3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Yes, World. It is possible to lose weight without surgery or diet pills. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/180740-yes-world-possible-lose-weight-without-surgery-diet-pills.html)

time2lose 09-01-2009 02:30 PM

Yes, World. It is possible to lose weight without surgery or diet pills.

I had a check-up with my gynecologist today. It was much more pleasant than last year's. Losing weight makes everything easier. Got lots of congrats and "keep up the good work" on losing 65 pounds. My bp was 112/64, almost too good to be true.

Of course I weighed more on their scale. It was late morning, had eaten breakfast, and was fully clothed. I did not even take my shoes off. I am going by my scale at home but when comparing my weight in the office last year and this year, my total amount of loss was the same.

The surprising part, (and I don't know why) when the nurse took my information, she asked, "Did I have gastric bypass or lap band?" I said, "Neither, I used old fashion calorie counting and exercise." She didn't look up from her notes and asked, "Which diet pills are you on?" My answer, "None, old fashion calorie counting and exercise." She looked up, clearly surprised and asked, "You mean you have lost 65 pounds without surgery or diet pills?"

"Yes, old fashion calorie counting and exercise."

I loved the puzzled look on her face. I can't wait to see her again next year.

Yes, World. It is possible to lose weight without surgery or diet pills.

beerab 09-01-2009 02:37 PM

Congratulations to you- but PFT on her for assuming you can ONLY lose weight with diet pills or surgery! The people here are living proof of that!

Elladorine 09-01-2009 02:44 PM

That's so awesome!!! :hug:

It's amazing how people, even those in the health profession, automatically assume the only way to lose a significant amount of weight is through surgery or diet pills. :o No wonder so many people who need help losing weight turn to those measures.

JayEll 09-01-2009 02:47 PM

That rocks the house! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: Isn't it great?

Jay

Onederchic 09-01-2009 02:48 PM

Wooo!! :cheer3::woohoo:

diyana 09-01-2009 02:49 PM

Congratulations, Cheryl! You go, girl!

iDream 09-01-2009 02:51 PM

That's awesome!!! :carrot: I wonder what she's going to say next year? ;)

bargoo 09-01-2009 02:54 PM

Congratulations ! I think that nurse needs some education on weight loss.

run2bstrong 09-01-2009 02:54 PM

Big hugs coming your way!!!

ubergirl 09-01-2009 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirenity (Post 2905279)
That's so awesome!!! :hug:

It's amazing how people, even those in the health profession, automatically assume the only way to lose a significant amount of weight is through surgery or diet pills. :o No wonder so many people who need help losing weight turn to those measures.

This is so true! I was ONE DAY away from having lap-band a year ago when some insurance issues got in the way and postponed it.

Now I'm way below the weight that I was when I was supposed to get the surgery.

Both my GP and my surgeon told me that it was "basically impossible" for someone my size to lose weight.

To them, I say HA!

cfmama 09-01-2009 03:07 PM

Yah... I get that ALL THE FREAKING TIME. And they don't ever believe you either!!!

HotWings 09-01-2009 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ubergirl (Post 2905302)
This is so true! I was ONE DAY away from having lap-band a year ago when some insurance issues got in the way and postponed it.

Both my GP and my surgeon told me that it was "basically impossible" for someone my size to lose weight.

To them, I say HA!

OMG it is so hard to believe a DOCTOR would think it's that way for someone with a significant amount of weight to lose. You gotta be kidding me??!?! Before weight loss surgery was around... how the blankety-blank did they advise anyone on how to lose weight? This is shocking to me - doctors & surgeons being so ill-informed about such a simple thing. It's not an easy thing to do, but dang the concept is simple. Geez. :dizzy: Do you think they are that ignorant.. or maybe making money is on their priority list? I would hate to think making money would come before honest advice... especially for the medical profession. :(

Rosinante 09-01-2009 03:38 PM

T2L - yeeha!

Onederchic 09-01-2009 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ubergirl (Post 2905302)

To them, I say HA!

HA indeed. If that's true, there are quite a few miracles on this site.

WormwoodDoll 09-01-2009 03:59 PM

Way to go!!

People always ask me how I do it like I am doing something unexplained. I count my calories, I watch my portions, and I exercise. I don't tell myself no. It's simple. It's easy.

Keep on dropping those pounds!