Confessions

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • *deep breath*

I am making this post as a confession for myself. I need it.

The past 5 days...yes, 5 days, I have not counted one calorie or even exercised. I can try to fool myself in believing it was due to stress over meeting my bf's son finally but deep down I know that is not anything but an excuse and it stops today, now. I did weigh this morning and the good news is I haven't gained anything but the bad news is I haven't lost anything either.

I am extremely disappointed in myself because I pride myself in being able to stay on plan 99% of the time. Today I am back on plan with a vengeance.
  • Hey there Michelle, it happens
    Earlier this year, I went through 5-6 months of that. Excuse after excuse, everyday. Do you understand how ANGRY I am at myself now? I wasted so much precious time this year
    You have done INCREDIBLE. And I know you won't make my mistake! I'm glad your back OP!
  • Thanks so much
  • I've done that all summer. Was not a good plan. I gained 10 pounds.

Ok, I finally confessed.

Good news, I decided yesterday, I was done with that! I feel like crap and my pants are getting tight.

Back on the good health trail for me. I'm tired of feeling like death warmed over.

for you. I understand completely. BTW, you are a great inspiration! ANd you look hot, saw your pic yesterday!
  • Thank you, Janelle. We can do this
  • Forgive yourself, you are human. It does not sound like any damage was done so just move forward. You have been doing this for awhile so I bet that food wise you still ate what you normally eat.

You have been doing so great. Just forget those few days.
  • Thank you so much, Cheryl, for the support
  • 5 days and no weight gain, sounds terrific. You have done nothing wrong, there is no need to confess. You have managed to succeed for another week. In my humble opinion, you have just mastered the first step of something that scares the **** out me...Maintenance!
  • Awww Lori!! You know you are one of the biggest inspirations on this board for many, myself included. You have done so fantastic and we all love watching/reading about your continued success in maintenance. I am sure scary but you have overcome so much already. You are such a strong person. Thank you for being on this site and for being you
  • I had this issue last week and it started spilling into this week on monday. yesterday I was on plan, could've drank more water but I stayed within' cals and exercised. it's a pain, but we can do it! it's good to notice it right away instead of waiting a month+!
  • Thank you, Lottie
  • Michelle, Michelle, Michelle... Welcome to *human-hood* (that's not a word, is it?). This is a tiny blip in a looooong process (a never ending one in fact). You should be proud of yourself for putting the brakes on NOW, before any *damage* was done. That is the key. PUTTING THE BRAKES ON. CATCHING IT.

And a good catch it was. Get back to your plan. I know you want to. I know you'll be happier when you do. I know you'll be *relieved* and be thrilled to back to where you belong.
  • Thank you Robin for your support and for always being such a huge supporter of everyone on the site. You rock
  • Way to catch yourself! And don't consider not losing anything "bad" news. I'd say it's neutral. It's not good news, but it's not bad --bad would be a gain! Your weight stayed neutral, therefore it's neutral news!
  • Thank you