3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   oh how your garden grows! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/176156-oh-how-your-garden-grows.html)

Trazey34 07-07-2009 07:09 PM

oh how your garden grows!

sorry i know no one really cares lol but i'm soooooooooo proud of the crazy garden! it's insane we have so much stuff I'm able to give some to the neighbours and still eat it every single day :carrot::carrot::carrot:

the lettuce & spinach are awesome, same with the radishes & onions
jalepenos & cayenne peppers!
japanese sugar snap peas
tomatoes coming along but not ready yet
a really cool self-watering container growing eggplant!

GirlyGirlSebas 07-07-2009 07:20 PM

You have absolutely no idea how freaking jealous I am! LOL.

SnowboundChick 07-07-2009 07:21 PM

Very nice! I know I"m loving my garden this year!

Lori Bell 07-07-2009 08:43 PM

Awesome garden Trazey! I LOVE to see city dwellers farming their little corner of the world! Wow...no weeds either! I spent 1/2 the day pulling weeds and still have a plenty!

I planted a second season crop of watermelon, cantaloupe and cucumbers today. If we don't get an early frost, this batch should be producing mid-October. Oh my, more weeds. ;)

jab91864 07-07-2009 08:56 PM

Great garden !!!!

About the only thing I am able to harvest at this time is spinach. Planned to put in peas but didn't get around to it this year... not sure what happened there..lol.

The only downside to gardening is come winter I really miss my fresh tomatoes.... nothing else compares.

cfmama 07-07-2009 09:28 PM

So what's your address? And how big of a bucket should I bring?

Pita09 07-07-2009 10:03 PM

Beautiful garden and I'm so jealous. I've just started growing annuals in containers on my little apartment patio, and am now considering that next year I will see what I can do with growing my own little container veggie garden.

How easy is it to grow jalapenos? I love them and tomorrow I will have to buy just one for a recipe I'm doing this week. I don't even know if the store will know how to charge for one jalapeno pepper. :D

BarbPA 07-07-2009 10:32 PM

That's great!!! :D

My "garden" this year consists of 4 big pots on my deck with some peppers and tomatoes. Gotta start somewhere. ;)

Trazey34 07-07-2009 11:05 PM

I'm proud of the NO WEEDS that's my little routine every morning to get my coffee and scour the landscape LOL my DH says I'm a bit anal and that the outside doesn't have to be as clean as the inside hahahah

and Pita the jalepenos & cayenne are super easy, i bought a little plant already started for $1 at the market assuming it would die the next day but it really took like crazy! the peppers are hot but not mind-blowing

better health3 07-07-2009 11:08 PM

It is lovely. I am jealous of your sugar snap peas...yum, they are one of my favorites. Thanks for sharing.

Heather 07-07-2009 11:19 PM

I'm growing some veggies for the first time this year, though got a lot of em going late. Yours look great!

rockinrobin 07-07-2009 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas (Post 2817187)
You have absolutely no idea how freaking jealous I am! LOL.

You and me both. Oh how I would love my own garden.

Enjoy Trazey.

Alana in Canada 07-07-2009 11:34 PM

It's just not fair!
I'm in Zone 3--I'm guessing you are a Zone 5? Our first frost free date is supposedly May 21st--but we had frosts in June this year--and NO RAIN until this week, practically.

Not that we planted anything. I still haven't figured out the timing of everything yet.

We DID build boxes in anticipation but then ran out of money to fill them with dirt. Sigh.

That does give me a whole year to figure it out, though!

Tai 07-08-2009 06:10 AM

I'm jealous as well! Everything looks so great Trazey!

Heather 07-08-2009 08:23 AM

Alana-- We built a 10' x 4' x 16" 9tall) raised bed this year and I know what you mean about not being able to fill it. We were, but my goodness, it does cost a bit -- unless you know someone with a lot of compost AND you have a way to get it. And the time to fill it!! It took me hours to fill it with all the components mixed well!