3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   How come (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/180692-how-come.html)

SmallSteps 09-01-2009 12:49 AM

How come

your scale and the scale at the doctors office never have the same weight? No where near the same weight! My scale says 266 and the doctors office scale today said 274! Geeeez!!

cfmama 09-01-2009 12:59 AM

It depends on how often they calibrate their scale... how good of a scale yours is and what surface you weight on etc. etc. etc.

It's a pain. I know. My doctor's scale weighs me almost exactly the same. BUT that's usually mid afternoon and I should be up about 4 lbs by then. So... meh. I just go by mine ;)

SmallSteps 09-01-2009 01:16 AM

I have a weight watchers digital scale so I believe it to be accurate! It better be for what I paid for it! LOL! My doctor still has one of those old scales you get on and slide the big metal pieces across!

I plan to go by mine also but it still urks me!

Iconised Ghost 09-01-2009 03:30 AM

my doctors scale is also on carpet >.<

losermom 09-01-2009 07:12 AM

SmallSteps, my doctor's scale does exactly the same thing! I try not to focus on that number and work with my own scale at home. That's the one I have the love-hate relationship with.

Meg 09-01-2009 07:18 AM

I weigh myself at home first thing in the morning, naked, to get the lowest possible weight. :lol: When I'm at the doctor's office, I'm wearing clothes and have generally eaten food and drunk water, so that scale will always be higher. The difference is probably just weight of clothes + food and water. And every scale is different, of course! Pick one and let it be your official scale. :)

rockinrobin 09-01-2009 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmallSteps (Post 2904416)

I plan to go by mine also but it still urks me!

Don't let it. You're just looking for a trend. Stick with your scale number. Don't get annoyed at inanimate objects ;). Not worth it.

Your body is no smaller or larger when you step from one scale to the next. No difference whatsoever. You are what you are. The scale at home is the one you will be using majority of the time, that's the one to go with.

Ruthxxx 09-01-2009 07:22 AM

My doc's scale is "wrong" all the time. He lets me tell him my morning weight and goes with that! I know it's just a number but still.....

hpnodat 09-01-2009 07:22 AM

I always get on the scale at the doctor backward. So I don't see the numbers and I tell them not to tell me what it is either. They always get a kick out of it but it makes sense to them why I do it.

Onederchic 09-01-2009 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meg (Post 2904579)
I weigh myself at home first thing in the morning, naked, to get the lowest possible weight. :lol: When I'm at the doctor's office, I'm wearing clothes and have generally eaten food and drunk water, so that scale will always be higher. The difference is probably just weight of clothes + food and water. And every scale is different, of course! Pick one and let it be your official scale. :)

I agree with Meg :)