4 miles baby!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I'm up to 4 mile walks, 3 times a week. 4 FREAKING MILES!!!! 9 months ago I weighed almost 400 pounds and now I can walk 4 miles?

4 MILES!!!!!!!

/jubilation

• You are great, keep at it!
  • Wonder Woman!! You kick boo-tay!
  • YEAH! Huge accomplishment.

I remember when I first started walking 3 miles and I would be looking for the car at the end of it. Now I don't even think about it and I am done when I feel like I barely begun (this has led to some 6 mile loops )
  • Woo-hoo! Great accomplishment and a real testament to sticking with it and pushing yourself further!
  • How great!
  • You're doing wonderful!!!
  • WOOOOT WOOOOOT!!!!
  • That's wonderful! YGG! What an amazing accomplishment! You are an inspiration! You ROCK, sista!

I look forward to being able to walk 4 miles! A week ago, I was only able to walk about 8 minutes without having to sit down due to back pain....thanks to a cortisone shot in my back, I can now walk 20 minutes (a little over a mile) and am looking forward to increasing the distance and time gradually!
  • Thats really good! Really really good! Keep going!
  • Isn't it amazing how our bodies can recover if we just change how we treat ourselves? It's always just so amazing to me. As for walking--I've tried all sorts of exercises to do at home, but nothing beats good, brisk walking for me. Since I've started walking in mid-April, I have lost consistently for 10 weeks out of 11 (and that one gain was .2 pounds).

Congratulations!
  • that's fantastic, congrats!

when I got up into my highest weight, walking felt like such a chore, so I know what it's like to gain that freedom of motion and endurance.
  • That is flipping amazing! What speed are you going at?
  • cfmama that is awesome! You must feel absolutely fantastic and that is well and truly deserved! Congrats!
  • Fantastic! You go from strength to strength!