Old 08-16-2009, 12:30 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Lottie, I KNOW how hard it is, but the pounds WILL come off if you stick with it!!! You are doing a great job!
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 12:31 PM   #17  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Many times I've lost inches and only seen a minute change on the scale. I know it sucks and it's disheartening. But you have come so far with changing your ENTIRE way of eating, adding tons of exercise and self love. Your body IS CHANGING from the inside out!!!!! You are a much healthier person even if you only lost 1 lb in two weeks.

*mega hugs* because I know how crappy it feels.
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 12:34 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 288/seeticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I haven't taken my "offical measurements" since day one. I noticed at what would've been my monthly measurements I wasn't dropping any inches. Probably holding the tape in the wrong place or its just cause I'm so big its not going to show with measurment loss anytime soon so I've decided to hold off on "measurements" cause for me it sucks that the scales going down but technically I'm just as BIG as I was day 1.

So I know that your having a rough time not seeing the scale move but to me the inches are really really really much more impressive than some stupid number on an evil scale!! The inches means your actually slimming down...the number on the scale... not so much.

Last edited by TaraLee; 08-16-2009 at 12:36 PM.
TaraLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 12:47 PM   #19  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
I have lost an inch off my waist and TWO INCHES off my bust, but no weight?
At one point I stalled for 6 weeks and lost no weight at all, and 2 1/2 sizes. I will take size loss over weight loss any day. People can SEE your size, they got no clue what you weight. Jump up and down with joy woman!!! You lost inches!!!!!!!
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 01:22 PM   #20  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Hey a loss is a loss and you've already lost 35 lbs! You are doing great- our bodies just go through phases where they are like I'm taking a break for a bit!

I've been at the same weight for a few months and I've kicked it into high gear this past week, not only am I up a freaking lb but my body is sore as heck lol! That's what I get for hardcore exercise this week.

Keep it up
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 02:11 PM   #21  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

I think there are always weeks like this... I know I've had 'em!

One thing that I think helps me though is that I change my calorie intake per day... one day I'll do 1500, one day I'll do 1700, one day 1900, one day 1400 etc. I read somewhere (a couple of places actually) that it prevents your body from plateauing as easily.... but you're still getting the calorie loss that you wanted, and sometimes more.

And, like everyone else above said... it could be so many things that you can't even help... TOM, fiber, changing routines, etc!

Keep the faith, and stay on track! It'll start going down again.
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 03:18 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

I know how it feels to work so hard and not see the scale move. Stick with what you are doing. I stayed right around 202 from Feb till June. I worked out, and ate right. ( or at least stayed within my calories ) Nothing seemed to work, seemed liked overnight the scale just finally moved. Good Luck! It will happen if you stick with it.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 03:30 PM   #23  
live ur life

S/C/G: 236/230/150

Height: 5'8

hey! i totally can relate. this week has been really bad for me. i've actually been fluctuating a pound or two up rather than going down. it's been extremely frustrating but i keep having to remind myself this is a lifestyle change that i will have to stick to. you can do this! we are all here to support you. hugs
caliyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 03:52 PM   #24  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Lottie sorry to hear you are upset. You are losing inches and you did lose a pound. So that's good. It could just be water retention from exercise.
Hope the scale goes down soon. :
VickieLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 05:55 PM   #25  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

lottie--yea, scales suck! You are doing awesome. You are losing inches and that is what matters. you are eating well and exercising--which is fantastic! Keep at it. The stupid scale will catch up.
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 06:52 PM   #26  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

I agree, a pound is a pound, you're going down. and if you feel and measure your body getting smaller, you have more muscle and less fat.

feel happy and proud of all the changes you've made, which ARE scale AND non-scale victories. it's not an exact science and efforts doesn't always show immediately (the same is true with slip ups! if I overdo it one week, it might not show up on the scale until the next).

sometimes it's an effort of faith.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 05:29 PM   #27  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Oh honey, I know how you feel, and it isnt pretty. How frustrating this weight loss thing can be, I tell ya! You keep your head up and DO NOT GIVE UP. The scale will start moving, but only when it is darned ready to, no matter how frustrating it is. Belive me Ive had several, I repeat, several meltdowns relating to weight loss this time around. Sometimes we just gotta let it out, ya know? Keep doing the right thing and it will move, sometimes it just takes its sweet frigging time. Hang in there!
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 06:26 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

You're doing so well!

If you're losing inches but not seeing that much change in the scale, it probably means that you're losing fat and replacing it with muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat, takes up less space, and is generally better, obviously. (This is why many athletes with lots of muscle register as overweight or obese for the BMI but are actually quite healthy)

As long as you're getting smaller in inches, that's all that matter.

Keep up the good work!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 12:36 AM   #29  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

You're doing well! Look at it this way at least you lost inches. I refused to do a weigh in yesterday because my mid-week weigh in and measurements went so badly even though I've been militant about staying on plan and it's the TOM right now and I already felt fragile so I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Just stay on plan, no matter what. In the midweek I felt like giving up and just crying, but my victory is that I stayed on plan.

You're in competition with yourself and you're winning. The scale will be forced to move in the right direction eventually as long as you stay on plan. It can't win.

Also, congrats on the bra size change. I'm very close in size to you so I know psychologically (and physically) what the difference between 44H and 42G is. Congrats!!!!!!! One step closer to VS!!!!

Last edited by toastedsmoke; 08-18-2009 at 12:38 AM.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 07:51 AM   #30  
no more hiding

S/C/G: 296/215/160

Height: 5' 5"

Hang in there! A lot of this weight loss battle is lost and won in your head. Negative thoughts are so easy for us. We get to beleiveing that negative talk inside us. Fight back with some positive thoughts and eventually you will begin to believe those instead. Two inches lost anyplace is a huge victory, hang on to that!!!
2behealthy is offline   Reply With Quote