3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Someone thought I was pregnant :-( (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/178061-someone-thought-i-pregnant.html)

cfmama 08-01-2009 12:53 PM

I feel ya! Right now I am puffed all full of gas and fluid and look about 5 months pregnant. Bleck.

dragonwoman64 08-01-2009 01:00 PM

years ago my nephew asked me if I was pregnant, he was I think about 5 at the time (!) No, I answered, I'm fat. His dad, my brother, is heavy too, which made it less insulting, you know, being big in our family (at least for some of the adults) is more like a fact than an insult. But I sure didn't like hearing that!

bcort 08-02-2009 10:46 PM

Thanks for all the encouragement - that's not something I can just tell anyone!

Elladorine 08-02-2009 11:16 PM

Several years back I worked in a shop at the mall. It was a family-owned business, and I was one of the few workers that wasn't actually part of the family. And when word spread around that one of the daughters got pregnant? The whole mall thought it was me! :yikes:

I can't tell you how many "congratulations" I got when I worked that counter. :o

Jessanne 08-03-2009 04:24 AM

My moment came at Cracker Barrel when waiting for take out I heard from behind me "so when is the baby due". It was a hostess who had mistaken me for someone she had been talking to earlier. I just said I'm not pregnant. She was embarrassed and kept apoligizing. The worse part was it was a busy night and I still had to stand there for 10minutes waiting for my food. I felt like the whole place was staring at me and talking about me.

AngelicLyna 08-03-2009 06:16 AM

I've been asked if I was pregnant a few times by clients at work, but I think the people who asked me were more embarassed when they found out that I wasn't. They seemed really sheepish afterwards. It doesn't bother me at all, I know I'm a big girl and I know they just wanted to start a conversation. Talking about the weather would probably be better though. lol

As for the picture thing, I know what you mean! Coming from an Asian background, every female in my family aside from my sister and I, are no more than a size 6. Even the guys aren't over 150lbs and they are 5'10-6'3. I stand out like a huge black dot on a piece of white paper, even when I stand behind everyone in a group picture. Once I was in a picture with my petite friend, she was 4'10 tall and she was about 86lbs, after the picture was taken, my other friend wouldn't let me look at the picture because she thought it would hurt my feelings. Well, I looked and WOW, I don't even know how to describe the difference between us, it was like I was King Kong and she was a twig next to me.

Rosinante 08-03-2009 07:15 AM

I've never been asked - odd. At least now, barring entry into a world's oldest mothers competition, no-one would make that assumption!

dragonwoman64 08-03-2009 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngelicLyna (Post 2856701)
I don't even know how to describe the difference between us, it was like I was King Kong and she was a twig next to me.

don't feel bad. I have relatives who are tiny (though most of my immediate family is tall and big). I went to visit my aunt and cousins, they're probably around 5 feet tall and thin. I have pictures of me standing next to them and it really does look like a scene out of Land of the Giants.

I'd like to add they hate having their pics taken, and I've gotten so it doesn't bother me so much. I'm working on my weight.

bargoo 08-03-2009 09:38 AM

Oh, Yes. I have heard that , several times when I was overweight. I never was able to find a good answer other than to mumble."I'm not pregnant". It reallyh is an unpleasant moment.

JulieJ08 08-03-2009 09:54 AM

My favorite answer for "When are you due?" is "Nine months after I get pregnant." It confuses them and they have to stop and think for a moment to figure it out.

diyana 08-03-2009 10:40 AM

JulieJ08 - that is a GREAT response! :cp:

I have been asked if I was pregnant before. The first time, I was mortified and ashamed. Now, I just say, no I'm just fat. Several years ago, my mother even said to me (after not seeing me for several months), "Wow, you've put on a TON of weight." which was true, and to which I replied, "Yes, and I can and will lose it." I felt like adding "I'll probably lose it faster than you'll stop being a b*tch." but I held that tidbit back. :rofl:

Hang in there. We will all get through this, lose our weight and not have to worry about anyone saying that to us ever again! :hug: