3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   100 lb Accountability 31 August - 6 September (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/180599-100-lb-accountability-31-august-6-september.html)

nicolen 08-31-2009 03:23 AM

100 lb Accountability 31 August - 6 September

Do you need accountability? A place to post your menu or your plan for the day? Please post here. Everyone is welcome.

nicolen 08-31-2009 03:29 AM

Hi lovelies!

And once again I vanish over the weekend. Some things don't change, no matter how hard I try...

Anyway, it's been a fairly good few days for me. I had a good spin class on Saturday and a good cardio session on Friday. I didn't get to the gym today - it was bucketing down and I got to the end of the drive and decided that it was stupid to go any further. The drowned gym rat look is so passe! ;)

My new uniform arrived - or at least 2 tops did. I tried them on in the ladies and thought they were a little bit tight over my tummy, but the other girls in the ladies loos thought they looked good. They definitely show I've lost weight though. I chickened out of wearing one today, but I'm wearing one tomorrow - I've already packed my gym bag to make sure.

My hours are going to be a little bit odd this week - I have to work normal 8:30 - 5 instead of my usual 7:30 - 4pm because I'm helping to train some newbies. Should be fun - I just hope they get something out of it because I don't think I'm a very good trainer... We'll see,

Anyway, that's me. Hi to everyone, and I'll talk to you tomorrow!

mj5 08-31-2009 08:37 AM

Good Morning! Thanks for starting us off nicolen!

nicolen--Congrats on the new uniform tops, I bet they look great! I'm sure you will do a fantastic job training this week.

Yesterday was day 5 OP for me! At one point dh was munching on some chips and they didn't even look good to me! Later when I was hungry for a snack, I had some watermelon.

I have my gym bag packed and waiting in the car for me! Tonight is legs/back and cardio.

Have a great OP day everyone!!!!!!

traci in training 08-31-2009 09:29 AM

So I ate more this weekend than I should have. Oldest daughter home from college so I made a big brunch yesterday and ate about 900 calories in one meal. Oh, well, today is a new day and I'm back on plan.

B - 2 pieces of whole grain toast with peanut butter
L - big salad
D - veggies and something - just don't know what yet.
S - 100 cal fudge bar
E - 3 mile walk

Have a great day, everyone!

mj5 08-31-2009 10:26 AM

Hi again...I almost forgot....I am down 2lbs! YIPPEE!!! SO nice to FINALLY see a loss! Not at ticker weight, yet, so no change there...I should probably fix it again...we'll see...

lottie63 08-31-2009 12:45 PM

hello ladies,

nicolen I am so sick of all the rain! The last two days here have bee sunny but cool, fall is on it's way!

mj, congrats!

So I have been walking with my spark buddy and it's so fun! I love it, so nice to have someone to talk to and she never wimps out, even when she is feeling down or crappy. Which is a great motivator for me.

tomorrow we're going out to eat for my bf's moms bday dinner. I can't wait, I'm really lucky to not have evil in-laws! ;) I'm not sure where we're goign to eat yet but I"m hoping fridays. they have a great strawberry salad (Dressing on the side) and everyoen will probably be getting dessert since it IS a bday celebration, so I figure I can ask for a 'kids portion' of ice cream ( 3 scoops of ice cream and some frsh strawberries is all I get on it) and split it with the bf since he's watching too.

I'm sure that can be done at most restaurants anyhow.

oh well, can't wait! :)

Also, my exercise is SO on point! :)

today: 1581

b: 2 egg whites, 1 slice cheese, 1 serv weight control oatmeal
s: homemade veggie soup
l: cheese pita pizza
s: wheat thins and 1 oz extra sharp cheddar
d: wheat pasta, zucchini, garlic, olive oil

mj5 08-31-2009 03:46 PM

lottie--Great job! Have fun at dinner tomorrow! Yes, you are lucky, my ils, are well....let's just say we live 2 hours away for a reason! Your dinner sounds yummy...I make that too....love, love, love that combination!

We are also going out to dinner tomorrow night, although I am not thrilled about it. I am finally just starting to find my 'groove'. I know eating healthy out can be done, but the place our friends chose is this icky diner-type place. Don't get me wrong, some diners are great.....this one, not so much. It's one of dh's friend's bday and he picked the place, so suggesting somewhere else isn't an option. I really don't want to go. I really don't care for these friends of dh's. Dh doesn't really want to go either, but feels obligated. Yippee...gonna be a great time. I am still going to the gym tomorrow--sorry, not giving that up.

Ok, sorry, didn't mean to get off track on a random rant.

I am getting ready to head to the gym. Dh has to work late, so I'm thinking turkey sandwiches from the turkey breast he roasted yesterday for dinner! Works for me!

nicolen 09-01-2009 03:52 AM

Hmm, talk about a wake up call. Yummy and really evil trainer and I were talking about how my weight loss has stalled for the last few weeks and he's suggested I write down what I eat. So I started when I got to work and it's not good. I buy a trim latte every morning when I get to work and somewhere along the way I've got into the habit of buying a muffin. Not any more - I am writing everything down, and if I don't post menus, then all of you, please throw things at me to make sure I'm accountable. I mean it! And yeah I've said that before.

The reality is, I'm not going to get below 200 by the end of the year. There's 29 pounds to go and I just don't see me losing that much in 4 months. But I'm not using that as an excuse to stop - it's a reason to refocus myself. Converting my weight over to KGs, I'm currently at 104. My new goal is to lose 8 kgs by the end of the year - or a pound a week. I want to be below 100 by my birthday in November. I believe that's achievable and I know I can do that. If I lose more, then that's just a bonus.

Anyway, we did actually have a workout today. Including walking down the stairs while doing bicep curls and up the stairs while pushing the weights from my shoulders to over my head. Yep - really evil trainer. He said that it was awesome, I told him that I thought his definition of awesome and mine were slightly different. He didn't disagree...

I seem to have got a bit wordy there - sorry everyone!

MJ, go you with staying on plan and being down 2 lbs - that's awesome!

Traci, you're right - tomorrow is a new day. Which is a good thing!

Lottie, I hope you enjoy your meal out!

So the menu was:

B - english muffin with vegemite

S - 10 almonds

S - muesli bar and cheese and crackers

L - sushi, kiwifruit, small handful grapes

S - mandarin

D - chicken stirfry - chicken marinated in hoisin, sweet chili, Chinese 5 spice and a few drops of sesame oil, brown rice, broccoli, mushrooms, beansprouts, frozen veg. There'll be enough leftovers for tomorrow's lunch as well.

Have fun everyone!

dgramie 09-01-2009 07:41 AM

I want in...I have slipped bad and gained back about 10lbs. I dont want to gain any back and want the rest off.
New month fresh start...
breakfast- smoothie (yogurt, 1/2 banana, blueberries)
snack - string cheese
lunch-blt salad,
dinner- baked porkchop and veggies
exercise at least 35 min

Beverlyjoy 09-01-2009 08:37 AM

Hi chicks!!! Hope you are all having a healthy OP day. I'll be back to put down more later. I am running off.

mj5 09-01-2009 08:42 AM

Good Morning! Once I finally went outside yesterday it was just too gorgeous to go to the gym....I went home and took the dogs for a nice long walk. We had a blast! Today I will be at the gym, though.

nicolen--Good for you for getting on track w/ food. I know you can do it! Wow, that workout sounds tough!!!!

dgramie--welcome! Your menu looks really yummy!

Beverlyjoy, Rhonda, Diane, Schmoodle and everyone else who stop by--pop in and let us know how you are doing!

Well...I forgot what day it was, kinda....we are actually going out to dinner NEXT Tues, not tonight.

My knee hurts SO much again today. I will be super glad to get this surgery over with. Only 10 more days!

Have a great OP day everyone!

Beverlyjoy 09-01-2009 10:07 AM

Hi...here's my food plans:

breakfast - cinn. raisin 1/2 english muffin with natural pnb, strawberries

lunch - wrap with refried bean and Lite cheese, fresh mushrooms

snack - peach

dinner - brown rice with turkey and egg whites - faux fried rice, tomatoes from the garden

snack - lite bread with turkey, a few grapes

I've been struggling - but, not giving up!

Beverlyjoy 09-02-2009 07:48 AM

Hi chicks -

Here's my plan for today:

breakfast - peach, turkey sausage, pnb spoon

lunch - turkey and lite cheese, open face, tomatoes

snack - strawberries

dinner - HC pizza, big salad

snack - fruit

Have a GREAT day.

mj5 09-02-2009 09:30 AM

Good Morning! How is everyone doing today? It's been kinda quiet....hope that means everyone is working hard!!!

I am really looking forward to the long weekend this weekend....no big plans, just sick of being at work! LOL!!!!

Plan for tonight at the gym is legs/back and cardio--I'm thinking bike. We are having leftovers for dinner, so at least that's easy!

Have a great OP day!

lottie63 09-02-2009 12:03 PM

heya ladies, I wasn't around yesterday, had a busy day starting early and didn't end until late, didn't know what I was going to eat until it came time to eat but I stayed On Plan.

today: 1604

b: 2 whole eggs, arnolds wheat sandwich thin, 3 oz baked fries
s: 2 serv hummus w/ 1 baked pita
s: 1 serv triscuits w/ 1 oz extra sharp cheddar
d: bbq tofu sandwiches on arnolds wheat sandwich thins w/ 3 oz baked fries

going skating today! Can't wait!

mj5 09-02-2009 12:55 PM

lottie--good for you for staying OP yesterday! I am loving the arnolds sandwich thins!!! My dh too. Great for tomato sandwiches!!!!

Ok, so I had a stinky realization today......I had to renew my drivers license. Not a big deal...except for the fee YIKES!!! BUT, my 'grand plan' was to be at my goal weight by the time I had to renew so I could have my picture taken and really "see" the difference. My old picture is 10 years old, and I have lost a lot of weight since then, so I am sure I will really see a difference, but I am far away from my goal. It is OK, I will keep plugging away.....

SunshineCA 09-03-2009 01:32 AM

Posting my accountability is a must during this time of year. The kids go back to school and I'm out in the field more often. Pre-planning is a must for me as well. Last year around this time I felt I was too busy to post consistently. This led to the yo-yo game once again. This year I will NOT allow that to happen.

jab91864 09-03-2009 07:11 AM

I have left my husband of 23 yrs this week. It's been a long time coming but it doesn't make it any easier. And it wasn't planned, just a stupid argument that triggered the last straw...

I miss my son a lot (he is almost 17) and am feeling like the world's worst mom right now. Life is spinning wildly at the moment and of course I can forget planning my food...lol.

:cry:

somebody send me a good vibe to get thru today please an thank you !!!

yesterdays food
granola bar
peach
slice of whole gr bread
slice of cheese
some water

GirlyGirlSebas 09-03-2009 07:16 AM

Jab - I'm so sorry. :hug: Just keep putting one foot in front of the other.

Slashnl 09-03-2009 10:19 AM

Jab, I'm sorry to hear that you're going through this. I hope that each day gets a little easier. Hang in there!

lottie63 09-03-2009 11:28 AM

mj5, you'll be there next time! :)

sunshineca, *positive vibes*

jab, sorry to hear, hope things end up for the best.

yesterday I didn't get to skate, I got what seems to be a pinched nerve in my neck, so we went swimming. more like soaking for me, but it was fun either way. :)

bf has been on vaca all week. he goes back tomorrow so I can get back to exercising the boredom away! (I have been staying on track with above min exercise though) but still....I could do better.

today: 1602

b: 2 whole eggs, 2 slices whole wheat toast
s: pita w/ 2 oz hummus
l: 12 brown rice vegetable rolls
s: homemade veggie soup
d: seitan wings, baked fries

mj5 09-03-2009 12:05 PM

Jab--I am so sorry. You are strong. I know you will get through this.

mj5 09-03-2009 12:14 PM

Hi everyone! I just realized that I hadn't stopped long enough to pop in here, yet today!

sunshine--you know what you have to do and we'll be here to support you!

jab--sending you LOTS of good vibes to get through today and the coming days!

lottie--Hope your neck is better.

I had a great workout at the gym last night. My knee is killing me, but other than that, I feel great! LOL!

Anyone have any exciting Labor Day plans? Dh and I are going to a baseball (minor league) game tomorrow night and a cookout and there are fireworks after the game, so that should be fun. Other than that, nothing terribly exciting. I need to do some cleaning--always a good time...NOT.

Have a great op day everyone!

traci in training 09-03-2009 02:45 PM

Jab - I'm so sorry. I've been married 22 years and have a daughter who will be 17 next week, so I feel like I can relate. I hope things work out well for you. Know that we're here if you need to vent.

Had to fast 12 hours for the employment physical this morning. Horrible headache due to lack of coffee. Came home starved, of course. Put some burgers on the grill and made some (small, low-fat) chocolate shakes for lunch. I feel so much better! Not exactly "on plan" food, but with no calories this morning, I'm still way ahead. Or behind. Or however you say it!

Tonight is just DH and I for supper, so something simple. Maybe some shrimp on the grill. Getting ready for camping this weekend at the music festival, so I have to plan my food for the next 3 1/2 days. I bought a big funnel that coffee filters fit in so I can boil water on the camp stove and pour it through the funnel into my thermos to make coffee. Cheap and effective. :-) DH saysit's a true sign of what a coffee addict I am. Guilty as charged! We're taking the bikes, so exercise should be good all weekend. Yippee!

JennLin 09-03-2009 02:57 PM

Hello everyone! I am Jennifer... I am looking for some support. I need to lose roughly 100lbs... but I cannot officially start because I am pregnant with baby #2 (my son is 15months.. and we are expecting a baby boy around December 6th via csection). I had lost weight before... 70lbs... 6 years ago. I kept it off for 4 years, until I was pregnant with my 15month old... I got very sick, was on bed rest, medications.. and had him 5 weeks early due to complications. I was 90lbs heavier than my lowest weight... but about 70lbs heavier than my start weight with that pregnancy. This time around I have only gained 10lbs.. and that was after losing 10lbs in a month (then found out we were expecting again.. go figure! lol). I am determined once this baby is born that I need to loose the weight. The reason I didnt lose it before.. or really try.. was because the gain was a huge shock for me. Most of it was gained the last 3 months of my pregnancy according to my husband (I never looked at the scale while I was pregnant... even asked the drs office to say nothing)... and when a nurse let it slip at a post baby appointment how much I weighed... I cried. I was devisatated and it took a long time to get over the shock and depression of it andfeel ready to do something about it. This time I am being as proactive as possible rather than waiting til I am completely depressed about the whole thing. So I need as much support as possible! :) Lots of "You can do it!"s are needed because... 100lbs.... just feels like so much! And I know some of it is I want to be thinner than I was... weigh less than my husband... so really I would be happy with a 70lb loss... but I would ideally love to lose all 100lbs.

SunshineCA 09-03-2009 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jab91864 (Post 2907857)
I have left my husband of 23 yrs this week. It's been a long time coming but it doesn't make it any easier. And it wasn't planned, just a stupid argument that triggered the last straw...

I miss my son a lot (he is almost 17) and am feeling like the world's worst mom right now. Life is spinning wildly at the moment and of course I can forget planning my food...lol.

yesterdays food
granola bar
peach
slice of whole gr bread
slice of cheese
some water

Sorry you're going through this! :hug: Sending :goodvibes your way!

Quote:

posted by lottie63
sunshineca, *positive vibes*
Thank you! I feel I can survive this time around but I know the positive vibes from here will help me a great deal. :)

Quote:

posted by mj5
sunshine--you know what you have to do and we'll be here to support you!
You're absolutely right! That's why I'm menu planning and grocery shopping this weekend. Thanks so much for your and everyone's support! :) What would I do without you guys? :hug:

Hi Jenn! Welcome and congrats on the soon-to-be born bambino. We'll be here when you're ready to start your weight loss journey! ;)

mj5 09-04-2009 09:11 AM

Good Morning!

Jenn--Welcome!!!

Just a quickie post from me right now...I have a million things I would like to try to get done...we'll see how that goes LOL!!!

Have a great OP day everyone!

JennLin 09-04-2009 09:16 AM

thanks for welcoming me you guys! :)

lottie63 09-04-2009 10:59 AM

jenn welcome!

so, my neck now feels better but then yesterday I got a pinched nerve in my back/hamstring area. I can't win! :(

today: 1404

b: 1 whole egg, 1 slice wheat toast, 1 serv oatmeal
s: triscuits w/ 2 oz extra sharp cheddar
s: egg whites w/ cheese
d: wheat pasta with zucchini, garlic, olive oil, mozzarella

mj5 09-05-2009 06:51 AM

Good Morning! Unfortunately, yesterday was so not on plan it's not even funny....it started w/ lunch and went down hill from there. It's ok, new day, fresh start!

I am going to do some serious cleaning around here this morning, so I'll be back later!

lottie63 09-05-2009 01:34 PM

well, that pinched nerve in my back prevented me from exercising yesterday but resting it prolly was for the best as I now feel tons better and will get back out there today!

also, I worked on my book yesterday. did the chapter 1 edits that I got back and also added 2 new chapters. the book is officially over 25% completed (rough draft, editing as I go though)

oh well, anyhow

today: 1505

b: 2 whole eggs, 2 slices whole wheat toast with cherry essence prunes
s: 1/2 cup cottage cheese and triscuits
l: tomato soup with cheese and croutons
s: 1 oz extra sharp cheddar
d: zucchini/sweet potato stir fry.

salsa chip 09-05-2009 01:57 PM

Will someone please kick me so that I'll go out for a run?

jab91864 09-05-2009 04:52 PM

**kicks salsa chip**.... sorry

Thank you for the good vibes earlier in the week ladies.

Yesterday's food

water
granola bar
triscuits
pizza ...... the kids were waiting for me when I got off work so we went to eat and talk.

My mind is shooting off in a hundred different directions right now and I'm just trying to keep functioning and stay busy.

Have a good OP day everyone !!

SunshineCA 09-05-2009 04:55 PM

Today I will plan my menu for next week. I will also do my shopping between today and Monday. Pre-cooking will save my life this week. :)

Have a great weekend everyone! :)

lottie63 09-05-2009 05:06 PM

salsa chip, get yer butt out there! I"m about to go for a 3 mile walk myself with my walking buddy, we can exercise together! now get on it! :D

Loozin2LivNLov 09-05-2009 05:18 PM

RE-Starting

;) Hello Everyone! I'm back and going wild to lose weight!! I am starting the HCG diet and will be checking in here as often as possible for accountability as I go (cuz I gotta long road to travel!).... Hope you are all well and drinking LOTS of Water! That reminds me - I better go drink some right now!

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicolen (Post 2902811)
Do you need accountability? A place to post your menu or your plan for the day? Please post here. Everyone is welcome.

lottie63 09-06-2009 11:10 AM

Well chickies, I'm gong to a labor day party/bbq. I'm vegetarian so I can't eat the bbq stuff and the grocery store wasn't open yet for me to pick up some veggie patties and the sushi place wasn't open for me to get any veggie sushi! AUGH!

but, I compromised! I had a veggie patty at subway for breakfast, and a luna bar. and for lunch I'll eat the 6 inch half of a footlong veggie delight, and for dinner...you guessed it, the other 6 inch half of the veggie delight! I also bought some soy crisps and light popcorn so I have something to s nack on while everyone else is chowing down on chips, etc.

woot. haha.

jab91864 09-06-2009 07:35 PM

Great job planning ahead Lottie !! Public events like potlucks and bbq's are the hardest to be good at for me anyway. Sunshine, it works better if you have a plan before going into the store... good for you !!!

I need to get back in my groove and back on track. Things being all out of whack got me to drop a couple pounds this week, but I don't consider it to be in a good way.

I have always been a big water drinker but the water here sux... rusty and tastes gross. I had really good well water that was cold and refreshing , guess I'm gonna have to buy bottle water for a while.

yesterdays food
water
spaghetti squash
gr sirloin w/ peppers
mushroom soup creamed

Loozin2LivNLov 09-08-2009 02:06 PM

Dear Jab,

:hug: sending you a hug from sunny AZ...hang in there....the worst is over - once the deciding part is done, you can move on and CREATE YOUR OWN LIFE. :dizzy: Think of all the possibilities! And don't worry too much about your 17 year old son - just keep talking to him (and listening - be patient if he is upset or angry. When the dust settles, he'll still love you.

Be good to yourself this week and do something with a friend, even if it's going for a drive or getting a cup of coffee (just stay away from the Grande Caramel Macchiatos at Starbucks!!

Be Well,
Valerie

Quote:

Originally Posted by jab91864 (Post 2907857)

yesterdays food
granola bar
peach
slice of whole gr bread
slice of cheese
some water