Old 08-20-2009, 10:12 AM   #16  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Thanks for sharing! This is pretty close to what I'm doing... except I don't preplan my meals.. I just know my calorie allotment for each meal and stick to that (400 for b, 150 s, 400 l, 150 s, 600 d, 100 s). I do need to get my butt exercising... anyone want to babysit so I actually can?
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:38 PM   #17  
Pat is in KY

S/C/G: 283/283/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Mama give us more!

You gave us a week....can you give us another week....and then we are good to go.......me and my husband can just do that and be skinny minnies
goincrazyinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:55 PM   #18  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Thank you for sharing your plan. I love seeing what people eat and I'm thrilled that we eat very much the same way. Lots of whole and healthy food. Gives me hope that I too will see the kind of amazing sucess that you are having.
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:19 PM   #19  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Another week. I'll try!!!

I'll start with last saturday (keep in mind that now I calorie cycle with an average of 1600 per day)

Day 1 1400 calories
B- 1.5 cups shredded wheat and bran cereal, 1/2 cup skim milk, 1 cup strawberries
L- Portion of low fat chicken tika masala with rice and applesauce cup
S- pear and yogurt cup
D- 3 cups mixed veggie salad, 1 cup grilled chicken, 1/4 cup shredded mozza cheese, 2 T yogurt ranch dressing
S- 1/2 bag kettle korn microwave popcorn (180 calories)

Day 2 1800 calories
B- 1 slice orrowheat toast, 1 T pb, 1 T fresh honey, medium banana
L- large salad with a can of tuna, 1 oz mozza cheese, 2 T yogurt ranch dressing and two rice cakes
S- yogurt cup, applesauce cup, 1/2 small bag popcorn (50 calories)
D- 6 homemade pierogies, 1 cup broccoli, 1 T nutritional yeast, 2 T sour cream
S- medium banana, 1T peanut butter

Day 3 1500 calories
B- 1.5 cups shredded wheat and bran, 1/2 cup skim milk, medium banana
L- sandwich with 2 slices orrowheat bread, 1/2 can tuna, mustard, 1/4 cup red onion, 2 LCow wedges and an applesauce cup
S- yogurt cup and medium peach
D- 1 cup homemade ground chicken and cabbage pasta sauce, 1 cup healthy harvest egg noodles, 1 1/3 cup stir fry veggies
S- medium apple

Day 4 1400 calories
B- 1 slice orrowheat toast, 1 T Peanut butter, medium banana
L- 1/2 cup sushi rice, 90 calorie can tuna, 1 T nutrtional yearst, 1 cup broccoli
S- yogurt cup and applesauce cup
D- 1 cup healthy harvest egg noodles, 1 cup leftover pasta sauce, 1 1/3 cup stir fry veggies
S- medium apple, 1 T peanut butter

Day 5 1900 calories
B- 2 slice orrowheat toast, 2 T peanut butter, medium banana
L- 90 calorie can of tuna (flavoured) 8 whole wheat crackers, 2 Lcow wedges, medium banana
S- yogurt cup, medium apple
D- 20 pieces homemade sushi
S- forwent snack... so full!

Day 6 1400 calories
B- 1 slice orrowheat toast, 2 Lcow wedges, medium banana
L- 8 pieces homemade sushi, applesauce cup, 1 cup skim milk
S- large pear, yogurt cup
D- 6 ground chicken meat balls, 1 cup healthy harvest egg noodles, 1 cup cauliflower, 3 T sesame dressing
S- applesauce cup

Day 7 1800 calories
B- 2 slice orrowheat toast, 2 T peanut butter, applesauce cup
L- 1/2 can tuna, 1/2 cup brown rice, 1 cup cauliflower, 2 T yogurt caesar dressing, 1 cup whole wheat pretzels
S- pear and yogurt cup
D- Healthy Choice Balsamic Chicken steamer (I have one frozen meal every two weeks... on grocery shopping day so I don't have to cool!) and 1/2 cup corn
S- medium banana, 2 Lcow wedges

phew. There. Another week

I'd like to say though that this is MY eating plan. it works for ME. I cannot guarantee that it will work for YOU.
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 09:03 AM   #20  
"Love Me Some Me"

S/C/G: H:267 C: see ticker G:150ish

Height: 5'4

cfmamma, thank you for posting this BMR link. I have tried to use many links and calculators, but for some reasaon . . . this one works well for me.

I have been wondering that if I am eating 1500-1600 kcals per day and working out 5 days per week (now), what I am going to do when I am 145 pounds and trying to maintain. And from plugging numbers into the calculator, I WILL BE EXCERCISING to make sure I can consume enough calories. This is where I have been messing up all these years. Excercising is the key. Thanks for the easy calculator link and thanks for assisting with turning the light bulb on. BY THE WAY - - - - How manny chickies does it take to help a chickie turn on a dusty old light bulb? - - - -

Last edited by jenhai; 08-28-2009 at 09:36 AM.
jenhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 09:29 AM   #21  
No description available.

Cfmama, your eating plan looks so great! In fact, we eat a lot of the same things (yeah cabbage!!!). In fact, your plan looks a lot like the No Excuses thread in Maintainers. I really hope that lots and lots of people who are starting out on weight loss take a hard look at your plan and realize that success comes with planning, healthy calories (and ENOUGH of them!), and consistency!!! Your incredible success speaks for itself!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 04:45 PM   #22  
NEVER EVER going back

And that's just the thing. When I tried losing weight BEFORE this time I ALWAYS deprived and starved myself. Now yes I do deprive myself this time... but it's not deprivation because I STUFF MYSELF with good healthy whole foods. I'm not hungry, lethargic or suffering from massive cravings. I'm just eating good whole foods day in and day out. I wish more people could see that it CAN be like this. Not a punishment. Not something to fear. Just something you DO. You do because you have to. And you can still make food taste good and enjoy food and eating... just do it HEALTHFULLY.
Old 08-29-2009, 09:49 PM   #23  
Pat is in KY

YOU ARE A SAINT for giving us another week of your eating plan. That was a lot of work for you and I just appreciate this so much. I printed it out and showed my husband and we are going to try this! We are both facing very dangerous DS weight loss surgery, but my husband is getting so ill from diabetes, he has to do something. And I am 57 and weigh 280...who am I kidding? It won't be long before I will have a heart attack if I don't do something! Thank you so much!!!!
Old 08-29-2009, 10:02 PM   #24  
Pat is in KY

I have a question for you...on one of your suppers you had a whole wheat tortilla, hamburger, red onion and two cups of cabbage.....is this raw cabbage or cooked cabbage? I was reading the menus out to my husband and everything you like is what he likes! We couldn't figure out if it was raw or cooked cabbage. HAHA ... see, we know we are getting old when we sit around and read recipies on a Saturday night, ha ha ha.
Old 08-30-2009, 02:24 AM   #25  
NEVER EVER going back

It was cooked cabbage BUT you can use raw for that extra crunch.

You are very welcome for the meal plans. I don't make any claims that this will work for you... but it is nutritionally sound. Let me know how it goes!
Old 09-13-2009, 03:22 PM   #26  

S/C/G: S 299/C 247/G 140

CFMama,
Thanks for posting so much information, really appreciate it.
I was doing great losing weight for a while but now I have stopped even though I have increased my exercise to an hour four days a week and two hours (three times a wk). I even started running half of my walk.

I know you said you are swamped. But I was wondering, if you have the time, did you started rotating calories recently or is this something you always did? I have been eating 1600 cal. from the start. I am wondering about rotating calories myself.

Really appreciate all the help.

You are doing fantastic.

Candy
CandaceG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 03:55 PM   #27  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

MAMA~ FIRST OF ALL A BIG CONGRATULATIONS ON THE 145 LBS GONE!! WONDERFUL. YOU MUST FEEL SO GOOD INSIDE AND OUT

SECOND I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THIS IS THE MOST GENEROUS POST I HAVE READ ON ANY WEBSITE. 2 WEEKS OF MEALS!! USUALLY WHEN YOU WANT TO TRY SOMETHING YOU HAVE TO GO OUT AND BUY A $25 BOOK AND YOU'RE LUCKY IF YOU GET A WEEKS WORTH OF MENUS!!

STAY WELL AND CONTINUED SUCCESS ON YOUR JOURNEY!!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 04:03 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Thanks, cfmama. Well said. Good thoughts and ideas for sharing.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 01:59 AM   #29  
NEVER EVER going back

Thanks everyone! It's a journey right and we'll be on it for a while so eat good food, have fun and stick to your plans (whatever they may be) because THAT is the key to success
Old 09-14-2009, 02:00 AM   #30  
NEVER EVER going back

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandaceG View Post
CFMama,
Thanks for posting so much information, really appreciate it.
I was doing great losing weight for a while but now I have stopped even though I have increased my exercise to an hour four days a week and two hours (three times a wk). I even started running half of my walk.

I know you said you are swamped. But I was wondering, if you have the time, did you started rotating calories recently or is this something you always did? I have been eating 1600 cal. from the start. I am wondering about rotating calories myself.

Really appreciate all the help.

You are doing fantastic.

Candy
I rotate calories off and on. I just started again and I think if you STICK with it it does really help!