3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   10 Lb Loss in 9 days!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/179543-10-lb-loss-9-days.html)

hpnodat 08-19-2009 08:44 AM

10 Lb Loss in 9 days!!

I know it's normal to have a big loss when you first start a weight loss program. But 10 lbs? It seems like a lot to me. I'm not complaining of course. :D
But I just wonder how many of you have lost 10 lbs or more in such a short time, when you first started. Is it pretty normal for us bigger girls?

I welcome the loss and I hope I continue to lose fast (not real fast) because I've always been a slow loser.

Onederchic 08-19-2009 08:52 AM

When I started at 330, I lost close to 15 pounds in the first week.

salsa chip 08-19-2009 08:54 AM

I've lost 18lbs in the first three weeks or so.

Matilda08 08-19-2009 09:00 AM

Yes its normal I had lost 12lbs in nine days and last week I lost seven lbs

luvja 08-19-2009 10:12 AM

Yep, normal!
I wish it were that easy every week. Haha :lol:

hbieber2006 08-19-2009 10:30 AM

I dont mean to but in but i have a question if noone minds me posting it here it is on the same subject...i have been dieting for a couple of months and the last two weeks have been very small losses ( 1/2 lb one week and 1.5 lbs the other week) because of that TOM. My weigh in isnt until friday ( officially) but i hopped on the scale this morning and it says im down 5 lbs from what i weighed last week ( 306) is that possible after your TOM is over cause i have been pretty consistent with 2 lb losses every week except for the last 2 weeks because of TOM not that i wouldnt be happy with 5 lbs but i cant officially count it until friday so i hope it holds true but would this be unusual the week after TOM?

thanks for letting me post
thank you
Heather

hpnodat 08-19-2009 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbieber2006 (Post 2883154)
I dont mean to but in but i have a question if noone minds me posting it here it is on the same subject...i have been dieting for a couple of months and the last two weeks have been very small losses ( 1/2 lb one week and 1.5 lbs the other week) because of that TOM. My weigh in isnt until friday ( officially) but i hopped on the scale this morning and it says im down 5 lbs from what i weighed last week ( 306) is that possible after your TOM is over cause i have been pretty consistent with 2 lb losses every week except for the last 2 weeks because of TOM not that i wouldnt be happy with 5 lbs but i cant officially count it until friday so i hope it holds true but would this be unusual the week after TOM?

thanks for letting me post
thank you
Heather

Well, yeah. I think that's pretty normal. I typically retain water during TOM. Then after TOM is over, Whoosh the water is gone and I lose a few pounds. One thing that helps is drinking water with lemon juice squeezed in the water.

luckylindy 08-19-2009 11:22 AM

hb- yes, totally normal. My weight can fluctuate as much as 5 pounds, but usually is around 3 lbs on average. Dont worry...your in good shape-awesome job!

hbieber2006 08-19-2009 01:44 PM

Thanks guys! Im keeping my fingers crossed that the 5 lb loss will still be 5 lbs lost on friday so i have my fingers and toes crossed lol!!!

Lori Bell 08-19-2009 01:59 PM

Pretty normal for us bigger girls to lose a lot in the first couple of months...
Looking back at my WL journal I lost 9 pounds my first week and 14 by the end of week 2. The first 3 months were awesome weight loss months, month 4 &5 slowed down quite a bit, then it picked back up for a few months...I finally tapered off to 1-2 pounds a week by the 8th month.

cfmama 08-19-2009 02:09 PM

Girl... I lost 16 lbs in 13 days. Your first month is usually (but not always) a good month because if you are larger (like I was) you carry a LOT of excess fluid. So the first couple of weeks is getting rid of the excess that you are carrying. It's always a GREAT way to start a weight loss journey!