Any VitaMix owners out there?

• If so, could you share your favorite recipes with me? I just bought mine today and am anxious to try it out
  • Well, what are you looking to make?

I don't have any formal recipes but there are a few things I like to make.

Green smoothies - spinach, celery, cucumber, frozen strawberries, half an apple and a chunk of ginger makes a nice smoothie. You can tailor your green smoothies by adding various fruits. I've included beets as well and other greens to kind of mix it up.

Pesto - Basil, soaked cashews, soaked pinenuts, spinach, garlic and a couple sundried tomatoes. I've used this to serve on kelp pasta. Its pretty good.

Hummus - cooked chickpeas, tahini, garlic, dash of lemon juice.
  • I make the 3 things Nelie mentioned in my Blendtec (similar to VitaMix). Mostly smoothies. That is the main reason we bought it. My husband makes one everyday for breakfast and I do 3-4 days out of the week. Add whatever you prefer.

I have made Almond Milk by soaking the almonds for 6 hours and then blending with water.
    1 cup whole, soaked almonds

2 tablespoons maple syrup or agave nectar

1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

4 cups filtered water

Blend all ingredients at high speed in a blender for about 1 minute. Strain through a cheesecloth-lined colander set over a large bowl. Refrigerate for up to 3 days.

I also make a good tortilla soup. It "cooks" in the blender with the heat of the motor in a couple minutes. Here's the link for the recipe. My girls like it also for a quick lunch. http://www.blendtec.com/Resources/HP...20Brochure.pdf
  • I use a lot of recipes in the cookbook that came with it or I grab recipes from their website. Carol's Awesome Vegetable Soup is one of my favorites. Zucchini Salsa is also great but I make a smaller (1/4) batch.

Here's the link to the recipe search. I check off the Household box down the bottom and that gets the list of all the recipes. It's easy to change them to meet your diet plan requirements.