Plateaus

• I came across this idea for helping to break a plateau. I've experienced them on other weight loss journeys. Other than changing up your exercise routine, and changing the proportion of carbs, fats, and protein you have been eating, it suggests eating the same number of calories for the week, but increasing them one day and lowering them the next e.g. 2100 one day and 1500 the next. Also, I'm a poster child for losing and then re-gaining weight. Studies have shown that the most successful "maintainers" still write down their food, exercise at least 30 minutes a day, and basically, watch the kind of food they eat carefully for the rest of their lives. They can never be "normal" in regard to food. As simple as these ideas seem, I've never tried them. I think I alway thought I could be a normal eater in the end, but for whatever reason, genetics, psychology, that is not true for fat people. Maybe in a way it's a relief because as tough as it is to lose weight, maintaining it has been impossible for me and that is my biggest fear this time; I regained 90lbs 3 years ago, after all that struggle and time to lose it. I don't think I could face that again. I have to know that this time it will stay off.
  • I'm with you girl. I'm trying to re-adjust my thinking about eating "normal". So far I've realized that "normal" is not having Oreo's for dinner, "normal" is not making an all you can eat buffet a personal challenge, "normal" is not eating to the point of pain. I've figured out some of what "normal" is not, but haven't quite figured out what it is.