3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   My Mom is in need of your prayers. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/17904-my-mom-need-your-prayers.html)

velvet 07-08-2002 11:24 PM

My Mom is in need of your prayers.

I'm home frome the mountains. We came home a day early because Mom woke up the morn of the 4th and her right hand didn't work. We went to the Dr. today and he pronounced it a stroke. He said that if it had been a TIA, the symptoms would have begun to alleviate already. The good news is that it has only affected her right hand. She is to have a CAT scan Thurs. and a sonagram Sat. to find out the damage done. She had another slight stroke in '94 and the whole right side was affected then. She totally recovered then and we expect that the same thing will happen this time.

Things in the mts were good and bad...but then what isn't? It was nice to get away, but my friends dh was drinking and is an a**hole when he gets drunk. And it was HOT, HOT, HOT!!! We never did get to eat anything grilled over the campfire. That was supposed to happen the evening of the 4th, but we came home. Deb's d(?)h spoiled the trip anyway. I was DEFINITELY ready to come home even if Mom hadn't had the stroke.

I didn't weigh-in today since we were at the Dr. I've eaten in too many restaurants lately and have not been good!

I'll keep you updated. I have not read posts yet, but will and will respond later.

Love, Gayle

gbo 07-09-2002 01:17 AM

Gayle , I am so sorry about your Mom and have said a prayer for her and for a full recovery. I have prayed also for you. I am so sorry you are in such a bad position with dh. Always so much pain for you in these circumstances. I pray for you and your Mom.
Pam

PNG 2 07-09-2002 10:53 AM

Awww velvety, you know you have my prayers... I hope all turns out for you and mom.

Jenniffer 07-09-2002 12:22 PM

*HUGS YA*

Sounds like it wasn't a good trip afterall. I am relieved to hear that your Mom is okay though. Your both in my prayers.

Sandi 07-09-2002 02:19 PM

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}

Hope your mom is better soon!!

BA99TJ 07-09-2002 04:03 PM

Velvet - you and your mom are definately in my prayers!! Here's praying for little damage and a full recovery!! Strokes are so scary. Hopefully they can find ways to help her!

anagram 07-09-2002 04:15 PM

Will be praying for you both. My Mom too has had one stroke/TIA some years ago from which she recovered nicely. My Dad, too, had had one from which he recovered (had lost the sight in one eye and it came back!). So hope your Mom comes back from this one as well as she did the other.

Hope you had a little R & R on your trip before the stroke event. It was really hard in all the heat last week.

2ofMe 07-10-2002 03:46 PM

My prayers will be for you and your mom. Hope all turns out for both of you.

annie

velvet 07-10-2002 11:11 PM

Thank you all soooo much! You make me cry. What a wonderful group of ladies you are.

Mom is doing well. Her depression is lifting somewhat. She now knows it's not going to 'creep' any farther.

I still haven't had time to read anything. Hope things are ok for all of you. If not, just hang in there. BELIEVE that it will get better...AND IT WILL!!!

Must go to bed...CAT scan at 7:45 AM...:yawn: !!!

Thanks again...it means more than you can possibly know! :love:

Love, Gayle