How much do you wonder what you'll look like?

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • I've lost 31 so far from my highest weight and have 103 pounds or so to go. I find myself fascinated with wondering what I will look like. I look at the goal and mini goal pictures, studying people who have lost a similar amount (or even points along the way).

I guess I just have no clue since I've never been a "normal" weight. I just keep wondering and wondering if I'll even look like me anymore.

Do you?
  • It might not be as long as you think... the face really thins out a lot usually before the rest of the body so you'll start seeing your face sooner then you think.

I think once I got below 220 or so the changes started happening fast an furious. I also wonder what I'll look like I haven't seen my goal weight in 20 years and I was just a young teen back then.
  • I have pics from when I was much thinner to look at and I have a feeling that I will resemble them.

My thing is that even when I was thinner, I thought I looked quite big in pictures, and even now when I look at some of the pics of me from before I think "Man, I only weighed x then, and thought I was pretty thin, but I wasn't", so I'm kind of concerned... but only time will tell how I end up in the next year or so.
  • I have never been a normal weight (well not since age 4). So I don't know what I'd look like. I have to say so far that I'm disappointed. I hate my face now more than I did when I was morbidly obese. It could be age, it could be other things but I hate looking at my face. Not sure what it'll be like in 50 lbs.
  • I wonder about this often - I've never been slim, so it's a real journey of discovery.

Friends and colleagues have commented on how my face has changed, though I can hardly see it myself. I guess it's really just a case of wait and see.
  • I'm only 40 pounds away from my lowest weight as an adult, where I was still considered obese. I'm still at a loss over how I'll look, but it's all good . . . can't wait to find out.
  • I was kinda freaking out about this exact thing last night. My mom and I are both trying to lose weight, but she has pictures to look back on: she was a normal weight until she got married. I have NEVER been a normal weight, always obese. I try to think about what I'll look like and I just end up getting frustrated and a little scared. All I can do, is hope I look okay :/. But right now i can barely imagine being 10 pounds lighter, let alone me being at my goal weight of 160.
  • I wonder how I will look too. I gained most of my weight in my 20s. I lost a significant amount of weight in the 90's but never got below 200. I am currently at my low weight of that time so from here on out, I am in uncharted territory. I seriously doubt that this 50+year old, formerly morbidly obese face and body will resemble its 20 year old equivalent when I was gaining.

Won't it be fun to find out what we look like under these extra layers!!
  • I think about it all the time. I have no frame of reference, just a couple of pictures of 16 year old me at 220 pounds (I haven't been under 200 since I was 10 or 11) and I think I looked pretty fantastic then. But I can't even begin to imagine what I'll look like.
  • I hope and pray I will at least resemble the pretty young girl I was at 18 before I got fat, because if I lose all this weight and just look like a skinny old lady I am going to be disappointed. I know I won't look 18 but please, at least let me look decent!!
  • I think about this quite a bit. The lowest I have ever weighed as an adult was 165, so I know what I will look like at that weight, but beyond that is uncharted territory. I'm very excited to find out.
  • You know, I think that I will be satisfied with looking like a skinny old lady if I can do the things that I dream about.
  • The lowest weight that I've been as an adult was 134, 9 years ago. At the time I was still not happy with my weight (I had gone from 215 to 134, but it took 5 years) - but looking at the pictures, I really hope that I look like that when I get there again.
  • I think about it all the time! I can't wait to find out! I was pretty athletic in highschool, so I guess I would go by those pictures... but I was still not at my goal weight, even then. I have a long way to go, and I can't wait to see the results!
  • All the time. It's dreams of a normal weight body that keep me going.