Health and Fitness realted Rewards for Weight Loss

• I wrote this in my blog over on spark, but wanted to post it here to give anyone who needs ideas, some ideas. Feel free to add your own!

I tried to make these goals (for the most part) relate in some way to each other if you pay attention to the way they progress.

I just got tired of the 'usual' (new clothes, mani/pedi, which I"m not all that into) and had to really THINK and challenge myself to come up with health and fitness based rewards (except of course for the occasional clothes or trip to the amusement park (kennywood)

I've been trying to get to kennywood for years though, so it will be a nice reward.

I'm not very good with rewarding myself for weight loss or staying On Plan or exercise or anything like that.

So, I've decided to WRITE DOWN my rewards, and make sure I get/do them, to keep me on track.

Goal #1
    Lose 10% of my body weight:
    Goal met awhile ago, I have now lost 36 lb, 7 lbs over my goal and finally rewarded myself with some new clothes.

Goal #2
    Stick to my Exercise Routine for the month of August, including gradual increases.
    Goal met:
    Reward: Buy myself the Veganomicon

Goal #3
    Reach 255 lbs by September 13th
    Goal Met:
    Reward: Trip to Kennywood

Goal #4
    Fit into a Size 40F bra
    Goal met:
    Reward: Buy my first Enell ( www.enell.com ) Sports Bra AND a pair of running shoes

Goal #5
    Successfully run a half mile
    Goal met:
    Reward: Join the JCC gym

---

Last but not least---

ONGOING GOAL: Put one dollar for every lb lost in a jar. When you reach 50 lbs lost=50$, buy a new piece of clothing.
  • I was reading something that said you should reward yourself for every 5 lbs lost. So I've decided to do that. The thing is I usually just buy things I want so I've decided to stop that for a while and buy things only when I reach a goal.

So I reached my first 5 lb goal this morning (after being at an inflated weight but I'm counting it) - I bought MacGourmet recipe software

Next 5 lb goal - I am getting a hair cut

Next 5 lb goal - Not sure, but I'm leaning towards buying a Macrobiotic cookbook. I checked one out of the library and it is kind of fascinating.

Next 5 lb goal - I'm considering buying a plugin for MacGourmet.

Next 5 lb goal - This will be a big one for me so I was thinking of buying a GoWear Fit.
  • oooohhhhhh I want a gowear fit! *jealous*

hehe
  • I've only set one major goal (and it's not my final goal yet)

Lasik eye surgery at 75lbs lost!!! I'm over half way there!!!
  • oh.. I also give myself a weekly reward... a personal training session with my cute, and oh so young, trainer