3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Seriously?!.... ^*(&$#!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/179373-seriously-%5E%2A-%24.html)

starfishkitty 08-17-2009 10:38 AM

Seriously?!.... ^*(&$#!!

I've been feeling so good about myself, my weight loss and journey... how far I've come... so many of my friends are just AMAZED at my change this past year... my body feels amazing and different and new to me... my energy and health are incredibly, amazingly better, etc etc and I could go on.

Then all of a sudden, some JERK has to come along and just wreck it up for you just because they're douchebags and can do it.

This older guy that comes into the gas station I work at (he's a regular, & the place is like... the hub for the neighborhood in many ways) and he laughingly goes, "Yeah, some of the guys up at the mill tease me for coming in here all the time... they insist that I come here to talk to 'that fat girl'... they need to quit all that, cos you are NOT fat!"

I appreciated his defending me, believe me, cos J is a good friend of mine.... but you know what? All those "guys" who say that about me?! What the heck man... why is it people have to say that kind of stuff?? I mean, really??

And you know.. it happens to me all the time. Whenever I tick someone off (guy or girl) there, because I won't give them a discount, or whatever may happen... the first thing they resort to is "you fat witch!" (replace w with a b) One guy even got mad because I wouldn't take his coupon and scathingly told me to "Go lose some weight" when he couldn't win with me with any other comment.

When I cried on the phone with my boyfriend right now(who's been my friend since my 250's), he told me that they're just jealous because I've turned a lot of them down when they hit on me (which is true) and so that's their way of being petty and getting back. That that's how guys work... when a chick they want doesn't want them back, they insult her.

Well, you know what? Bite me. Grow up, petty punk*ss jerks! I'm so tired of people being mean and inconsiderate of other people, and what other people could be going through in their lives without you even knowing!

Don't people ever stop and think that it could get back to the person and totally send someone over the edge, muchless ruin their day at the very least?

Why do people have to be so cruel? :mad:

It made my happiness with myself, and my achievements, crumble into a foul, bitter dust in my mouth.

The only light in all this was my bf, obviously. He's too good to be true, I swear.

Sometimes I just dislike human beings as a whole. Especially on days like this.

hpnodat 08-17-2009 10:54 AM

Dang, I'm sorry you had to deal with that. And I agree I sometimes dislike the whole human race too. But there really are some decent folks out there. So I usually go to them when I need a shoulder.

I used to work in a store like you too. I dealt with some of the same crap as you do. But I never let them get away with it. I would either let them know what I think of them, ban them from the store and even on one occasion I called the police. There's no way that I was going to put up with another "adults" crap. I dealt with enough teasing when I was growing up.

waquilter 08-17-2009 10:58 AM

I am sooo angry for you I don't know what to say. People can be such thoughtless insensitive jerks sometimes. I think people who have to resort to name calling are either bullies or so insecure about themselves they have to say something to make themselves feel important.

Hugs to you!!!

shasha17a 08-17-2009 11:03 AM

I really really hate people sometimes. I'm so sorry that you have to deal with that from other people. :hug:

thisisnotatest 08-17-2009 11:23 AM

Ahhh, the humans. They can be really difficult to deal with.
Being called fat, just like 4 eyes, short, ugly, etc is such an easy, go to, insult. Guaranteed to have maximim effect with no effort, wit or intelligence required.

Even once you've reached your goal weight, nasty people will still call you a b*tch. And it will be a bad day at work when they do. Just know that this crap has nothing to do with your weight, just as it won't in the future.

Btw, you're doing a great job so chin up and look towards the day when the a**holes of the world just call you a b*tch. ;)

lishamarie 08-17-2009 11:32 AM

You've done so well in fact you're almost halfway to your goal!

Use this as motivation to stay on track so no one will EVER
call you fat again.

"It made my happiness with myself, and my achievements, crumble into a foul, bitter dust in my mouth."

When I read this I couldn't help but think of this quote:
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent- Eleanor Roosevelt

You're beautiful inside and out so shine your light AND if those people
want to continue to live in the dark...That's their choice.

It may make no sense to many of us why people would be so cruel,but
sometimes I think cruel acts play a significant role in waking people up to
help and love one another.

bargoo 08-17-2009 11:41 AM

"noli nothis permittere mte terere" ...translation
"Don't let the b*****ds get you down"

StringBean 08-17-2009 11:49 AM

Working in the customer service industry really opens your eyes to how nasty some people are, doesn't it?? (I'm a part-time waitress/bartender). When people are nasty to me I just smile and think to myself that they must have such a horrible life and be really unhappy to talk and think the way they do, so I actually feel sorry/pity for them. Then I don't feel bad myself. Works for me because I will not let horrible people ruin MY day - how dare they?!

dragonwoman64 08-17-2009 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thisisnotatest (Post 2879484)
Being called fat, just like 4 eyes, short, ugly, etc is such an easy, go to, insult. Guaranteed to have maximim effect with no effort, wit or intelligence required.

couldn't have said it better.

honestly, don't let those idiots have that kind of power over you. and they didn't negate your accomplishments, even if they, for a time, did get under your skin.

:hug: hang in there. dealing with the crabby, overstressed public has it's intensely sucky moments, no getting around that.

bargoo 08-17-2009 12:00 PM

And remember they treat everybody that way, not just you. Note my previous post about 3 posts above this one.

Onederchic 08-17-2009 12:09 PM

Some people are idiots. Don't let idiots get you down. You have done amazing and you are amazing. Don't ever forget it! :hug:

kuhrisuh 08-17-2009 12:12 PM

:mad: I'm so sorry you're getting treated this way!! People in general really are inconsiderate and rude. This may get you down, but don't let it KEEP you down. After all, you're not losing the weight for THEM. It's for YOU. So keep on keepin on girl.

TaraLee 08-17-2009 12:44 PM

:hug: I'm sorry. I worked in a resturant that was the same "hub" sorta scenerio and I've dealt with the gambit of r-tards too.

I've learned, via that work experience and life experience as a whole, that I should feel sorry for people who have to stoop so low. They obviously lack the intellect to come up with any creative come-backs or put-downs to throw at me and so have to stoop to the only thing they can in my case...the obvious. Course should and do are totally seperate things!

My favorite response to someone calling me fat was to give them the "Duh" look, like ya didn't think I already realized that? Sometimes I'd even get vocal..."You fat witch," Responses: "No, really? I'm fat?? Here I thought everyone else had shrunk!" or "Did you think of that all on your own or did you see my name tag?" On of my favorites: "If you think I'm fat now you should've seen me (x amount of time) ago!! Wooo man!!" That one throws them off!

The important thing to remember is not to let these people have the any sort of power of you. They are pathetic and you know how awesome you are. You've seen your success and you KNOW you are on the right track. Remember, we might be "fat" but there's no fix for stupid.

willa 08-17-2009 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaraLee (Post 2879635)
Remember, we might be "fat" but there's no fix for stupid.

Exactly!

Your fat will go away, their brain wont come back ;)
Karma will do it's job, don't worry hun!

I've been served this all my life.
People are just plain stupid when they don't understand something/a situation. They are afraid of difference... their loss.

angieaang 08-17-2009 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willa (Post 2879752)
Karma will do it's job, don't worry hun!

This is soooo true. I used to be called "Big Mama Woo Woo" as a kid growing up because I was the thickest kid around. Do you know those same people that used to insult me are now extremely overweight?

Karma doesn't play. Treat everybody the way you'd want to be treated! They will get what's coming to them, but you continue to stay positive. You are doing such a great job, and there are some good people out there.:hug: