3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Seizing social opportunities (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/177433-seizing-social-opportunities.html)

Rosinante 07-24-2009 04:31 AM

Seizing social opportunities

Like Windchime said (good advice) I'm trying to make the most of any social opportunities offered. So someone whose bridesmaid I was rang up yesterday to invite me to their THIRTIETH :o:o:o:o:o wedding anniversary party and I'm going! We haven't met in 20 years, just not, no drama, got to the Christmas card stage. It was really great to hear from her, and so weird that the last conversations I really remember with her were when we are at school and talking about BOYZ HEE HEE, and now we're comparing menopauses!

The party might be challenging - the only people I know are her, tbh, I don't know if I'd recognize husband, didn't know him well, and her mother; everyone else will be strangers, adn while I can do strangers in my work role, I find it harder as just me; but I'm going, I'm gonna take that good advice and take every opportunity offered!

Ruthxxx 07-24-2009 06:12 AM

Sounds good to me. You wearing collar or cleavage? :lol:

TJFitnessDiva 07-24-2009 08:05 AM

Cool deal....have fun!

Rosinante 07-24-2009 09:29 AM

o cleavage, definitely!

Thighs Be Gone 07-24-2009 09:32 AM

ROFL---funny on the collar/cleavage thing! LOL--that pic, wow!

Have fun. I am going to start trying to push myself socially as well. I have always just chalked things up to not liking most people. Nowadays, I am trying harder to just accept people for who they are. I mean, I expect others to accept me, so I should extend the same.

Have fun.

TJFitnessDiva 07-24-2009 09:33 AM

ooo cleavage :) Since no one will know you except your friend then it'll be time for your alter ego come out to play!

Windchime 07-24-2009 09:59 AM

Good girl! I'm so glad that you said "yes" to the invitation. I'm always a little anxious about these things, but it always turns out much better/easier than I had feared. There will be at least a few interesting people there, so you'll spend a pleasant afternoon with nice people at the very least.

Go and have fun! :)

chickiegirl 07-24-2009 10:28 AM

Good for you putting yourself out there. It's not always easy to wander into those kinds of situations. Have fun!!

rochemist 07-24-2009 11:25 AM

As I tell my fella, go and have the time you were meant to have, "It is what it is".

scarletmeshell 07-24-2009 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rochemist (Post 2841726)
As I tell my fella, go and have the time you were meant to have, "It is what it is".

Wonderful advice! Have a wonderful time Rosinante.

SnowboundChick 07-24-2009 01:13 PM

Oh sounds like fun, good for you! LOL at the cleverage!

findingfawn 07-24-2009 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RomanceDiva (Post 2841491)
ooo cleavage :) Since no one will know you except your friend then it'll be time for your alter ego come out to play!

ABSOLUTELY!!! What a perfect opportunity to be the wild you!!