To shed my 55lbs.
Stopped drinkin sodas
Stopped eatin JUNK
Stopped eating pork
Stopped eating beef

I only drink water && Gatoraid

I eat small amounts
&& I will only eat chicken or fish.

I tell you the sayings sooo true. Nothing tastes as good as feeling thin feels. I have major control over myself. I never slip. haaha!

Everyone gets mad at me because I won't eat birthday cakes at birthday parties && I tell them, why should I? I don't want it. Go on && have it yourself, my bodys not dieing for it.

I've totally detoxed myself from sugar. The taste of it makes me want to throw up. So I think I've totally changed the way I think of food for the better. I no longer eat just because. I just eat enough to live, lol. Which there's nothing wrong with that. Cause a lot of people eat cause they're bored or out of habit. I know, I use to.

Whats everyone else doing to lose? I'm really curious? I know we're on our own individual paths here
Scilla95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 04:26 PM   #2  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Congrats!

Don't ya just hate it when people think it's a sin if ya don't eat bd cake?

Drives me nuts, it's like asking an alcoholic if they want a beer.

I'm a WW fan myself, and I do best when I limit carbs.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 04:36 PM   #3  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

What did I do to lose weight?

Cut back on my intake and journal my foods (I eat 15-1600 calories per day)
drink water... lots of it
whole foods, whole grain carbs, lean proteins, lots of fruit and veg and dairy
exercise consistantly

Lots of things.

Good for you for getting your life into order. Great job
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 04:40 PM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Congrats on your weight loss!!

I notice you said you drink gatoraid (which I love due to salt but hate due to sugar), I have found there are some good electrolyte alternatives if that is why you are drinking it. Ultima is a powder I use but coconut water is also a great electrolyte.

As for BD cake, at work, they have a monthly cake day for all the months birthdays. I often hang out and wish people happy birthday but really after the first couple times, they stopped asking me if I wanted a piece of cake.

As for what I've done to lose, well I did change my focus on eating to minimal added sugars, limited bread/pasta and 'carby' items, limit fatty items, limited sweets, don't drink my calories (unless it is low like 10 calories per serving), eat lots of fruits, vegetables, legumes, some grains, etc. Limit portions overall. I actually eventually went vegan but that wasn't for weight loss, that was just for overall health.

I also have done all sorts of exercising, focusing on weights more than cardio but I do mix cardio in.

Last edited by nelie; 10-05-2009 at 04:41 PM.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 05:24 PM   #5  
MindBodySpirit Health

S/C/G: 246/216/186

Height: 5'4"

Congrats on your weight loss!!! 55 pounds is huge!

To lose my 51 pounds (so far), I did what most others have done...cut out junk food, fried foods, sodas, sweets, etc. I cook my foods so I know what's going in it. I balance my calories (how much and what type) and I exercise 4-5 times a week (including weight lifting). I drink water, skim milk, and fresh vegetable and fruit juices (my juicer is my best friend). Haven't hit a plateau yet.
angieaang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 05:33 PM   #6  
Starting over

S/C/G: 257.8/242.4/135

Height: 5' 5"

Welcome!

Congrats on your weight loss so far, that's fabulous!

I follow an exchange plan--based on 1600 calories. I eat so many ounces of protein and servings of fruit, veg and carb per day. If it doesn't "fit" into my categories it's not on my plan. It makes for a lot of cooking, but that's OK. I do that anyway, only now I do it more healthily.
Alana in Canada is offline   Reply With Quote