adjusting my calories

• so I was talking to a friend who said when I was eating 1200 it was too low (and I knew this not sure why I did it) and then I adjusted my cals for being 'lightly active' which had me eating 1700 a day.

their definition of 'lightly active' is working out 1-3 times per week. I work out 6 days a week for 30-45 mins now. BUT...the rest of my day I"m sedentary so she said I might be better off puttin sedentary into the calculator, that that is what she did and she's in the same spot as me. That gives me 1400 cals to work with. So....I'm going to try that for this week and see if I don't lose.

wish me luck.
  • Best of luck! Let us know how it goes?
  • Good luck! I know how frustrating it is trying to figure out how many calories I should eat, ugh!
  • best of luck with it sweetie!!! tbh, it makes alot of sense so i really hope it works for you!!!
  • Quote: ....That gives me 1400 cals to work with. So....I'm going to try that for this week and see if I don't lose. wish me luck.
    Good Luck!!
    Also, just be mindful that your body may take up to 2 weeks (or more, depends person to person) to adjust to the new calorie intake. So, it is possible you might not see any weight change in a week. I've done that in the past and freaked out by not seeing changes. But persistency eventually pays off. Just be patient.
  • Thanks everyone! I will give it a few weeks.
  • Good luck! I imagine you'll get good results--1200 is way too low anyway, what number are you to go down to when you lose weight?! Yay for being able to eat more!
  • Good luck. Let us know how it works.
  • The way I do the maths, after much frustration with that stupid equation, is that I work out my sedementary level, which I am most of the time, and then I add on my exercise separately. I would guess that you could probably go higher than 1400 and still lose well, so at 1400 you should be killing it.

Good luck.