Old 08-11-2009, 11:09 AM   #16  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Rhonda I feel ya on the ice cream, I can't really have it in the house ...big time comfort food!

schmoodle, you can do it! just stick around here, the ladies will be more than happy to kick your butt in gear!

beverly, that sucks about the surgery! insurance co's be damned! :P

slashnl, good idea to add that other day in the spin class. good luck!

today: 1746 cals

b: oatmeal, banana, strawberries
s: soy nuts
l: leftover chili and triscuits
s:hummus and crackers
d: mexican pita pizza
s: banana and 2 oz sharp cheddar
Have an On Plan day everyone!

Last edited by lottie63; 08-11-2009 at 07:01 PM.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 06:50 PM   #17  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

I can't believe it......I have a surgery date!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, tentatively, I have to confirm it tomorrow. But, so far it looks like 9/11. There were two sooner dates, but I couldn't do either one...the first date I am covering for a co-workers vacation and the other one dh has red sox tickets in Boston. I have waited this long....what's a few more weeks?

I almost forgot...I have a hair appt tomorrow! I am super excited....I really need a trim and color.

Rhonda--Today is a new day! How did the cupboard purging go?

Schmoodle--Great to see you back too!

Diane--Your spin classes sound really tough, but good. Great job! Keep it up! I agree, I think we need to take responsibility for our choices and plan for how we can handle it differently tomorrow. Easier said than done sometimes, but as long as we keep at it!!!!

lottie--mmm, mexican pita pizza sounds yummy!

I didn't last long at the gym tonight. My knee was really sore, but it's ok...it IS going to get better!!!!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 07:00 PM   #18  
unabashed

mj5, here is the recipe:

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recip...720051#ratings

I also recently uploaded a pic of the finished product.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:20 AM   #19  
mj5

Good Morning!

I have another day of a string of meetings, so I wanted to pop in here nice and early just in case I don't get a chance to later!

I have my lunch packed, water bottle ready, and my sneakers all set--w/ my hair appt, I just don't have time to get to the gym, so I'll get in a walk at lunch time. It's better than nothing...

lottie--YUM!!! I make my grocery list later tonight, I am SO getting the stuff to make those! thanks for sharing!

Hi to everyone else! Have a great OP day!
Old 08-12-2009, 08:18 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi chicks - I hope everyone is having a good day! For me today:

paperwork in my office - am
working - afternoon
board meeting - evening
stretches and strengthening
mediation
aware eating
fork down between bites
sitting down while I eat
lots of water

breakfast - ff cottage cheese & 1/2 banana, pnb toast
lunch - bean and cheese wrap, beets
snack - tangerine, cheese
dinner - egg white scramble with peppers & onions, ketchup, lite bread
snack - eng. muffin

MJ - I am so, so happy your knee operation has been approved. Goodness - you have waited a very long time. Great planning ahead for your day today!

Lottie - thanks so much for that great recipe! I agree about insurance copay..yes, be damned, indeed!

Slash - good for you...doing your spin class. You are so, so right about keeping posting - even when struggling. Thanks so much for the reminder.

Schmoodle - thanks for that lovely welcome back, friend. I am definately in for the group hug! Sounds like your vacation spot wasn't real condusive to helping with your plan. But, you're back and hopping to it. You CAN do this.

Rhonda - hi and thanks! Purging the cupboards is such a good way to start. So good to see you!

Everyone have a GREAT day.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 09:55 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hello ladies, just a quickie today. I am actually on a telecon right now, but I don't have a plan for the day and actually haven't even had breakfast yet, not a great start, so I want to get this in before it's too late.

B: scrambled eggs with salsa and cheese, turkey bacon, coffee with milk
L: leftover grilled chicken breast and a sliced tomato salad, peach
S: skim iced latte, cheese stick, raw cauli with hummus
D: cheeseburger (lean and no bun), ratatouille
S: a spoon of natural peanut butter and a glass of skim milk

Oh Diane, the smoothie is a variation of the South Beach chocolate cheesecake smoothie. I now put a scoop of cottage cheese in all my smoothies to up the protein, then milk or yogurt, fruit, flavorings, ice if the fruit isn't frozen. Makes it more of a substantial breakfast.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:30 AM   #22  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Oh boy, was I sluggish this morning. I made it to the gym, but not as early as I wanted. Oh well. I did some weights, so that was good. I have to admit that the spin class yesterday kicked my butt. Then, my kids had registration for school, so we did a lot of walking. I was REALLY tired last night. But, I'm planning on going to spin class tomorrow. We'll see if I can survive 2 times in one week.

I'm going to have to be careful today. I feel like I could eat a bunch today. MUST STAY FOCUSED!

Schmoodle: That's interesting. I'll have to try the cottage cheese. Good idea on getting in some protein.

Beverly: I'm so glad you're posting. I missed you! You're doing well.

MJ: Oh boy. Meetings. Have fun today.

Lottie: You can come cook for me anytime.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:44 AM   #23  
unabashed

slashnl.... sure thing!

b: egg white sandwich w/ 1 slice cheese on wheat, banana, blueberries
s: hummus w/ 1 serv triscuit
l: cheese pita pizza
s: 1 oz extra sharp cheddar
d: mac and nutritional yeast 'cheese' and bbq tofu sandwich on Arnold's wheat sandwich thin

I'm feeling great, TOM bloating is finally starting to come down, I'm wearing my ring again. It was SO BAD. Prolly had a good 4 lbs of bloat. Thank god I stayed away from the scale!
Old 08-12-2009, 04:14 PM   #24  
science nerd

S/C/G: 302/ticker/151

Height: 5'8"

Hello everyone! After straying very far off the weight loss path, I've found my way back and am ready to commit myself to eating and living healthier. Lottie pointed me to this thread, and I must say, an accountablity thread sounds like a marvelous idea.

For some brief background, I am a waitress at a Pizza Hut, as well as a full time student (classes start back up again on September 1st for me). Since getting my job at the Hut last September, I've really been packing on the pounds, due to drinking lots of soda and eating lots of pizza and other bad things at work! I also haven't been exercising enough, but I plan on hitting the gym once the semester starts.

So what I need most right now is stop eating food from work and to drink lots of water. I'm also getting myself a notebook to start a calorie-counting journal, and figure out how many calories I need to be consuming.
shadowclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 04:18 PM   #25  
unabashed

Shadowclaw, glad to see you over here! I am forever recruiting for this thread, I find it so helpful.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:03 PM   #26  
mj5

shadowclaw--welcome!

Well, I did not make it on a walk during lunch. Work totally got in the way--luckily it wasn't anything too serious, but something that had to be taken care of right away. So, no exercise tonight, but my hair looks fabulous. The color came out great! It's a chocolatey brown w/ some red mixed in.

But seriously, I need to find my exercise groove again. With my knee surgery scheduled it will help me bounce back afterwards so much more quickly--besides all the other obvious benefits. I have already set my alarm a little early tomorrow to get in some workout time before work. After work I have a ton of stuff to do--again! Seems like there just aren't enough hours in the day sometimes. I will get this back on track. I have to!
Old 08-12-2009, 09:29 PM   #27  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Hello everyone! Coming home from vacation and NEEDING to stop the "just a bites" and the "eat whatever I want as long as I have the calories" so accountability it is!

Today's food 1400 calorie cycled day (average of 1600)
B- weight watchers bagel, 2 Laughing cow wedges, 1/2 large banana
L- cloverleaf tuna steak, 1/2 cup sushi rice, 1 cup broccoli, 2 T nutritional yeast
S- yogurt cup, 1/2 cup blueberries
D- whole wheat pita, 3/4 cup chicken breast, 1/4 cup onions, 3 baby tomato's, 1/2 cup lettuce, 1/4 cup shredded cheese, 2 T salsa, 2 T sour cream
S- large peach

I had NO just a bites today and stayed on plan all day! Yay me!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 09:46 PM   #28  
unabashed

cfmama, great job!

I had a **** of a time staying on plan today cuz it's that TOM....but I'm doing it!
Old 08-13-2009, 05:27 AM   #29  
mj5

Good Morning! It's going to be another hazy, hot, and humid one here today...well, that will help me drink LOTS of water! LOL!!!!

Beverlyjoy--Any progress in your decision for your foot surgery?

Rhonda--How are you doing?

Jab--What's up?

CC--Are you still out there?

math--Come on back!!!

I have lots to do today. Especially now, with a surgery date--I really need to buckle down and get some projects that are lingering over my head finished.

My lunch is packed. I did part of a yoga dvd this morning....oooh, it was hard!!!

Have a great OP day everyone!
Old 08-13-2009, 07:04 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi chicks! I am grateful to a healthy sane food day yesterday. It seems I have a bit more willingness to try - I am grateful today. It especially helps when I am willing to meditate and do visual imagery.

For today:
stretches and strengthening
meditation
journal - not doing enough of this
lots of water
put my fork down between bites
no eating standing up
leave a bite of food on my plate
write down everything I eat
working this am

breakfast - turkey sausage, pnb toast, applesauce
lunch - tuna sandwich (openface), pickle, cauliflower
snack - ff cottage cheese, pear
dinner - ? -
snack - 1/2 english muffin, sf cocoa

MJ - I haven't decided yet about the surgery. This past summer I went to a different doctor. He was able to pad and wrap my foot a different way that allowed me to work with little pain. Of course, my walking was very limited, but - I got through. I know that eventually I will need to do the surgery - just trying to figure out when or even if the new doctor thinks I can find a way to live without pain or surgery. It's hard to face surgery when the pain is minimal. However - my getting around and doing regular things is minimal too. I saved my "foot" for working this summer. *** Glug, glug -I'll drink lots of water.

Lottie - I remember TOM - I am in my fifties. Now I have my own 'personal summer". Glad you got thru it.

CF mama - I am so glad to hear you got thru your day with no nibbles and on plan. Great - you are heading in the right direction once again.

Welcome shadowclaw
- accountability is so helpful for some folks. Glad you are joining in. It's tough to work around food you like. It might sound silly - but, can you picture the pizza with something nasty on it. Really, close your eyes and concentrate. It works for some folks.

Slash - good for you - heading back into the spinning class even though it kicked your butt. Remember - walking counts as exercise too. Thanks for the nice welcome.

Schmoodle - good for you...getting here with little time to write down your plan. I think it's those little things that add up and help us get our groove back.

Have a GREAT day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 08-13-2009 at 07:15 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote