Old 07-23-2009, 11:10 PM   #1  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Default Fried foods, yuk?

Okay, So I haven't eaten anything fried for about 2 weeks.

I had a few little pieces of fried tofu today (I do like tofu so that wasn't it) and I HATED IT....the grease feeling in my mouth was FOUL.

It's only been two weeks, I cant see my tastes having changed all that much! But maybe I don't like canola oil specifically? I dunno...but I wish I had that reaction to all food that is bad for me!

:P
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 11:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

I gave myself an all-out ban on fried food back in April. By week 3 I was over wanting it, by the end of the month it grossed me out. However by a month after the ban I liked it again. ugh. But I have remained much more in control of my comsumption than before the ban (I was eating fried food 6- 14 times a week before)

Last edited by Aclai4067; 07-23-2009 at 11:15 PM.
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 03:29 AM   #3  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

I haven't banned fried food but don't eat it regularly, because it's so high in calories it cuts down on my budget space for the rest of the day.

However, the occasional times I've tried it, it hasn't tasted nearly as good as I remembered; and only yesterday I was thinking of making some fried potatoes to go with the lean chicken breast for dinner (had plenty calorie space left) and all I could taste in my mouth - just at the thought of it! - were pools of oil, ewwww ewwww ewwww.

Cured of fried food. Now for chocolate.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 09:59 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 253/Maintenance/140

Height: 5'8

I haven't banned fried food -- and in fact, I have craved it a few times -- but every time I am around it these last few months, I just feel turned off. Pretty nice, I guess. Hope that keeps up!
WhitePicketFences is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:29 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

The few times I've eaten it, I've had a painfully upset stomach.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 11:19 AM   #6  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Isn't it great when our tastes change and we don't even LIKE our old trigger food?

Hardee's chicken biscuit and hash rounds were a big part of my gaining weight. If I remember correctly, it was about 2000 calories. I ate that about 4 mornings a week. No wonder I got almost to 300 pounds. Anyway, when I start my plan, I promised myself that I could have that breakfast once every three months. When I got it after being OP for 3 months, it tasted terrible! Certainly not worth the calories. I only took a few bites and threw the rest away. Have not had it since!

One of my favorite dishes now are hashbrown potatoes. I take a leftover baked potato and cut it into small chucks. I spray a pan with a generous amount of PAM and brown the potato chunks. My family loves it and it is not oily at all!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 11:31 AM   #7  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Yes! I went to a chineese restaurant after 4 months of dieting, and I was disapointed in the taste because thats where I used to go and binge like almost every day. It wasnt as good as I remember it.

This is what we want, right? Yay!
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 11:45 AM   #8  
Escape from my fat suit

S/C/G: 290/210/130

I don't like cooking veggies in olive oil. I preferred steamed.

I used to like BK cheesy tots. I tried one the other day. It tasted like the worst chemically altered processed stuff. Ewwww. This is a good thing though.
better health3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 12:20 PM   #9  
Keto on!

S/C/G: 256/200/180

Height: 5'6

My tastes have changed so much for the better. I totally crave fresh, whole foods now. The idea of eating anything fried or over processed is just nauseating to me.
Gela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 01:35 PM   #10  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by time2lose View Post
Isn't it great when our tastes change and we don't even LIKE our old trigger food?
I hope eventually I get to that point! I'm totally impressed by everyone who's managed to do that. Right now it's more the caloric cost that deters me from certain foods as opposed to not really wanting them.

Quote:
Anyway, when I start my plan, I promised myself that I could have that breakfast once every three months. When I got it after being OP for 3 months, it tasted terrible! Certainly not worth the calories. I only took a few bites and threw the rest away. Have not had it since!
That's a great idea! I'll have to try that. Thanks for the tip!
LitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 01:38 PM   #11  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

I want to go to there...

My SAD reality is that I like the taste of salty, fatty foods. I just do. I find that my stomach won't tolerate them so much, but I love onion rings, and jalapeno poppers, and fish and chips. I just do.

I know that if I eat these foods, my stomach will reject them as I rarely eat them these days. But if I was to slip in my vigilance, I know it wouldn't take me too long to get right back into the fried foods swing of things. And that scares me.

Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote