Do you ever have one of those days... (OT)

• where the day looming ahead just seems SO FREAKING LONG. My gall bladder is sore, my littlest boy is sick with a virus, I have two daycare babies here EARLY and leaving LATE (due to their parents weird work schedule) and my two big girls are STILL at Grandma's (5 days now) so I have no one human (okay no one over the age of 3... same thing to me today) to talk to.

I feel like putting in my MP3 player and walking for miles and miles. If I had a triple stroller I would. But alas I only have room for two and I have three today.

At least I have nice ripe plump blueberries to look forward to for lunch.

blah.
  • Keep your chin up! That does sound like quite a day...but it's great that your stress-buster that you're craving is a long walk and not a pile of junk food! I don't know your story, but that sure impresses me. Good luck with your day...I hope it flies right past.
  • I know what you mean....being woken up before 6am with a whining 5 year old and 3 year old can sort of do that to me :P Plus all three of mine fighting before 8am, ugh! It's just one of those day I guess and I wanted to take them to the aquarium too but that's out the window.

I didn't get my early morning run in on the treadmill so it's a funky loooooooooooooong day and I can not wait till my DH gets home so I can go to the local track to relieve some of the stress.

• Well you can take comfort in the fact that tomorrow will be a better day.
  • What about the park? Have you one nearby?

I don't know what to say except I feel your pain.
  • I can relate to the long days especially when it does not start off right. I worked in childcare for 4 yrs. Now I work in a nursing home so it's still the same thing to me. Plus I have a 3 & 4 yr old by myself all week (DH only home on weekends, if that). Right now, this week seems like a looooooong week and I'm ready for it to be over. Sometimes I would give just about anything to go take a long walk somewhere (by myself).

Things will get better. Those days can't always stick around...
  • meh. The babies are in bed, lunch is done (we have it early) and I think I will take them outside to play in the sandbox/water table/swings after nap. I think my surgery date is looming in my mind and I KNOW I am pms'ing... lol.

That is not a good combination.
  • Hugs! Yes, I have days like that, though I don't run a daycare. I have days when I just feel stuck in a rut with a truck! Ya know! But then the next day is okay again and we just keep plodding along! it'll be nice to get outside with them. That's my biggest thing, if we are having a rough day, outside just clears my head! Have a great rest of the day!