How long does it take to lose 20 LBS?

• How long does it take to lose 20 LBS? I put back on 20 LBS and now I'm going on vacation for 2 weeks. I can control some of the food. But part of it, will be I will have to choose from food served for four days in a group setting. I just plan on maintining. But after vacation get back on calorie counting plan.
  • It depends on how fast you put on the 20lbs. If you were eating a lower carb program and spent a couple of weeks eating a higher carb diet then there's some water weight in there for sure. If you put the 20 pounds on slowly over a longer period of time it will probably take longer to take off. The last time I put on 25 pounds (over four or five weeks) it took probably 3 months for it to come off, although the first 10 pounds came off in two weeks.. The good news is that you can take it off, just start back as soon as you can.
  • Just a word of encouragement. On our week vacation there were plenty of chances to get in more exercise. I took the stairs alot because the elevator was slow, we did alot of walking because parking was limited and more walking while shopping, and any chance I got to get in alittle more movement I took it.
    Eat more of the veggies/salad offered and skip the bread , go for the smallest piece of meat and eat half the smallest piece of dessert if you can't resist it. I was very proud to only have a 3 pound gain for our vacation , and I lost it the next week home.
    Enjoy your trip but be mindful of what goes in your mouth. Have fun!
  • At the rate I am losing now it takes just over two months.
  • At the beginning, a month, now, two and a half months.
  • I'm 1 pound away from hitting 20, it has taken me 7 weeks.

Enjoy your vaca, just try to make wise choices, that's what this is all about anyway... making wise choices for a lifetime right?
  • I have lost about 20 pounds since my restart and it's taken 3 months, but I have trouble staying on plan and certainly had many off days along the way.
  • It takes me about 4 months to lose 20 pounds, give or take a little.
  • Quote: I have lost about 20 pounds since my restart and it's taken 3 months, but I have trouble staying on plan and certainly had many off days along the way.
    Same here.