Changing a few things

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • This post, yet again, is mainly for my own benefit.

I have overcome my scale obsession, seeing as how for 2 months, I have weighed maybe a total of 4 times so I am bringing the scale back into my life.

The same program I use to track my measurements, I can also use to track weight by daily, weekly, monthly, etc. Just so I can see my progress in numbers, I am going to weigh once daily and record it. I promise myself I won't get mad or crazy (more so than usual) if the numbers are not what I expect or want. I really just want to see the progress charted.

And I am lowering my calories from 1500 to 1400. I don't feel this will be too low for me or hinder any weight loss but if I notice it does or is, I will definitely change it.

This plan is not concrete and tweaking will be done as necessary.

Okay, that's it. Go me!

• I hope it works for you. I'm always looking for new ways to get added benefit/motivation.
  • Thank you so much
  • I think that's a wise choice! Well **** because YOU made it I KNOW it's a wise choice Go go go my friend!
  • Yeah that scale gets to be a real monster if you let it, but you sound like you aren't letting it control you anymore Onederchick. I plugged my weight and measurements into the daily plate thing so I will be able to see my progress, I guess numbers just work better for me. Its almost too bad you didn't have that kind of program when you started, because you would be seeing a truly awesome graph at this point with the weight you have lost, like a ski hill!

Good luck with the new plan!
  • Thank you, cfmama, for always being so supportive
  • Quote: Yeah that scale gets to be a real monster if you let it, but you sound like you aren't letting it control you anymore Onederchick. I plugged my weight and measurements into the daily plate thing so I will be able to see my progress, I guess numbers just work better for me. Its almost too bad you didn't have that kind of program when you started, because you would be seeing a truly awesome graph at this point with the weight you have lost, like a ski hill!

Good luck with the new plan!
    Thank you!!

yeah, I didn't really start tracking anything until I had already lost 80 pounds or so and then joined here and learned so many things to help me in my journey
  • I wanted to add, earlier when I did decide to weigh, it showed 191.2, yay
  • That's so awesome! You should be so proud of yourself!
  • Thank you!!
  • I know for we're all different, but it would just me insane to not weigh myself daily while I was losing. I'm working hard - I want to know what's going on with my body. It's MY body and for me, weighing myself daily is a way of staying in tune with my body. It's a daily reminder that what I put into my mouth has consequences. The year I was losing, I used it as a guide and a gauge to monitor my progress as well. I wanted to make sure that that hard work hadn't "stopped" working. If I needed to make any adjustments or not. It's a tool that is available to us, so I say, why not use it??? Now, it's still part of a way to keep my health monitored. PArt of my self-care routine and one of the many things that I do to maintain my well being.

Glad to know that you're up for making some changes and will continue to do so as need be.

Change is good. I'm excited for you!!
  • You can so do this!
  • RR - As usual, your posts always have so much compassion and meaning, not only for me but for so many others here, thank you.

FreeSpirit - Thanks for the vote of confidence
  • That obsession with the scale weighing is hard to break. Good luck with your new changes.
  • Thank you