3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   So what's for dinner tonight? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/179851-so-whats-dinner-tonight.html)

cfmama 08-24-2009 09:25 PM

Those low fat turkey sausages sound awesome! I'll have to pick some up!

I had a busy busy day today (including throwing up daycare babies... blerk) so easy it was!

We were SUPPOSED to have my ground chicken/veggies pasta sauce, healthy harvest pasta and mixed veggies for dinner.

Instead we had scrambled eggs with Mrs. Dash table seasoning, whole wheat bread with Laughing cow wedges on top and a side order of fresh juicy BC peaches :) It was soooo good!

WildThings 08-24-2009 09:51 PM

Scrambled eggs and omelets are always my fall-back dinner. It's just easier some nights.

cfmama 08-24-2009 10:59 PM

what would we do without eggs! My kids LOVE them. I love how easy they are to make and they just taste darn good :)

rockinrobin 08-25-2009 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cfmama (Post 2892737)
what would we do without eggs! My kids LOVE them. I love how easy they are to make and they just taste darn good :)

I like sauteing a bunch of veggies and having them on hand for the week, to whip up omlettes quickly. Would you believe I eat them as a snack?

For a while I was on a sauteed zucchini, mushrooms and onions kick.

Currently, it's been sauteed onions and cabbage. I can't tell you how good this combo is. It's a real taste treat.

time2lose 08-25-2009 10:33 AM

I was on a sauteed onions and cabbage kick back in the spring but now my cabbage is tasting bitter. Any suggestion or have any ideas why this is happening?

WhitePicketFences 08-25-2009 10:49 AM

Grilled chicken , first marinated in curry paste/plain Greek yogurt/spices
with
a small side salad , spinach with Newman's Own Light Sundried Tomato dressing
and
6 ounces of white wine, a viognier from Trader Joe's

rockinrobin 08-25-2009 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by time2lose (Post 2893342)
I was on a sauteed onions and cabbage kick back in the spring but now my cabbage is tasting bitter. Any suggestion or have any ideas why this is happening?

I wish I had some insight for you, but I don't. I do know throughout the course of the year, the cabbages change, as is the case with lots of veggies. I can't remember the time of year, but there is period where they are very light for their size and you get very little out of them, the leaves are very sparse. Every now and then I'll get a rubber-y one. But I find when I saute them, as opposed to having them raw in a salad, I don't notice a difference.

My only suggestion therefore, would be to try them again!

Gela 08-26-2009 12:43 AM

Tonight we had seared ahi tuna, steamed asparagus and brown rice. It was good!

SunshineCA 08-26-2009 12:48 AM

Tonight we had Oven-Baked BBQ Chicken and a tossed salad. The kids added potato salad to theirs.

rockinrobin 08-26-2009 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gela (Post 2894675)
Tonight we had seared ahi tuna, steamed asparagus and brown rice. It was good!

Ooooh, I bet it was, cause it sure sounds good to me too!

GirlyGirlSebas 08-26-2009 07:36 AM

Last evening, we had chicken tacos. Yum Yum!

WhitePicketFences 08-26-2009 08:30 AM

Dinner tonight is a havarti dill grilled cheese sandwich with sliced tomato, on my homemade whole wheat bread which has pumpkin seeds and dried cherry bits in it. I know, sounds like a lot of flavors ... I made the bread on Monday before I had grilled cheese in mind. But I am going grocery shopping today or tomorrow!

WhitePicketFences 08-27-2009 12:19 PM

Is this thread going to die? I like it.

Tonight we're grilling out:
Grilled salmon marinated in lime-dill mix
with
steamed asparagus, a peach-tomato-jalepeno salsa
and
a glass of white wine

RealCdn 08-27-2009 12:27 PM

I can go back and simply copy my Tuesday meal. We're inundated with tomatoes (big and small), so once again we'll have:

Roasted grape tomatoes / onions / zucchini / cauliflower tossed with a little parmesan cheese served with a smoked turkey & chicken sausage (well, two of them),

Jae165 08-27-2009 01:38 PM

Last night was:
Asian turkey burger
Collard Greens
1/2 sweet pot with cinnamon and light br sugar.