3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   I'm a rut. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/183490-im-rut.html)

TempleBody 10-05-2009 11:44 PM

I'm a rut.

At the end of October it will be about a year since I started my get healthy journey.* I'm not sure if any of yall remember me, but I remember alot of you though. (MugCanDoIt!! Wow, I saw your post. Good for you!!!) I've lost 75lbs slowly over this time of one year, but not consistantly. The past ten pounds took the entire summer. Of course, I had some tremendous stresses and for a few months I couldn't go to the gym because I didn't have childcare and I'm one of those people that can't seem to exercise at home for anything!! bah! I still binge once in awhile, but not like before.

I've noticed alot of wacky body-image things. I still feel like I have the same fat body as before, although I'm am wearing a loose size 18 and not a 26. Is that normal? :?:

I understand I'm relearning behaviors and this can take some time.

I'm just wondering what's it going to take to loose the next 50-75lbs. What will it take to loose the 25 lbs I need to loose in order to get to the 100s? :?:

I signed up for a bellydance class once a week for some fun.... I'm trying to think of ways to motivate myself some more. I even bought a few new gym pants and shoes. lol

Any suggestions or tips? Or just words of encouragement. :hug:

cfmama 10-06-2009 12:04 AM

Great job!!!!!! 75 pounds in one year is fantastic!

What will it take to lose more? Determination. And sticktuitiveness. And a whole lot of spit and grit ;) lol! Tweak what needs to be tweaked and stick to it! Perhaps you need to lower your calories, or switch up your exercise. Perhaps it's now time to get rid of those last few barriers (whether they be pop or alcohol etc) it's time to step it up the last few notches and get er done.

S.A.S.H 10-06-2009 03:16 AM

I couldn't have said it better. You have already proved to yourself that you CAN DO IT...so just keep doing it! Slowly off is better than quickly on!

rockinrobin 10-06-2009 07:08 AM

WARNING TOUGH LOVE AHEAD. READ OR IGNORE:

What's it going to take?

Brutal honesty. Not accepting any excuses - from yourself. You're one of those people who just can't exercise at home? NONSENSE. There is no such thing as *can't*. Won't - yes. Can't - nu-uh.

As for motivation? Ummm, also not a must. Motivation is fine and dandy, but it never seems to be around when the cookies, the cake and the fried foods ARE. Commitment. That's what's needed. IRONCLAD commitment to "do this". Once and for all and no matter what. Period. Then you do it whether you feel like it or not. Whether it's convenient or not.

You've done a great job so far. Great. But there's more out there for you. The health benefits of getting down to a "normal" weight are real. As are all the other rewards. Now I urge you to stop settling for better when BEST is well within your reach. Get some consistency going. A healthy lifestyle is a healthy lifestyle. Not a healthy lifestyle - sometimes. (Though of course perfection isn't required, luckily) Vegetarians don't eat meat only "sometimes". They've committed to the lifestyle, and they stick with it even if they've walked into a party loaded with beef and chicken. They keep to their convictions regardless of circumstances. A healthy lifestyle is no different. It's a choice. So I urge you to choose it!!! It's a lovely way to live.

Those belly dancing classes sounds like fun. Why not scrounge the net for some new and yummy recipes? Find some delicious foods to eat. Go buy some new kitchen gadgets. Set up a reward system? Maybe a new scarf or pocket book or something for either 10 lbs lost or adhering to your plan for a month straight? FIND ways to make this work - and then work it. Work it. Work it.

Don't dread these changes. Embrace them. Revel in them, celebrate them. Look forward to them. Eating well, exercising and being the best that you can be is no deprivation. Staying overweight and not living up to your full potential IS.

Now make a plan, get excited, get thoroughly into it and take this baby home. All the way home. You CAN do this. You absolutely can. You've got the power to do so and the full capabilities to do it. So get out there and do it. Why wouldn't you? :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

thistoo 10-06-2009 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TempleBody (Post 2957979)
I've noticed alot of wacky body-image things. I still feel like I have the same fat body as before, although I'm am wearing a loose size 18 and not a 26. Is that normal? :?:

Welcome back! Congratulations on sticking with it, even when there are obstacles in your way. That's not easy.

As for your question, yes, that is totally normal. I have lose 90 pounds over three looooong years, and it's taken my brain quite some time to catch up to the image in the mirror. Only recently, despite buying size small tops and size 10 pants, have I started to see a 'normal' person in the mirror instead of the morbidly obese person I have been for so very long.

You'll get there! Just stick with it.

Onederchic 10-06-2009 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockinrobin (Post 2958177)
WARNING TOUGH LOVE AHEAD. READ OR IGNORE:

What's it going to take?

Brutal honesty. Not accepting any excuses - from yourself. You're one of those people who just can't exercise at home? NONSENSE. There is no such thing as *can't*. Won't - yes. Can't - nu-uh.

As for motivation? Ummm, also not a must. Motivation is fine and dandy, but it never seems to be around when the cookies, the cake and the fried foods ARE. Commitment. That's what's needed. IRONCLAD commitment to "do this". Once and for all and no matter what. Period. Then you do it whether you feel like it or not. Whether it's convenient or not.

You've done a great job so far. Great. But there's more out there for you. The health benefits of getting down to a "normal" weight are real. As are all the other rewards. Now I urge you to stop settling for better when BEST is well within your reach. Get some consistency going. A healthy lifestyle is a healthy lifestyle. Not a healthy lifestyle - sometimes. (Though of course perfection isn't required, luckily) Vegetarians don't eat meat only "sometimes". They've committed to the lifestyle, and they stick with it even if they've walked into a party loaded with beef and chicken. They keep to their convictions regardless of circumstances. A healthy lifestyle is no different. It's a choice. So I urge you to choose it!!! It's a lovely way to live.

Those belly dancing classes sounds like fun. Why not scrounge the net for some new and yummy recipes? Find some delicious foods to eat. Go buy some new kitchen gadgets. Set up a reward system? Maybe a new scarf or pocket book or something for either 10 lbs lost or adhering to your plan for a month straight? FIND ways to make this work - and then work it. Work it. Work it.

Don't dread these changes. Embrace them. Revel in them, celebrate them. Look forward to them. Eating well, exercising and being the best that you can be is no deprivation. Staying overweight and not living up to your full potential IS.

Now make a plan, get excited, get thoroughly into it and take this baby home. All the way home. You CAN do this. You absolutely can. You've got the power to do so and the full capabilities to do it. So get out there and do it. Why wouldn't you? :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Yes, yes and yes.

nelie 10-06-2009 10:44 AM

I've been the same weight for 2 years and I can tell you exactly why.

1) I am afraid of going under 200 lbs (yes, paralyzing fear)
2) My habits reflect #1

I eat well, I exercise but I eat too much. I have not been willing to count calories regularly up until this point. I think if I stick with it enough to get under 200 then maybe, just maybe, the sabotaging that goes on will stop.

I think you can definitely identify what is holding you back and work on those things.