3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Weird side effects to diet and exercise... sharing (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/179505-weird-side-effects-diet-exercise-sharing.html)

TaraLee 08-18-2009 07:32 PM

Weird side effects to diet and exercise... sharing

I noticed the last month or so, since I've been workingout and dieting, I don't get as hot as I normally do. In fact, DH likes the therm. between 68-72 and prior to workout I preferred it in this range as well but now I've noticed that if the temp dips below 72, I'm freezing!! Its so strange and I haven't found any articles indicating why this might be.

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed a similar side effect or have any bizzare ones of their own to share

Jadebatdog 08-18-2009 07:45 PM

Yes I have noticed this too and my husband told me that my body is getting used to being hot. I live in Nevada and I used to be miserable just walking to the car and back, but now it's not so bad. I also remember reading something about this but I can't remember from where. It has saved us on our electricity bill because I keep the thermostat at 80 now!

JulieJ08 08-18-2009 07:46 PM

You're definitely not alone in being colder. That's a common side effect. Some have found it gets better after a while, maybe even years, some haven't. Me, I've always been one to be too cold; maybe that would have changed at a higher weight than I ever reached.

Your metabolic rate does drop with weight loss, that may be part of it. Also less insulation :).

SnowboundChick 08-18-2009 07:55 PM

I have the same thing but don't know why either! The explanation above sounds plausible.

Lori Bell 08-18-2009 08:55 PM

Before weight loss our electric bill in the summer was well over $400 a month...the highest so far this year has been $225...for the month of July! Yippee. I used to always be HOT, now I am always cold...(unless I'm push mowing on a 95 degree day...;)) I'm a little nervous about winter...I'm definitely going to have to buy a heavy duty thermal winter coat! My thick layer of fat was keeping me very warm.

Thighs Be Gone 08-18-2009 09:22 PM

My electric bills are 35% lower this summer! YAHOO!!!

Thighs Be Gone 08-18-2009 09:24 PM

Lori Bell--I was absolutely COLD to the bone this winter--even with socks and slippers on, my toes were like little popscicles---I had a fire non-stop! Fleece really seems to help me--I like the Snuggy too.

Lori Bell 08-18-2009 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thighs Be Gone (Post 2882461)
Lori Bell--I was absolutely COLD to the bone this winter--even with socks and slippers on, my toes were like little popscicles---I had a fire non-stop! Fleece really seems to help me--I like the Snuggy too.

OH NO!!! I hate the popsicle toe syndrome! :D Crazy isn't it? We spend all this time losing weight only to cover our bodies with thick layers of fleece and wool! :dizzy: (I wouldn't have it any other way!)

Aclai4067 08-18-2009 10:12 PM

geez, I'm always cold now. If I get colder when I get skinny I'll have to move to the equator!

TJFitnessDiva 08-18-2009 11:01 PM

I freeze now :D In 100+ degree weather w/humidity I have to bring my LSU hoodie into any indoor shopping place esp the grocery store lol

The plus side of that? I don't instantly start sweating as soon as I step outside ;) I am dreading winter too!

Thighs Be Gone 08-19-2009 12:12 AM

What is it with stores being so friggin' cold anyway? In this economy and resources being what they are? WTH?

Thighs Be Gone 08-19-2009 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lori Bell (Post 2882514)
OH NO!!! I hate the popsicle toe syndrome! :D Crazy isn't it? We spend all this time losing weight only to cover our bodies with thick layers of fleece and wool! :dizzy: (I wouldn't have it any other way!)

Me either! :carrot: I love shlepping around in my cozy slippers with myself wrapped in some hideous garment--draping away from my body. LOL--it makes me feel thinner!

starfishkitty 08-19-2009 12:21 AM

I wonder why that is?? I've noticed I get really bone cold a lot easier at work at night as well, when the air is on too high...

GirlyGirlSebas 08-19-2009 07:35 AM

I am so glad to hear this! I'm always hot. Always. Summers are miserable.

JulieJ08 08-19-2009 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thighs Be Gone (Post 2882678)
What is it with stores being so friggin' cold anyway? In this economy and resources being what they are? WTH?

I know. I bring coats with me into restaurants, even when it's 90 degrees out. People look at me like I'm nuts. But I think they run it even colder when it's hot out.