Decreased Appetite x_x

• Heya Chickies-

Been MIA for a while. My spring semester ended and my summer one started 5 days later, what a LONG vacation! -sarcasm-

It's been a month since I've started my journey, and I just wanted some feedback on an issue I'm struggling with. I went from eating like 3000-4000 calories a day (ick!) to pretty much nothing compared to that when there's no food in the house ;( Do any of you get "depressed" when you don't have the right foods stocked in your kitchen? We desperately need to go grocery shopping, and I'd rather not eat than eat horrible foods. Don't get me wrong, when we have the right foods everything is well-planned and I eat the way I'm supposed to, so what gives? I know its not smart to skip meals, your body winds up holding on tight to your fat (which explains why I've only lost a pound since the fridge has gone barren) Any advice on how to kick the habit?

-Stephy
  • Get to the store!!! Make sure there are healthy things around ALL THE TIME!!! Don't skip meals...you know that is the worst thing to do!!! You can do it....I sometimes go to the store 3 times a week just so I am stocked with healthy stuff!!! I do have some junk around that the kids like, but that is slowly depleting and when it's gone, it's not getting replaced. All of my kids are eating healthier because I made the change...they have no choice...if they are that hungry, they will eat the good stuff.
  • Have to agree about hitting the store. It's an absolute necessity. Corner market, farmers market, big chain grocer -- it will be even harder to to do this journey if you don't have good foods around you and much of the time the good ones are the non-processed foods.

It's time consuming, but so worth it when you see what and how much you can eat when you cook it/shop for it yourself (as opposed to a restaurant or something).
  • Go buy groceries? lol!

I always keep my fridge and pantry stocked with my FAVORITE healthy foods. I don't eat food I don't like. Why would you???

Go. Get some yummy fruits and veg. Cook a fabulous dinner. And don't let this excuse stop you from being the person you want to be!
  • I do know that feeling of being depressed there is no food in the house and not eating because of it. My problem is I despise the grocery store experience - going, shopping, packing the car, unloading the car, unloading the bags, finding room for everything - blech. HATE IT. But you gotta do it, chickie dee. Necessary evil. Think of it like brushing your teeth - just another in a long list of "have to's even if I don't want to's" in life.
  • I too hate going to the store. In an emergency even our big chain gas stations carries healthy food, salads, veggies,yogurt, and fruit. It has saved me many times when I was to tired or just to lazy to go to the big store.
  • I don't ever, ever let it get to the point where there are no healthy options in the house. NEVER. I need to set myself up for success. EAting and being healthy won't happen on it's own. It's got to be thought out and planned in advance.

You wouldn't go to school without having the right books, notebooks, pens and all the other supplies you need to learn properly and get the job done. You wouldn't go play tennis without a racket. Same goes with our food - you can't eat well and healthy if you don't have healthy foods on hand. You've got to always be prepared. Make it a priority. It's THAT important.

So get thyself to a store and stock up. And keep on re-filling as needed. Don't make it an option to not have the right tools on hand that will get you to become and remain that healthy person you so deserve to be.