Old 07-19-2009, 06:53 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 279.5/195.5/166

Height: 5' 11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by msim View Post
My NSV for July is seeing the little pop of muscles emerging from underneath the fat.

I can see a little bicep as well as feel a hardening in my tricep. Today I am wearing heels and am starting to see definition in my calf!

I bought a pair of irregular Levis--marked size 16 for $9.99. For 2 months I have tried to wiggle them on. Last night I was able to finally pull them up over my hips--can't zip or button them yet, that victory will come soon though!
I got these jeans locked and loaded! I also picked through clearance racks yesterday and got a pair of size 14 jeans--they fit!, a pair of size large linen pants--plain large no x or xx--they fit!
msim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 07:27 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 300/ticker/190

Height: 5'9"

My NSV isn't dramatic, but I walked today for the first time in about a month. I had sprained my ankle last fall, & also had pain in my heel whenever I exercised (convenient excuse), but today I walked at a good workout pace, & neither my ankle or heel hurt!! I started my exercise program today!
bcort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 08:19 PM   #33  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildThings View Post
I made a New York style pineapple cheesecake last night and have a Snickers cheesecake in the oven now. The entire process involved crushing graham crackers, Oreos, chopping Snickers bars, melting chocolate, not to mention the batter itself. I did not even so much as taste any of it. They will both be retired to the freezer by the end of the day were they will stay until next weekend when I need them for a family function.
Wow!! Awesome willpower!!
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 08:20 PM   #34  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcort View Post
My NSV isn't dramatic, but I walked today for the first time in about a month. I had sprained my ankle last fall, & also had pain in my heel whenever I exercised (convenient excuse), but today I walked at a good workout pace, & neither my ankle or heel hurt!! I started my exercise program today!
Every little bit counts!
Old 07-19-2009, 09:58 PM   #35  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

Well, I've gone through my first week of eating right with only one slip-up, which was only because I wasn't prepared. Hopefully that won't happen again any time soon.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 12:38 AM   #36  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

I have collarbones.

That is all

I HAVE COLLARBONES!!!!!!

I'll stop now
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 09:25 AM   #37  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

CFMama, that's awesome!

I can't remember where I read it...a woman had lost a bunch of weight and felt a hard mass on her side. She was scared to death it was cancer and finally, about a week after she first felt it, had her husband look at it. His reply? "Honey, that's your hipbone!"
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 09:27 AM   #38  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

my bras are no longer so tight that they leave painful, deep red marks along my sides.
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 09:28 AM   #39  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcort View Post
I have chronic foot pain too; I think that is a very big deal to be even a little pain free!!! congrats to you!

Last edited by dcapulet; 07-20-2009 at 09:28 AM.
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 02:54 PM   #40  
loving my beautiful self

these are all great!!

About 6 months ago, I began exercising 3 times a week. Today, I am still doing that. I've been at the gym 3 times a week almost every week (bar a few scheduling changes) for 6 months!!! This is the first time I have been consistently physically active in my life! I am so excited for 12 months!!! I want to keep it up till then and beyond. I want to be a lifer when it comes to exercise

My second NSV: there is a dress hanging in my closet that I bought 2 years ago, which I have never worn because it has been just a wee-bit too tight (and later, waaaaay too tight) on me. Every so often I try it on to see how it fits. This morning, I went to zip it up, and it zipped up so effortlessly (in the back), I didn't even have to think about what I was doing! Then I realized how comfortably I could do that and thought - "oh my gosh!!". In a week or two, it will absolutely be perfect to wear out!
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 03:31 PM   #41  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Such great NSVs this month!

I decided to wear a skirt to church on Sunday. I bought it last summer. It's a 2X and, last summer, I had to wear it almost under my boobs in order to be able to zip it. When I put it on before church Sunday, it was nearly falling off my hips! I pulled it up to where I had to wear it last summer and I could stick my entire arm down the front.

I got a lot of compliments on how nice I looked. One woman who hadn't seen me in a while said I looked younger and asked me for my secret potion!
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 03:41 PM   #42  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

I saw my mom for the first time since xmas. She was so happy that I"d lost weight, she said my boobs looked a little smaller, which is great!

I also wore this dress to a wedding tha ti"d worn before and it gave me "pudge" but now....dun dun dun! NO PUDGE! Also, the bust part was far roomier than when I wore it 34 lbs ago.

Good thing the dress is simple and will be easy to alter!

Last edited by lottie63; 07-21-2009 at 03:41 PM.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 03:42 PM   #43  

A friend of mine came by yesterday and said he noticed I lost weight. He thought I had on a new outfit but it wasn't, it just fits and looks better.
Old 07-21-2009, 04:11 PM   #44  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

I noticed today that I actually have energy!

Maybe this whole eating right thing is starting to pay off.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 08:45 PM   #45  

My DD came in my room earlier and said, "Mom your neck is skinny again!". I said, "So, are you trying to say it was fat before?". She says, "Well, ummmmm, yeah!" Teenagers! Gotta love 'em!