3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   New here (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/18096-new-here.html)

TexasLizzy 07-14-2002 06:49 PM

New here

Hello everyone,
I am new here, and don't really know what the procedures are. I have 200 pounds to lose and could do with all the support I can get. Someone write back and let me know what us first-timers should be doing to get all the "good" we can from the site.
Thanks y'all,
Lizzy

KnCmamma 07-14-2002 07:06 PM

Welcome to the board Lizzy(I have a sister named Lizzy too)....

I am Jen(29), and I am a SAHM of 2 children, a daughter Katy(5) and a son Christian(2). I myself am about 120lbs overweight.

I think the best thing to do is to check out this board at least once a day(if you can) and read others posts and replies as you may get ideas from them. Also I feel that talking with others who are in the same position as yourself is a great way to feel better about yourself and feel like someone actually cares. Also weigh-ins. If you can, you should try to post on the weigh-ins once a week(pick a day and time of that day and weigh-in then and then come post here under the weigh-in thread). Be true to thyself when posting the weigh-ins too.

Lyric 07-14-2002 07:16 PM

Hi Lizzy --
I am new here, too.
My name is Crystal. I am 41 years old, single, no children and live in West Tennessee. I have worked for a large home health agency for 13 years.

I, too, have about 200 lbs. to lose and am trying desperately to do so. I am looking for all the support I can get. I know I must do this, because my RA (rheumatoid arthritis) is getting really painful --

I will support you if you will support me --

Good luck to you, and hope to see many posts from you here.

Crystal

:wave:

Charbar 07-14-2002 07:17 PM

Hi Lizzy! :wave:

Welcome to the best support you could want! AND IT'S FREE :D
All you have to do is post often and read even more!
Everything Jen said is right on! - this is a great group of people. Some times I feel that this is the only place I can truly be honest with my weight issues.. (and other issues too :) )

All the best on your journey..
(let us know when you need a kick in the butt too - we do that too! :lol: )

Dana

PNG 2 07-14-2002 07:35 PM

Hi Lizzy :) Just keep checking back with us, and look for threads you feel comfy posting to, I myself have about 150 or so pounds to go... and being here is definately a help, but those of us who have noticed lapses, have noticed they come when we don't post, so keep posting :D

nasus40 07-14-2002 10:02 PM

Hi Lizzy i started with about 100 to lose and still range about 30 - 50 to go. it has taken me about 2 years so fat this month it will be 2 years so be prepared ffor a long haul. but it is well worth it it is nothealthy to lose it fast. let your body adjust and you will do better. do not look at teh total weight but look at small goals in mind and stop by often and do not hesitate to donate our grief and problems here we all do and it sure helps with the mind.

lorelei1 07-15-2002 09:18 AM

Welcome!!

I should pretty much say "ditto"!!
I am divorced (as of next month anyway) mother of one son Logan, age 7 and I live in Virginia. I needed to lose 153 to get to a high ideal weight of 160 for my 5'8 frame. (I started at 313). I have to agree the more you come here the better you do. Even if you go off track-just report it, get some support and try again! I have lost, maintained, lost some more, maintained for a year and a half now. I have lost 53 pounds so now I "only" have 100 to lose. I do feel so much better now even though I still have a long way to go. You can do it, just stick with it and with us!

laura :dizzy:
313/260/160
starting/current/goal

Jenniffer 07-15-2002 09:28 AM

Welcome aboard, make yourself right at home. Read the threads here as much as possible, and post your heart away. It will inspire you and before you know it, you'll be melting away!!

2ofMe 07-15-2002 03:24 PM

Welcome Lizzy!!

Everything Jen and the others said is right. There's is just one more thing. When I'm feeling like I'm the ONLY one with this (weight) problem or some other problem, I come here and find that I'm not alone. You don't have to feel that it is your own struggle. You can read and post and find that it is a shared struggle.

annie

velvet 07-15-2002 03:38 PM

I, too, want to welcome you. Everyone is right come here often and unload to us. I'm getting better at the unloading part. I'm not always very forthcoming with the problems, but I'm trying! See, we all have problems!!

I'm 54, single, and that's all I can say!! I've been battling this bulge still after ALLLLL these years! I started on Jan. 1 at 348 and am now around 290. I have been off the wagon for a few days, so I'm not going near the scales for a few more days!! I know...DENIAL!

Ah, well, I'm back now, so let's do this thing together...what do you say?

I'd also suggest that you formulate a plan of eating, drinking (water...hehe), exercise, etc. It REALLY helps. Look through our weight-loss plans thread...I think most of us have posted our plans.

Good luck. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Love, Gayle (the Granny of this club...even if I don't feel it...see? I've got this denial thing down pretty well, huh?)

snowball1 07-15-2002 03:50 PM

Hi, Lizzy! I'm Kayla, & also new here. I plan on just sticking my nose in here as often as I can for support & just a personal reminder of the goals & dreams I have for myself. All of the ladies here seem just wonderful & supportive.

I look forward to getting to know you better! :)