3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   why am I gaining????? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/177835-why-am-i-gaining.html)

ubergirl 07-29-2009 10:17 AM

why am I gaining?????

Ok. I've been pretty good about ignoring my scales ups and downs, but the last two mornings I've seen a three pound GAIN:?:

I've kept my calories consistently between 12 and 1400 since 6/19. This past week we entertained TWICE, during which time I had to turn down french pastries, homemade cake and key lime pie.

I'm tracking my calories on fitday.

I exercised every day except for my two very long work day.

yesterday I shrugged it off. Today, I was starting to feel frustrated!!!!!!!!!!

My clothes seem looser and I feel more fit, but scale wise it sucks.

matt_H 07-29-2009 10:21 AM

I'm currently going through the same thing. I'm up 3 pounds this morning from my lowest, but know I've been doing great and feel so much better (and my clothes are looser).

Its hard not to get frustrated, but you have to know the scale will lie to you over and over again. Keep on doing the right thing and eventually, the scale will go down.

jelder227 07-29-2009 10:31 AM

Honest - it will! Stick with it. I FINALLY got to 158 - on 7/12. I had been there 3 days in a row, and decided I really had it so changed my ticker and recorded my mini-goal as achieved. I instantly bounced back up to 161/162 over the next 2 days for no apparent reason. 18 days later, I'm back down and at 157. Of course, I've had TOM and a couple of crises in the interim, which may help account for the time span.

You can do it - persistence will get results.

time2lose 07-29-2009 10:39 AM

How often are you weighing? Fluctuations from day to day are to be expected, so many people weigh once a week. You are seeing results, "My clothes seem looser and I feel more fit." Why don't you just back away from the scale for a few days and see what happens?

You are doing good and will see results!

ubergirl 07-29-2009 11:12 AM

well, I'm going on vacation for two weeks, so I won't be able to weigh on the home scale til then...

thanks for the encouragement. I know I'm following plan, so I guess it "should" work...

Onederchic 08-11-2009 08:15 PM

If you are on plan, just stick with it and see how things go.

Good luck!

Hugs
Michelle

JayEll 08-11-2009 09:15 PM

At your current weight, you could be undereating on 1200-1400, especially if you're exercising.

Please check out some calorie estimating tools for your current weight and height and activity level. Freedieting.com has some.

You would think if cutting calories a little bit helps, then cutting them more would help even more--but there is a point beyond which that's not true.

Good luck!
Jay

ubergirl 08-11-2009 10:51 PM

Am happy to report that I'm still on vacation, and still losing.

Left half a fish wrap and all my chips on my plate at a restaurant today.

kiahna23 08-11-2009 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ubergirl (Post 2849648)
Ok. I've been pretty good about ignoring my scales ups and downs, but the last two mornings I've seen a three pound GAIN:?:

I've kept my calories consistently between 12 and 1400 since 6/19. This past week we entertained TWICE, during which time I had to turn down french pastries, homemade cake and key lime pie.

I'm tracking my calories on fitday.

I exercised every day except for my two very long work day.

yesterday I shrugged it off. Today, I was starting to feel frustrated!!!!!!!!!!

My clothes seem looser and I feel more fit, but scale wise it sucks.

Im going through that too...So I went on an all fiber one cereal...fruit...veggies (fresh only) and water diet for 2 days...It was a LARGE bowel movement that needed to pass (sorry to be so blunt)....lol...I feel better and hopeful I will be back to my 146 by tomorrow...