Old 08-11-2009, 11:24 AM   #1  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Question Eggs & Cholesterol:How many are too many per day?

Does anybody enjoy boiled eggs as much as I do? Im beginning to worry about cholesterol though.....I am a vegetarian, so I dont eat much things with cholesterol in them besides the eggs.

How many do you eat per day? Do you worry about cholesterol?
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:29 AM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

I normally have 2 whole eggs every day and honestly, I don't worry about it.
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:29 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 335.8/335.8/150

Height: 5'6''

I usually eat two eggs every day for breakfast - sometimes hard boiled, sometimes fried and rolled into a wrap, sometimes scrambled or into an omlette. I like the protein to keep me going all morning. I do not worry about my cholesterol and my levels are always good at my checkups. The Dr says I need to lose weight but he has no complaints on my blood pressure, cholesterol or other numbers - just my wieght (which is coming down slowly).
econ nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:35 AM   #4  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Since you are a vegetarian I wouldn't worry unless you are eating more than 4 eggs a day. If you don't have a history of high cholesterol you should be fine.

I have heard of some people who eat 1-2 dozen eggs a week and are healthy- you need your protein
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:54 AM   #5  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

I have 2 eggs almost every day. I have my own chickens and can monitor their feed. I worry about the eggs that come from large egg operations. They sometimes add strange stuff to the chicken's feed to increase egg production. I think that can come through in the egg. I would just suggest looking for organic eggs, or better yet, farm fresh eggs.

May seem crazy, but I can tell the difference!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:57 AM   #6  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Well what is your cholesterol? Have you had it tested before?

I would also recommend looking for farm fresh eggs from humanely treated chickens. I believe animal products from animals that are stressed isn't good. I recently had to perform a search for eggs for my dogs and it was really hard to find decent eggs. Even the organic ones don't say cage free. The funny thing is the eggs I found look 'different' than the standard grocery store eggs. They look more real if that makes sense.

Last edited by nelie; 08-11-2009 at 11:58 AM.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 01:13 PM   #7  
Trying so hard....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelie View Post
Well what is your cholesterol? Have you had it tested before?

I would also recommend looking for farm fresh eggs from humanely treated chickens. I believe animal products from animals that are stressed isn't good. I recently had to perform a search for eggs for my dogs and it was really hard to find decent eggs. Even the organic ones don't say cage free. The funny thing is the eggs I found look 'different' than the standard grocery store eggs. They look more real if that makes sense.
Yes, I buy the cage free ones from Walmart. I know that there is still cruelty involved with those, but it has got to be better on the chickens not being in a small crate. I also get some fresh farm eggs from the inlaws, but I have a big problem with getting those to peel. I read up online and some say to only boil 5 minutes, then they should peel. Tried that, that doesnt work. so....oh well.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:14 PM   #8  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

I have read time and again after searching google for "are eggs bad for your cholesterol" that they are NOT and I have seen it on tons of "myth vs facts about food" that eggs are not bad for you ....(eggs are bad for your cholesterol: myth!) you might want to google that for a more in depth answer.

I'm veggie as well, I eat a lot of eggs, my cholesterol is fine.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 01:23 PM   #9  
Trying so hard....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottie63 View Post
I have read time and again after searching google for "are eggs bad for your cholesterol" that they are NOT and I have seen it on tons of "myth vs facts about food" that eggs are not bad for you ....(eggs are bad for your cholesterol: myth!) you might want to google that for a more in depth answer.

I'm veggie as well, I eat a lot of eggs, my cholesterol is fine.
I can sometimes eat like 5 or 6 a day.....is that what you consider a lot? I like to take them to work for snacks, and sometimes just for lunch.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:25 PM   #10  

Eggs are a wonderful food and so good for you. I go thru times when I eat several a day and then none for a while. I wouldn't worry about cholesterol being affected by egg consumption at all.
Torister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 01:38 PM   #11  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

I eat about 4-5 some days, I don't want to go over my fat limit for the day so I will have 2 whole eggs sometimes and then 4 egg whites, have you had your cholesterol checked? If it's ok I'd say nothing to worry about.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 01:52 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 206/149/135

Height: 5.5

I eat 4 whole eggs a day, but if I need quick lunches and in between snacks, after that, I switch to egg whites. My cholesterol is great. I have also heard that it is a myth that the eggs raise your cholesterol levels. So, if you love it them, and it's keeping you from "other" choices. I say keep it up =) Also, if you are worried about cholesterol, rolled oats really do help bring it down. Put some applesauce and cinnamon on top, it's like a little healthy apple pie.
Lillyblossoms is offline   Reply With Quote