Buying smaller sizes.

• I had a coupon to get a free pair of underware at a store that sells underware. I told the sales clerk I wanted a smaller size than what I wear now. She said what size do you want. Then she told me what the sizes were for L, M, and S. I took the pair in my goal size. I just have a hard time believing I can achieve that size. I still have 79 LBS to lose. But I just need to keep reading the goals of people, that have already achieved large amounts of weight loss.
  • I think that getting something in your goal size is a fantastic way to get motivated! I know that my sister has lots of clothes for me when I lose my weight, so it will be incredibly fun to raid her closet for the first time since we were kids.

Keep up the great work!
  • you can do it! Those undies will fit sooner than you think
  • That's a great idea! You will make it and what a fun way to encourage yourself!
  • I'm not a big fan of a goal weight clothing purchase because of the way things are cut you never know if it will fit you even at goal... but underwear is a good goal purchase because they tend to be fairly forgiving and fit a range of sizes. Hope you get to wear then soon!
  • I used to buy things "to slim into", and it cost me so much money! I never managed to slim into the things, and I eventually gave them away because I did not like them any more anyway, e.g. because they went out of fashion. Also, if you have that much to lose it`s hard to predict what shape you`ll be, particularly for bras.

Sorry to sound so negative. I`m sure you`ll reach your goal, and if the undies don`t fit or if you don`t like them any more, at least they were for free!

Stella
  • I have a pair of size 8 New York & Co. jeans that I bought at Goodwill as my goal pants I can't fit into them yet but it's getting close! They have hung on my closet door facing into my bedroom so I can see them everyday.
  • I just bought a winter coat because I know my old one (well I already gave it to goodwill) will not fit. It was a 5x and fit slightly baggie. I just ordered a 2x. I'm abit worried, but I figure, hey - still several months until I need it and I'm already wearing 3x shirts.

I have not bought too much with the concept of goal weight. I'm still working my way through all the cloths I saved as I gained the weight.
  • Don't have anything for at my goal yet but when the store near me was doing a special price for 5 pairs of panties I got 1 on my current size and 4 more in the next 2 sizes down. My skirts are pretty forgiving my by underwear are about to fall off so I'll be switching over soon. Likewise I found a fitted shirt I adore that was on clearance for $10 down from $60. The 18 fit just right but for $10 I went ahead and got a 16 too especially as it's going to be part of my halloween costume in October.
  • You will get em before you know it!
  • Right now I am a size 20, i have a bunch of good useable clothes at a size 18. (the smaller size 18). You bet i have that on reserve and am waiting to get back into it. If I felt I was close to being size 18 again, I would buy at least 2/3 of clothing in that size rather than my current size, which I see as temporary. I guess for a time I see myself as living in two houses. Why not buy your current size at goodwill, to save money and remind you that you are just there temporarily.