Change of Plans for Me.

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Two of my aunts have been going to Weight Watchers for a few months, so I asked them to get me the Complete Food Guide for which I gave them money. So I got it today mid afternoon, I will start it tomorrow morning. I've decided my diet needs a little more structure. I've been working out every day, but not paying as much attention to what I eat as I should. I will weigh myself in the morning and put that as my new starting weight. I like the idea of a fresh start. Not looking at this as a setback at all, as I am very proud of myself for working out every day for the past 35 days.

Wish me luck!

Sarah
  • Good luck !
  • Good luck, Sarah
  • Thanks Ladies! Your support means a lot. Don't worry I'll still be posting in here lots.
  • Good Luck!
  • There's no set back. No set back at all. In fact, it's a step forward--a step towards taking more responsibility, a step towards getting more serious. Well done!

(You know, on the Bob Greene Best-Life Diet Plan you have simply completed stage One, which is a month of excercise and becoming "more aware" of what you eat (as well as a few other small steps like upping your water intake)...so, you are right on track!)

Looking forward to your posts!
  • Quite a few people have told me they really like the WW points plan. Is that the one? I think it appeals to people who don't like to keep track of calories. This might be your food plan!
  • Good luck!!!!
  • best of luck with it! i do weight watchers and tbh it works great for me. i find calorie counting overwhelming but weight watchers slots right into my life! i hope you find it to be just as good as i do.
    well done on taking the step to becoming more serious about your weight loss, and for working out for the past 35 days! for me that would be the hard part!
  • I've been following a WW points plan for several months and it works! I'm really happy with my weight loss. Like you, I also stepped up my exercise, which helps, I'm sure. Best of luck!
  • I don't see this as a set back. I think you recognized that your current plan wasn't working and your seeking out different things that do.

I may get slammed for this, but you see, I won't wish you luck. Why? Because luck is not what it takes to make weight loss happen. Nu-uh. Luck's got nothing to do with it. It's hard work, perseverance, determination, commitment, and WILLINGNESS to do what is necessary to MAKE it happen.

A great quote comes to mind from Abe Lincoln -

"I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more of it I have"

You CAN do this!
  • Willingness to find what works - change it up a bit - that is what living with food is all about.

Good for you!
  • Awwww Ladies, you're all so great. Pulls everyone in for a group . WW just seems like so much food, I guess because of my size, and because I'm eating healthier foods. Still have 11 points left over for dinner, and I may have to have dessert to fit all those in. It just feels like I've been eating all day. I feel good though. I will find out how the scale thinks I did next Saturday I guess.

Sarah
  • sarah, i felt like that at the start too. it helps to have bigger portions, and add some cheese to lunch, use full fat versions instead of low fat etc. also, to make things balance out properly i allocate certain amounts of points to breakfast lunch and dinner, that way i know i am getting the proper nutrition before i have snacks. it is hard to balance it all out, but you will get there. wont be long until you only have 18 points a day! (which is the average maintanence btw!)
  • Sounds like a great plan!!! Lots of on-plan vibes coming your way!