Old 07-11-2009, 01:54 AM   #1  

Height: 5'5"

Default Super Size Me

I know this is not very new, but for inspiration to stay away from fast food, it's pretty good. Some parts of it are pretty gross, and it does show him eating the fast food, so if that's not good for you, then maybe you won't want to watch it. But I found it to be very interesting.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/63283/super-size-me

Last edited by LaurieDawn; 07-11-2009 at 11:30 AM.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 02:34 AM   #2  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

Ooh, I love that movie! And I was *just* thinking that would be cool to watch again now that I'm back to making a commitment for myself. I want to eat healthier and stay away from fast food, and this film contains many reminders as to why.

Last edited by Elladorine; 07-11-2009 at 02:35 AM.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 02:55 AM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I have some major philosophical issues with this film, mostly relating to personal responsibility, but in my opinion, ANYTHING that gets you motivated to not eat fast food is a PHENOMENAL thing.

I used to be a total addict (we ate at Wendys 3-4 nights a week...double cheeseburger, biggie fries, the whole thing, and giant Taco Bell feasts at least once. I remember my order, even...Nachos Supreme, 2 crunchy taco Supremes, a tostada, and a Pintos N Cheese. Nothing like 1230 calories, 63 grams of fat, and 2820 mg of sodium to end your day right!). Even when we "dieted", we'd not eat all day, then binge on fast food at night. Totally and completely addicted. Now, I honestly avoid it whenever I can...just doesn't appeal anymore. Even the one I really enjoyed (In N Out), now, I just don't want. So take heart, addicts! You can definitely break your addiction, and if SuperSize Me helps you do that, again, then watch it again and again!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 03:34 PM   #4  
Starting over

S/C/G: 257.8/242.4/135

Height: 5' 5"

I loved that film. Especially the first time they "Super-sized" him--and he threw up.

It was a wonderful film.
Alana in Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 09:56 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 305/172.6/135

Height: 5foot 4 inches

yeah, this film was good. I agree though, that everyone should be responsible for what they eat and not blame the fast food restaurant for being unhealthy or over weight. Just because its there, doesn't mean we have to eat it
HVEECK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 09:57 PM   #6  
Claiming Victory!

S/C/G: 283/273/245 1st

I just saw this with my daughter. We loved it!!!!
LuvMyMr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 12:13 AM   #7  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Completely OT, but the thing that most stuck with me from that entire movie was the school that re-vamped their lunch program. Organic foods, lots of fresh fruits and veggies, no more canned/frozen stuff...the behavior improvement was amazing! I teach and the food they serve in the cafeterias around here is insane! A typical lunch is a slice of pizza, corn soaked in margarine, french fries, and a roll! Can you say carbohydrate coma? I'm convinced it's why 3/4 of my students couldn't keep their eyes open in 5th period. (Couldn't have possibly been boring old me! ) What's worse is that in the schools where I've taught, fully 95% of the student body was eligible for free lunch, which means that school meals (we served breakfast too - if you want to call microwave silver dollar pancakes , cinnamon rolls, and chocolate milk "breakfast") were likely the only food most of them ate every day.
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 12:26 AM   #8  
Maintenance May 2011

S/C/G: 312/149/150

Height: 5'6"

Remember the fries experiment at the end? That really amazed me. What is in fries that makes them last forever?

Supersize Me and Fast Food Nation should be shown to kids in school AND their parents. Maybe that would cut down on the fast food consumption. Probably not...
mizski is offline   Reply With Quote