The good, the bad, and the fatty!

• Morning beutiful Chickies!
    Last night I was sooooooooo proud of myself. I went with my son to a movie, resisted the wonderful smelling popcorn, had some unsalted nuts stashed in my purse. After the movie it was getting late and he really wanted to go out to dinner. We debated about this trying to decide, where or even if to go. To tell you the truth, I was terrified! We decided on a place called Souper Salad. It is a buffett (I know dangerous already) with huge salad bar, soups, taco fixing, baked potatoes and dessert. He says to me "you can do it Mom!" So I had a wonderful dinner, some veggie soup and a great salad. I loved every bite, and didn't feel like I was missing out.
    Then..... this morning, up 3lbs! Omg! Probably the sodium in the soup, but so discouraging. Thanks for listening!
  • You did just fine. That should be just some temporary water gain. If you consumed enough calories to gain 3 pounds, you should know it.

Way to go!
  • Yes, definitely the sodium in the soup. You will be fine. Darned soup!
  • I totally feel for you...I am on my way for a day of back to school shopping and trying to figure out where I can eat lunch and not blow my day! It's tough out there!
  • You did marvelous. Marvelous!!! And I agree - the weight is sodium. Makes no difference, whatever restaurant it is - they always seem to cook with buckets of salt.

Drink lots of water today, get back to your home cooking and keep plugging away. Those 3 lbs will be off before you know it - and may even take a buddy or two along with them.
  • You did a great job!!! I love hearing stories like this! That said, Sodium terrifies me...And it is sometimes harder to avoid than anything else.
  • You did great! Disappointing scale but you can get past this!
  • Thank you all for your encouragement. Damn soup! 1/2 lb gone! Still drinking water!
  • The great thing about water gain/sodium gain is that it goes off a lot faster than a normal pound!!
  • You did fantastic! I hope the day I am faced with such a challenge, I can be as strong as you
  • Good on you for resisting that sweet smelling popcorn.. I know how hard that can be. The 3lbs should be gone soon, the same thing happened to a friend of mine and by the next week she'd lost 5lbs (the 3lbs she'd put on and 2 extra)
    I hope you have just as much luck!!!
    xxx