I put the scale away!

• And boy does it feel good. I decided I am not worrying about that thing anymore. I am eating right, walking, who needs the scale. I will just pull it out once a month to see where I am at weight wise, but I am going to have to quit stressing over that thing. I can notice in so many ways how my body is changing, so I can't worry that the darn thing isn't doing what I want it to do. Right now I am between a 14 and 16 jeans and I feel really good about that. I was waiting for the 16s to get big on me, and now I don't even have to unbutton or unzip them to get them on and off...14s are still a little tight...so will wear the 16s until the 14s are comfy.
    Shirts are now a large instead of extra large and I can wear some mediums. I used to wear 2x and 3x and even had a couple of 4x shirts at one time. I was wearing a size 22 jeans. So even if the scale isn't moving fast enough for me, I have a lot of other things going on. My rings will need to be resized soon, and my watch is on the tightest it will go and still slides around.
    I was trying to get to a certain weight, but I really can't "MAKE" that happen until my body is ready to drop it. Besides, it is not about "weight loss" but about "FAT LOSS". I am getting healthier and healthier every day. I can definitely see the results of doing what I need to do for my body. My blood pressure has been really good lately, so hopefully soon, the doc can get me off bp meds. Also, I am awaiting the day when she pulls more blood work so I can see a reduction in the bad cholesterol and trigliceride #s. That is what matters the most.
    So...the stressor went bye bye for a while. It is a new month and it's getting so nice out. Cool to walk in the mornings and evenings, it's just wonderful.
    Anyway...Happy September and Happy Living!
  • Good for you!!
  • What a good piece of advice! I think that everyone, especially obsessive beginners (like myself) need to understand that weighing in every other day will only frustrate us. Good for you!
  • Good for you!
  • I love your attitude!
  • Sounds like you're making great progress!

I'm another one who does much better if I leave the scale alone. I put it away for awhile, then end up dragging it out again and weighing every day.

That's not helpful to me, so I don't know why I continue to do it.
  • I put mine away yesterday and ALMOST had a weak moment and took it out this morning... but I didn't and it feels good! I know I'll go back to daily weighing when my weight starts dropping again but for now... this works.

So I'm with ya sister!