3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   I am so HAPPY! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/184184-i-am-so-happy.html)

cfmama 10-14-2009 02:16 PM

I am so HAPPY!

I just am. This is the best journey ever!

As I sit here with two lunching kiddo's (they have natural pb and honey on whole wheat with peaches, mandarins and yogurt) and Lady Gaga BLASTING on the stereo and we're all groovin... I can't help but think that I might not even BE here if it weren't for all of my hard work this year. I saved my own life and now I get to FREAKING LIVE IT.

Ecstatic I tell ya.

It's a good day :)

Why is it a good day for you???

ladyrider72472 10-14-2009 02:25 PM

Well, I am not listenting to blaring music....... but I do feel good today. Like you, I put in a lot of hard work..... Losing this much weight had nothing to do with "luck" it had to do with EFFORT. As I sit in my office where people are eating candy left and right and ordering take out..... I remind myself that this time last year, everything was a chore for me..... and now I "get" to do certain things like take a walk during my lunch..... instead of feeling miserable about what I ate.

I feel GREAT! Like another poster said on another thread, I feel like I have won the lottery!

findingfawn 10-14-2009 02:48 PM

I'm having a rough day... TOM is here, I'm tired and cranky and just want the kids to vanish.... but it's a good day, I have drank my water and am right where I should be with my calories for this time of the day.... and if I can muster the desire to get out of the house this evening, I'm going to go buy new underwear because mine are falling off my butt!

DCHound 10-14-2009 02:49 PM

A friend asked in all seriousness last night if I was going to start modelling again, something I haven't done since I was 20 years old, LOL. Yeah right. But it's been a good day, nevertheless.

IHeartMe 10-14-2009 03:36 PM

Everyday that I stick to plan is a good day for me. I think my journey is my new obsession. It's on my mind all the time. For me that's what keeps me strong. This is the first time trying to lose weight that I have stuck to plan religiously for 5 months. I try to wake up everyday with a positive attitude. I feel proud of myself everyday...and thats what makes it a great day!

Thighs Be Gone 10-14-2009 03:39 PM

I feel good today because tomorrow is my birthday. This is the first birthday I have had in 16 years that will not be spent OVERWEIGHT!

Stella 10-14-2009 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cfmama (Post 2970358)
I can't help but think that I might not even BE here if it weren't for all of my hard work this year.

Wow, you lost an amazing amount of weight!! Well done!

thistoo 10-14-2009 04:32 PM

Today I'm happy because I'm in love, and I'm not terrified by the prospect for the first time in a long time. I forgot how good it feels. (And it's great for weight loss too, the scale has been plummeting lately.)

FitGirlyGirl 10-14-2009 05:06 PM

cfmama: Congrats on your awesome success with weight loss and improving your health. Congrats also on feeding your kids in a healthy way. I am happy for you to have such a happy mood today. You are amazing and you deserve many days of great moods.

I'm glad others are having good days too. I hope there are many more for everyone and that there are good days headed in the direction of any of you chicks who are having not so good days right now.

Happy Birthday Thighs.

I am having an extremely happy day too because I have also saved my own life. I won't take the space to type it all again here, I already put it in a thread called MAJOR NSVs, but I will say that I have kicked diabetes' butt. I am sooooo happy right now.

Lyn2007 10-14-2009 05:08 PM

I am so happy today too!! I just feel so alive... excited to BE. I had a walk in the cool sunny fall weather and the smell of leaves just made me happy.

Arctic Mama 10-14-2009 05:14 PM

What a wonderful afternoon you have had!

Unfortunately for this house it has not been a good day. My two year old has swine flu and is pretty miserable (she'll be fine, just lots of vomiting) and so I was up with her all night. Then my one year old was awakened by her crying and decided to stay up fussing too, so sleep was non-existent.

It's been a very long day already. Fortunately she is now taking a nap and little sister is playing in the living room, so the day is improving. But sick kids are never fun!

Elladorine 10-14-2009 05:26 PM

As of today my BMI finally dropped under 40!!! :carrot: Which means I'm no longer "morbidly obese." :dizzy:

bcort 10-14-2009 08:49 PM

Yay! I'm happy for you. I have to re-commit myself to losing weight - thanks for the inspiration!

LotusMama 10-14-2009 09:09 PM

I am not a member of this forum, but just wanted to post and say, cfmama, I LOVE your message. It is so life affirming and you are so inspiring! Thanks!

Cheers,

J

starfishkitty 10-14-2009 10:18 PM

Seriously... the longer I go on this journey, the more I find myself walking on that good ole Cloud 9!!! For the first time in a long time, I feel content with the direction my life is going..... makes you wonder what in the H*LL we were thinking to let it go so bad and become so crappy feeling!!!