27  

Daniela, HOLY COW!! I just looked at your picture you have truly come a long way you are my inspiration. Thank you!
Old 10-16-2009, 05:36 PM   #28  
In the Home Stretch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealmuse View Post
OK you both are BRAVE. I have a swim class that starts tomorrow and I'm wearing a bathing suit in front of a co-ed class. I'm not so worried about what rolls are left, but the loose skin on my thighs (inner especially) have me feeling really uncomfortable, but I'm sucking it up and doing it.
You will be BRAVE tomorrow! I'm pretty sure others are going to feel the same way you do about themselves. I love that you are sucking it up and doing what you want! Let that confidence shine through
Old 10-16-2009, 05:39 PM   #29  
In the Home Stretch!

Quote:
Daniela, HOLY COW!! I just looked at your picture you have truly come a long way you are my inspiration. Thank you!
Thanks whip...can't wait to see your 1st progress pics post!

Anyone else have some pics to share? Come on don't be shy Any success stories of skin tightening up?
Old 10-16-2009, 05:45 PM   #30  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I didn't see any picture any where. But I'm sure you are both beautiful. Well, I've seen different pics of you both and therefore I KNOW you're both beautiful.

The worst of my baggie skin is under my former ginormous butt. Very sharpei like. Oh well. But my butt itself looks pretty darn good. I can't believe how small it is. It used to be shelf-like. My stomach is in pain just thinking about it.

My other not so great place is my inner upper thighs and then it would be my lower stomach.

I won't be wearing a bikini ever again. But so what.

I'm ALIVE! I'm healthy. I'm slim. I'm wearing size 4's and smaller. It's like I'm living in a dream. A wonderful, incredible dream. I'm having an absolute blast. I walk around feeling PHENOMENAL. Every single day is a joy and a blessing and feels like I felt when I was a kid and it was my birthday.

Would I rather have no loose skin, well certainly, yes. Of course. But the only time I even think about it is when one of those "will I have saggy skin" threads come along. I tell you it didn't even cross my mind when I started my journey. Not for a second. All of my vanity had disappeared pounds ago, otherwise I wouldn't have allowed myself to get to be super morbidly obese. So really the thought of some extra skin never, well there was NO thought of extra skin.

Oh. And I did re-capture my vanity . After being MIA for quite some time, it reappeared. BUT, not enough to let my excess skin bother me.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote