Old 07-23-2009, 10:45 AM   #31  
Reached Goal Sept 11/09

S/C/G: 228/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Aw... guys....

Lottie – thank you so much. I am glad that my words can help you! And you are doing so well! And I quit multiple times – I just restarted again immediately.

Lissus – thank you.

Just Sharing – I urge you not to spend time looking back with regret. The future is so much brighter than the past. Plus, you can’t change what has happened, but you can affect how you feel next year at this time!

Matt – I hope your evening improved! We all have those days…

CoffeeLuver – I love your avatar! I, too, am a coffee addict!

Counting Down – Congratulations to you! I can’t wait to get to maintenance myself. Only 9 lbs more!!

TraceyElaine - You will be glad, and you will be proud. I believe it and I hope you do too!

Beck – thank you!

Chic – I know that you and I have almost the same starting day! You are an inspiration to me and you look fabulous.

Jrmohr – good luck on your first day! If I can do it, so can you!

Aclai – the days add up quickly! I am so impatient, too. Just live every day the best you can, and you will be where you want to be in no time!

Chickiegirl – you can be here too! Just keep going! Never give up!

EsperanzaBella – I am just a regular person. That’s proof that it is possible and that you can do it, too! The tough days are temporary, but the changes you are making will last a lifetime.

Robin – you are my hero. Your post means more to me than you will ever know. I am grateful that anyone can get something from what I wrote. I have gotten so much from this site (and from you) this year…

Thighs – Woot indeed! It’s been wild, but I wouldn’t trade this year for anything. WTG on 83lbs! That is something to be proud of. See you in maintenance this time next year!

Barb – look at your bad self! Thank you!

DCHound – I am in awe of what you have done in just 11 months. I have followed your posts and seen the pictures. I relate so much to what you have written. Thank you for your words and your example to all of us!

Shannon – I am grateful I could help. You are doing great! Just keep on trucking….

H8cake – love the name, btw! Forgiveness is very important to me. I am really hard on myself and I need to give myself permission to fail and struggle sometimes. I just try to remember, when I look back, that I did the best I could with what I knew then. When I knew better, I did better. Congrats on your success, too! Wow!

Rosinanthe – thank you so much. You look fantastic, hottie hotpants!

Pita – you will be able to write a post like this! I know it. I am not special, or magic, I just did what anyone can do!

Dimanamar – you’re welcome. And welcome to 3FC!

Sandi - aw, gee! Now I’m embarrassed.

Foxxy – Congratulations to you! What a fabulous success you have had!

Lori Bell – Speaking of inspirations… I have followed your journey this past year. I am in awe of what you have accomplished. I love what’s in your signature “16 beautiful months to freedom” That sums up how I feel every day. Free at last!

FindingFawn – Thank you.

Wendyland – you can do it!! Go, girl!

All these responses have been so overwhelming! Thank you so much.

Peace, Heather
MrsWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 11:00 AM   #32  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

A very inspiring post!!...thank you for sharing and congratulations!!!!

I love that quote. I think it's something everyone should see when they sign up for this site!
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:02 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 253/Maintenance/140

Height: 5'8

Great post with a great title. I will be at the one year mark in about 5 weeks. You are bringing it all back to me. I know what you mean because I am so, so glad that I made that decision for the last time in 2008. In 2008, I was thinking about how "if only" I'd done it in 2007. Now ... thank God I have been doing it.

I am looking forward to life again and the weight loss is helpful for my depression, agoraphobia (don't know if I have posted about these things before, but there it is). My husband has a work party next week, and I'm going with him. My best friend from high school, who is now a fashion model/designer, wants to get together this fall and go to the beach "like old days." I told her yes and I am shocked at myself that it sounds like fun. Yesterday I felt really low and wanted to kill myself, but my vanity said -- what about the weight loss? All this work? (Yes, really. I do/should have more going for me, but sometimes it is the fact that I've already lost all this weight that does it for me.) I know that might sound sad/unhealthy, but the weight loss means so much to me.
WhitePicketFences is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:21 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 256/251/145

Height: 5'6"

I'm crying too. Can this post be made a sticky? hehe! Thank you Heather for sharing your story. You are a hero! Congrats Beautiful!
scarletmeshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:31 PM   #35  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 194/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6

Congratulations!!!
Your post is so inspiring!!

and you look soo good

Last edited by MsDiana 08; 07-23-2009 at 12:32 PM.
MsDiana 08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 01:11 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

Thank you for sharing your story. I really needed that today! You have done such an amazing job! COngratulations!
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 03:06 PM   #37  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Heather -

Congratulations on all your success! Your story is so amazing, inspirational and heart-felt! And you are a beautiful woman inside and out.

I love the quote about wanting to quit but never more than I wanted to succeed. I also like how you said you forgave yourself for not starting sooner...I am now forgiving myself for all the times (and there have been many) that I've started and gave up only to gain back all the lost weight and then some. I know this time I will succeed, because this time I won't quit. And a year from now, I hope to be close to goal and look (and feel) as wonderful as you do.

Thank you so very, very much for sharing!
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 07:19 PM   #38  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Heather,

Thank you for your post. It is so inspiring. What a difference a year can make. My results aren't quite as drastic as yours.... yet that is. Actually, I am currently just a little under your starting weight. I am so much healthier and happier than I was a year ago and look forward to being where you are a year from now!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 07:37 PM   #39  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

I was very moved by your words. Thank you so much for baring your soul.
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 08:14 PM   #40  
No description available.

Thanks for posting! So incredibly beautiful! You have inspired me, right along with a lot of other folks! Congrats!!!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:55 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 243/142/120

Height: 5'2"

What a wonderful, inspiring post. Thank you.
Blackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 10:28 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 305/172.6/135

Height: 5foot 4 inches

This is such a beautiful post, and it did make me cry too! Congrats on your success. I still struggle through this journey on a daily basis and posts like this help keep me going. thank you
HVEECK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 10:34 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Such a wonderful, inspirational journey! The old you sounds very much like the old me so it really struck a cord in me. Congratulations for being good to yourself, for loving yourself enough to better yourself and for sticking with it!! You should be immensely proud of yourself!

Thank you for sharing your story with us! It brought a tear to my eye and a smile to my lips!
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 12:18 PM   #44  
Keto on!

S/C/G: 256/200/180

Height: 5'6

Heather I truly loved reading your story! You are such an inspiration to all of us.
Gela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 02:39 PM   #45  

Congratulations on your success and thanks for sharing your story. Posts like this lets all of us know that it can be done.
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote