Major Milestone - 70 Pounds Lost

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I finally hit the 70 pound loss mark some time overnight. Yesterday morning I was at 173.5 and this morning I was at 172.5. So I figure I hit and then slid past my goal of 70 pounds lost while I was sleeping last night.

I have been struggling since I hit the 170's in early July. Diet fatigue, hunger, wanting to eat too much of the wrong things, poor willpower and stress have all been my excuses for being off plan more often than not. I also had a very minor surgery on my foot that has halted most exercise. My weight has been up and down, with the highest about 181. But here's the deal. I liked not exercising. I liked eating too much of the wrong stuff. It was fun. I finally decided that I needed a break, but that it would be a controlled break with the goal of coming out not having gained. I was ready to get back on plan late last week so I started eating better. Sorta counting calories, but mostly just cutting back and eating good and healthy foods. It worked, my curent weight of 172.5 is 1.5 pounds lower than my lowest point over the last few months.

That I came out of this slump lower than when I started is huge for me! It means I do have a bit of willpower and self control, even when behaving badly.

Now I am working on the motivation to bust through to "overeight" by my birthday. A little pat on the back and a big kick in the a&& should get me going. Not sure I'll get there in 17 days, but it will be fun trying. I bought the coolest bike and I am able to ride with my bum foot.

So thanks everyone here for all of the support. Reading your posts keeps me going. Hang in there Fat Chicks!!!!!!
  • Wow, thatīs so so so great!
    Congratulations!
  • yay! Congratulations! 70 lbs is a huge deal!
  • Woo hoo!!!
  • Good for you! It's great to know you can "manage" what you've lost.

It's great you're planning to lose some more.
  • Congrats!!
  • Congratulations! Keep it up!
  • Congratulations!!!!! That's a huge milestone!!!
  • Congratulations, both on the amazing amount AND on surviving the slump (which you describe like it was mine!!!!!)
  • I would say that being able to stop yourself from gaining the weight back and actually getting back on your food plan and actually losing is a sea-change in your prior thinking. Now when the going gets rough you have that experience to fall back on instead of having a history of failure. In my mind being able to stop that downhill slide into **** is a major, major accomplishment. Yeh!
  • Congratulations! I am "knocking on" the 70 pound door myself. Feels good, doesn't it?
  • Way to go, that is so awesome!!!
  • Congratulations on the huge loss and on handling your slump well. You are doing great!
  • Woooo Hoooo for you!!! That is a huge accomplishment. We are proud of you. Keep going!!!!