Ants on a log!

• My FAVORITE childhood snack was ants on a log, back in the good old days of playing outside all day and coming in for a brief snack. Now I think it is the PERFECT dieters snack: it is crunchy, a little salty, and a little sweet. If anyone doesn't know what it is, it's you take two pieces of celery, a tablespoon of reduced fat peanut butter and six raisins. Put half a tablespoon pb and 3 raisins on each piece of celery(I just take one piece and cut it in half). So good! Next time I go to the store I'm getting the supplies!
  • I'm happy for you.
  • I love peanut butter spread on celery sticks! I stick with natural peanut butter though..better flavor, fills you up quicker than 'Jiffy' and the best part..it's NATURAL!

Ingredients: peanuts ..gotta love it!!
  • I love ants on a log. I buy organic "just peanuts" and it's SOOOO GOOD!
  • Wow... that sounds totally great! I love celery, and I love natural PB. The raisins... not so much... but I'm willing to give it a try!

Jay
  • My favorite snack, and its whole peanut butter, not afraid of fat anymore, Read the label alot of non fat food is replaced with sugar, and sugar turns to fat when you eat it. I just watch my calorie intake and use good fats. I also like apples w peanut butter.
  • Oh my goodness, that brings back memories. I remember my pre-school teacher used to make us those daily! Mmmm
  • My dbf and I were talking about this the other day. I want to try it, but don't particularly care for celery. Does it have a strong taste? MY mom used to do celery and cream cheese also
  • I remember that snack from my childhood. I wasn't a fan. I just can't do celery........even though I should learn to like it. LOL
  • You can hardly taste the celery, imo. It just adds some crunch. Since celery is mostly water, it doesn't really have a flavor(which people tell me about water chestnuts and i still hate them, so who knows). I have not had the cream cheese version, but it sounds worth or try. Or maybe do laughing cow and skip the raisins!

Craisins are good too mmmm
  • Yum!!! I love them! Never thought about using Craisins.

My youngest (age 7) thinks I'm a culinary genius, and I am, as I make all kinds of fun stuff like this and even green eggs & ham!

• I can't have the rasins but I have some natural peanut butter ervery day, except yesterday, my dog ate it instead! That was an expensive doggy treat!