Old 08-06-2009, 10:37 AM   #16  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi all. Didn't make it here yesterday... it was a busy day. I didn't get to the gym because my daughter had an orthodontist appt. Overall it wasn't a great onplan day. But, back on track this morning, I went to my spin class. The instructor is so good and encouraging. She told me that I'm really doing well. I still feel like I'm dying a lot of the time, but overall I think it is getting better and it is such a great workout.

Lottie: I've read that over and over on this forum, that sometimes you can have too few calories and make yourself stall. I've even noticed that sometimes when I'm up on calories for a day, it seems to kick up my metabolism and gives me a little "whoosh" of weight loss.

MJ: Sounds like maybe the ice cream isn't much of a treat anymore as your tastes are changing!

Hi to everyone else!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 09:42 AM   #17  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

slashn, I didn't get to exercise either, I was up at 8 am (which is too early for me!) and running around all day, after dinner I just wanted to head to bed!

Will do it today though I have nothing else going on, might try out this biggest loser dvd that came with my crappy, old scale. I'm feelin' the need to switch things up!

todays menu: 1714

b: 2 egg whites, 1 slice cheese, on arnolds wheat sanwich thin, w/ banana and strawberries
s: soy nuts 1 oz
l: 2 sloppy Joe w/ cheese on arnolds sandwich thin
s: Whole, raw almonds 1 serv
d: Naked Seitan bbq burrito
s: Whole, raw albomds, 1 serv

I kind of changed my menu yesterday all except breakfast, had general tso's tofu for lunch, some california rolls for a snack and seitan in a fake 'cheese' sauce made from nutritional yeast, butter, flour and seasonings (which was actually really good!) and a small salad for dinner.

Hope you ladies are doing good!

Have an On Plan day!

Last edited by lottie63; 08-07-2009 at 11:08 AM.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 05:31 PM   #18  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

hi everyone! super busy at work today and I am just drained....nothing bad, just lots to do. I'll catch up w/ everyone tomorrow. have a great night
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 05:51 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 300/ticker/190

Height: 5'9"

Not sure what we're supposed to post on this thread, but I feel like I should ;-) So, I finally decided what diet plan I'm going to follow. I'm going to use the Reader's Digest Change One plan. It breaks down each meal into measurements like Breakfast: 1 fruit, 1 dairy, 1 starch. So I had a measured bowl of cereal (I realized that I normally go heavy on the cereal & light on the milk), and a handful of... trailmix. Ok, not quite to plan, but I'm going to do a spreadsheet & get to it Sunday. I also walked this morning for the first time in about 2 weeks. I have not committed to a plan before because I'm terrified that I'll not stick with it (& therefore reinforce all those negative thoughts I have about myself). I think this will be relatively easy to follow. I'm new here, & enjoy seeing everyone's progress. It gives me hope!
Thanks,
Beth
bcort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 06:56 PM   #20  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Welcome Beth. This thread is anything you want/need it to be. We just try to stay accountable with our food plans and exercise. Oh, and there is a little chat and encouragement added for fun!

I had a super busy day today too. I'll check in tomorrow.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 09:06 AM   #21  
mj5

Good morning! Still getting used to the new laptop....so please forgive the typos!

Beth--welcome! Exactly what Diane said....whatever you want/need the thread can be for you, though I would say there is LOTS of chat for encouragement and fun! Don't feel you always have to respond to everyone, either. Believe it or not....there are times when we can be quite chatty and it's hard to keep up.

Phew, SO glad the first week back to work is over.....it was out of control busy! Not just because it was after vacation....it was really busy everywhere, I guess.....

I am going to change my reward to myself....instead of a lip gloss (I hadn't bought it yet.....I really don't need another lip gloss yet), I am going to reward myself w/ buying a new shirt when I reach 14 days OP. I need to start looking for some cute (bargain) fall shirts, so it will be win-win! Plus, shopping is a REAL reward LOL!!!! Besides, I want to be able to buy smaller sizes and sticking w/ being OP will help that, too.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Beverlyjoy, Rhonda, CC, math, Schmoodle, nicolen, and everyone else who stops by--let us know how you are doing!

No big plans today. I need to do some cleaning--it is going to be on the cooler side today, so I better get it done! LOL!!! I am also going to make some zucchini bread for my friend's dad.

Have a great OP day!
Old 08-08-2009, 09:56 AM   #22  
unabashed

mj5, I feel ya on the shopping being a real reward! So happy with the new clothes I got!

todays menu: 1738 cals

b: 2 egg whites on arnolds saneich thin wheat, 1 apple and 1 serv cherry essence prunes
s: soy nuts 2 serv
l: mexican pita pizza
s: garden salad w/ 4 tbls wish bone red wine vinigarette
d: sweet and sour veggie tofu
s: 1.5 serv cherry essence prunes

Last edited by lottie63; 08-08-2009 at 10:24 AM.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:26 AM   #23  
unabashed

Well, it's TOM, and I didn't lose ANYTHING. I'm kind of upset, kind of want to go eat a huge bowl of pasta, but I won't.

staying on plan, TRUDGING ON...

today's menu: 1701 cals

b: 4 egg whites 2 slice cheese, 1 banana
s: green apple and 1 serv cherry essence prunes
l: mexican pita pizza
s: cherry essence prunes and 1 serv soy nuts
d: black bean chili w/ cheese and sour cream
s: garden salad w/ 2 tbls red wine vinigarette

Last edited by lottie63; 08-09-2009 at 09:38 AM.
Old 08-09-2009, 10:50 AM   #24  
mj5

Good Morning! I received some excellent news yesterday....I FINALLY have the approval to get my knee scoped! I will be calling the drs office first thing tomorrow morning--I have my ortho's direct phone number, which will really come in handy! Kind of sad that I am SO excited about knee surgery, but I just want to get moving on this! I am really sick of this whole process, so if I can at least get the ball rolling again, that will help! *hopefully* this is all I will need for now, but if I need the major surgery, I'll deal with that too!