What's changed for you?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I was feeling kind of blech this afternoon, so I ate 2 pieces of toast. I didn't feel too great about eating something so carby, but then I got to thinking, in the "old days" I would've eaten a sleeve of cookies and washed it down with a pint of Haagen Daas. Then I started thinking about all the other things that have changed along this journey...
    • I always fasten my seat belt now
    • I don't put off checking the mail, I attend to bills straight away.
    • I shower and brush my teeth regularly
    • I go to the doctor
    • I exercise regularly
    • My house is clean almost all the time
    • I don't spend too much time on the computer or in front of the TV
    • I'm taking a lower dose of my anti-depressant

What's changed for you?
  • Oh I like this thread!

I bath or shower EVERY day instead of every second, it takes less effort now
    I make an effort with my hair/makeup and clothes every day
    I RUN and play with my kids
    I exercise
    I plan my meals and stick to them
    I eat breakfast!
    I have low blood pressure
  • Hmm....

I'm no longer on anti-depressants
    I make time for myself and DON'T feel guilty about it!
    I actually enjoy my kids
    "Take time to smell the roses" isn't just a saying for me anymore
    I'm way more active than I have been in years
    I try to find the positive in everything
  • I really agree with Tanee's statement that she is taking time to smell the roses. Me too! Me too!

My NY resolution was to simplify my life. I am doing everything I can to do just that. Getting rid of things, people, situations, etc. that take me away from what I really WANT and NEED to be doing.
  • So far ...

Not hitting the drive throu just cuz it is there.
    Making food plans when going out to run errands.
  • I eat smaller (much smaller) meals, but am more satisfied with them.
    I no longer think about cake constantly.
    I treat myself better.
    I feel like a success..
    I understand myself better.
    I feel energetic and sometimes run places for fun.
    I no longer walk into a new exercise class and think, "OMG, I am the largest person here and won't be able to keep up and everyone thinks I'm disgusting". I now walk in wondering how long it will take me to get good and whether it'll become a part of my fitness program, even if I am the largest person in the class.

Great thread
  • I exercise.
    I have more patience.
    I don't think about treats I'm going to have all the time.
    I take better care of myself.
    I eat smaller meals and don't take seconds.
    I have more energy.
    I'm more aware of what I put in my body.
    I don't sit in front of the tv every night.
    I play with my kids and have fun.
  • Everything CFMama said except substitute "dogs" for "kids."

I truly believe I can do anything I set my mind to.
    I truly believe that, although I am not perfect, I am beautiful, I deserve to be happy, and I have as much right to exist on this planet as anyone/everyone else and to live my life the way I want to.
    Etc.
  • Okay, I love reading all your posts! I am not nearly as far along on the journey as you gals but I sure love the possiblity that some of these things will happen for me as I continue my journey.

Thank you.
  • I remember I was starting to have a hard time getting around when I was still at 360 pounds. My asthma had gotten much worse.

I've maintained myself around 285 for a few years now. While I'm making a fresh start here and would like to lose more, I appreciate breathing easier and being much more flexible all around.
  • I don't have asthma attacks! My childhood asthma returned with a vengeance when I moved from NY to NM and since I've been working out I can breathe again!
  • hmm...my desire to be a better ME. it has increased greatly
    • I exercise at least 5 to 6 days a week with intensity and with real, dripping sweat.
    • I go to the doctor for regular check-ups. (I actually owe this one to my sweetie for insisting I go, but I do so now without griping)
    • I love cooking flavorful and healthy meals that rival what I can get in a restaurant.
    • I can walk through the pastry section of a grocery store and truly don't feel the call of my name.
    • It's been over a month now where I've gone to bed at night feeling proud of myself instead of laying there berating myself for being a pathectic loser.
    • The biggest change is that I really believe I'm on my way to being fit and healthy.
  • I can tie my shoes, bending over, and not be out of breath. and the bow is on the top of my shoe not the side of my shoe.
  • I crave veggies and fruits..